Author Topic: Hotel Compensation Master Thread  (Read 205296 times)

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #720 on: September 28, 2019, 11:07:30 PM »
Great idea, gonna try it!

Don't forget to let us know what happened in the end :).

Offline Chief Rabbi of New York

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 31, 2019, 03:52:22 PM »
tryp by wyndham bat sheva
10 night stay
didnt give free breakfast since it was points booking
got 22.5k points back
Show Some Respect for Me, I am The Chief Rabbi of New York :)

Offline Denverite

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 31, 2019, 03:54:53 PM »
tryp by wyndham bat sheva
10 night stay
didnt give free breakfast since it was points booking
got 22.5k points back

Wow, is that a new policy of theirs or you just got a mean check-in person and that's why you got compensated?

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 31, 2019, 04:01:11 PM »

So I messaged them via Hotels.com (where I have proof of everything in the history) and the lady from the property said it was an error and they will refund but I need to do it via hotels.com so I told her that I'll try again and this time they should not decline the refund!

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #724 on: October 31, 2019, 04:06:52 PM »

Hotel: Hotel Bristol Vienna- A Marriott Luxury collection
Year of incident: 2019
Status at time of incident: Gold
Incident: connecting rooms weren't locked, and a curious neighbor walked in.
Compensation: Full refund and 30k Comp.

(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 31, 2019, 05:48:37 PM »
Wow, is that a new policy of theirs or you just got a mean check-in person and that's why you got compensated?

That’s their new policy
If you look at tryp and Wyndham website
For point bookings it now says room only

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 05, 2019, 02:42:28 PM »

The property got back to me and said they should have approved the cancellation and refund (assuming she saw that I had booked a 2brm for like $60 a night) so at least I got my money back.

Offline ruru1000

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 07, 2019, 03:10:40 PM »
Bellagio Las Vegas:
Mlife Gold
Hyatt Explorist
Booked a comped room for 4 nights. Checked in around 11pm. Was given room in the spa tower on a suite floor (but not a suite). Do not disturb sign was on the door.... I figured it was left there from the previous person, or check-in clerk wrote the wrong room number, so assumed the key card wouldn't work if that was the case. Key worked, guy was sleeping in bed (woke up and jumped out of bed in his underwear after I came in). Went right back down, and they gave me a penthouse suite in the spa tower. I asked if they can waive the resort fee too, and they waived half of it. Room was comped anyways. Amazing suite with 3 bathrooms and a view of the fountains :)

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 07, 2019, 03:27:02 PM »
Bellagio Las Vegas:
Mlife Gold
Hyatt Explorist
Booked a comped room for 4 nights. Checked in around 11pm. Was given room in the spa tower on a suite floor (but not a suite). Do not disturb sign was on the door.... I figured it was left there from the previous person, or check-in clerk wrote the wrong room number, so assumed the key card wouldn't work if that was the case. Key worked, guy was sleeping in bed (woke up and jumped out of bed in his underwear after I came in). Went right back down, and they gave me a penthouse suite in the spa tower. I asked if they can waive the resort fee too, and they waived half of it. Room was comped anyways. Amazing suite with 3 bathrooms and a view of the fountains :)
Nice, do you have pics of room?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 07, 2019, 04:16:47 PM »
Bellagio Las Vegas:
Mlife Gold
Hyatt Explorist

i wonder what compensation the other guy got ?

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 07, 2019, 07:29:16 PM »
Bellagio Las Vegas:
Mlife Gold
Hyatt Explorist
the guy u woke up deserves it more than u lol

Offline ruru1000

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 07, 2019, 09:39:58 PM »
the guy u woke up deserves it more than u lol

By the time I got down to the front desk, he had already called down. I imagine they comped his room, but who knows. I Imagine they comped his room.   

Offline menachemd1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 27, 2020, 04:54:54 PM »
Had this incident last week and the below is part of the email i sent to GM from the hotel. what kind of compensation can i ask in this case?

We arrived to the SLS Beverly hills hotel around 12pm after a long and exhausting flight. The front desk was helpful with getting us early check in and directed us to the spa so we can wash up and relax there until our room gets ready. 

We were barely falling asleep, when at around 7:45pm the doorbell to our room rang. We figured it was a mistake and ignored it. But the person was persistent and rang the door multiple times. At that point, my wife told me to go check the door, but before I even had a chance to get up, I heard the door open. Someone just opened the door to my room while I was in my bed. I quickly yelled for that person to go out. 

I thought that perhaps there was an emergency and they wanted to evacuate the rooms, so I called the front desk and they stated that all is okay, and they will check the security footage to see who entered our room. 

Needless to say, we were quite anxious falling asleep after that fearing that a stranger will walk into our room. 

The next morning, we went to the front desk to inquire whether they had any information on the incident that happened the night before. The receptionist responded very nonchalant, “oh, yes, it was room service going around doing the pm shift, and when no one answered the door to your room they opened the door. When they saw someone in bed, they quickly left (?!).”

If a hotel provides room service in the evening, they tell me at check in, so I should be aware of that. 

Even if I didn’t get that notice, I had the PRIVACY option selected on my door so no one should bother me. (I had selected it for the morning.)

Offline ltttc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 27, 2020, 05:26:02 PM »
Had this incident last week and the below is part of the email i sent to GM from the hotel. what kind of compensation can i ask in this case?

We arrived to the SLS Beverly hills hotel around 12pm after a long and exhausting flight. The front desk was helpful with getting us early check in and directed us to the spa so we can wash up and relax there until our room gets ready. 

We were barely falling asleep, when at around 7:45pm the doorbell to our room rang. We figured it was a mistake and ignored it. But the person was persistent and rang the door multiple times. At that point, my wife told me to go check the door, but before I even had a chance to get up, I heard the door open. Someone just opened the door to my room while I was in my bed. I quickly yelled for that person to go out. 

I thought that perhaps there was an emergency and they wanted to evacuate the rooms, so I called the front desk and they stated that all is okay, and they will check the security footage to see who entered our room. 

Needless to say, we were quite anxious falling asleep after that fearing that a stranger will walk into our room. 

The next morning, we went to the front desk to inquire whether they had any information on the incident that happened the night before. The receptionist responded very nonchalant, “oh, yes, it was room service going around doing the pm shift, and when no one answered the door to your room they opened the door. When they saw someone in bed, they quickly left (?!).”

If a hotel provides room service in the evening, they tell me at check in, so I should be aware of that. 

Even if I didn’t get that notice, I had the PRIVACY option selected on my door so no one should bother me. (I had selected it for the morning.)
Best case is to ask for comp while you're there, but hey ask for a complete refund

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 27, 2020, 09:32:20 PM »
I got over $1000 back on a housekeeper walking in with a do not disturb sign on the door

Offline ltttc

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 27, 2020, 09:40:35 PM »
I got over $1000 back on a housekeeper walking in with a do not disturb sign on the door
Which hotel chain?

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 28, 2020, 01:04:58 AM »

Cash?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 28, 2020, 08:55:06 AM »

Offline ltttc

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 28, 2020, 10:27:01 AM »
80k Marriott points for non adjoining rooms. (Nice as they don't guarantee that as it's based on availability)

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #739 on: August 10, 2020, 02:48:48 PM »
A resort that was booked via CSP travel lost power during the hurricane for 10 hrs. Can I get comp through Chase either as one of the card benefits or reimbursement of points that we didn't get the full benefit from?
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.