Author Topic: Hotel Compensation Master Thread  (Read 205269 times)

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #760 on: February 04, 2021, 05:11:53 PM »
They are supposed to book for you an equivalent hotel (cash). Plus give you compensation. Call Marriott. Also tell them that they didn't take care of you like they were supposed to and let you fend for yourselves. Keep us posted please. Good luck!

Do you have any status?
They are supposed to book for you an equivalent hotel (cash). Plus give you compensation. Call Marriott. Also tell them that they didn't take care of you like they were supposed to and let you fend for yourselves. Keep us posted please. Good luck!

Do you have any status?

Its the perfect hotel to force a pay, they are super stingy with élite benefits.

I volunteer to help you out.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline chinagel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 04, 2021, 07:07:03 PM »

Do you have any status?
Just lost my platinum to silver :(

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #762 on: February 04, 2021, 10:17:58 PM »
Were you Platinum at check-in time?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 04, 2021, 10:27:29 PM »
Doesn't Marriott soft land you to the level below? And if you have the CCs,  plus 50% of last year's nights required to hit Platinum, shouldn't you still be Platinum?

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 06, 2021, 08:36:11 PM »
Were you Platinum at check-in time?
no
Doesn't Marriott soft land you to the level below? And if you have the CCs,  plus 50% of last year's nights required to hit Platinum, shouldn't you still be Platinum?
Had CC a while ago. Took them some time to downgrade me.

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #765 on: May 26, 2021, 11:15:38 AM »
Hotel: Hyatt Hotel Nyack
Year of incident: 2021
Status at time of incident: Globalist
Incident: AC Was old and very noisy so much that it affected my sleep
Compensation: 5000 points

Online Spoon

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 26, 2021, 12:12:22 PM »
Hotel: Hyatt Hotel Nyack
Incident: AC Was old and very noisy so much that it affected my sleep
Compensation: 5000 points

Off topic but overall was the hotel nice? Would you go back? I'm thinking of staying there.

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 26, 2021, 12:32:28 PM »
Off topic but overall was the hotel nice? Would you go back? I'm thinking of staying there.
We had a dark, manly cave, leather/wrought iron kind of room.  I was ok with it, but my family wasn't.  It had weird painted, exposed pipes running across the ceiling as part of the decor.  I don't know about the pool or gym.  It was during COVID.  The location is right off the highway in an industrial area IIRC.  It is not the typical hotel decor.  I'd go back if I had reason to.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 12:35:36 PM by srap »

Offline Joel

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #768 on: May 26, 2021, 12:49:26 PM »
We had a dark, manly cave, leather/wrought iron kind of room.  I was ok with it, but my family wasn't.  It had weird painted, exposed pipes running across the ceiling as part of the decor.  I don't know about the pool or gym.  It was during COVID.  The location is right off the highway in an industrial area IIRC.  It is not the typical hotel decor.  I'd go back if I had reason to.
very interesting decor not typical. Pool wasn't yet open but they plan on opening, its outdoor.
Overall was nice got a nice upgrade to a suite no breakfast and AC was very noisy.
Interesting place to get away for a night also close to Nyack Beach State Park

Online Spoon

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 26, 2021, 01:14:25 PM »
Interesting thanks

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 26, 2021, 03:27:46 PM »
very interesting decor not typical. Pool wasn't yet open but they plan on opening, its outdoor.
Overall was nice got a nice upgrade to a suite no breakfast and AC was very noisy.
Interesting place to get away for a night also close to Nyack Beach State Park
...and a cheap hotel (8k) if you're going for the do-5-different-brands (of the 16)-then-get-a-free-night deal that the Hyatt chain is running. It is a Jdv hotel: "Inspired by the vibrant neighborhoods we call home, our guest rooms are designed with personality."  It was definitely different.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 26, 2021, 04:04:36 PM »
...and a cheap hotel (8k) if you're going for the do-5-different-brands (of the 16)-then-get-a-free-night deal that the Hyatt chain is running. It is a Jdv hotel: "Inspired by the vibrant neighborhoods we call home, our guest rooms are designed with personality."  It was definitely different.
Got 1k for new hotel offer + 500 No Glob Breakfast + 5k for AC issue above. then Bonus Journeys offer is another 1250 per night  so my total cost was 250! lol

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 27, 2021, 12:21:38 PM »
Hotel: Hyatt PHNYC
Incident: Used 60K for premium suite, was given a none suite room on a low floor and then upon request I was changed to a suite as (partially) described on its site..... suite was dirty with a broken sink with hair in the tub and was smaller then listed on Hyatt.com. I suspect they assign some rooms based on availability and they Just call it the name that you booked your room/suite...
Compensation: 10K hotel / 20k Hyatt
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline Happyguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 27, 2021, 03:59:11 PM »
Hilton Tel Aviv - Executive Lounge closed and nothing was given instead. Hardly any staff due to COVID and there was no one around at reception desk. They wanted to give me 10k, I asked for more so they gave me 20k.

Offline joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 30, 2021, 12:57:09 AM »
Stayed at the Wyndham resort in Lancaster and the hot water wasn’t working in the entire hotel from around 7pm through the night. How do I go about getting a compensation and what should I expect?
It’s not fun not being able to take a shower after a full sweaty day…

And that’s besides the fact that there was no house cleaning due to COVID 19…no masks but still no cleaning…

Offline dsprod

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz pc, Marriott gold, United premier platinum, star alliance gold.
« Reply #775 on: August 01, 2021, 12:15:51 AM »
Any ideas on getting compensation after i left the hotel? Should i call the hotel or email the global customer service center?

Offline superstareli55

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 04, 2021, 07:40:33 AM »
Just got a $100 gc for a dirty room and broken faucet at Richmond Airport Hyatt place

Offline joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 20, 2021, 04:57:05 PM »
Stayed at the Wyndham resort in Lancaster and the hot water wasn’t working in the entire hotel from around 7pm through the night. How do I go about getting a compensation and what should I expect?
It’s not fun not being able to take a shower after a full sweaty day…

And that’s besides the fact that there was no house cleaning due to COVID 19…no masks but still no cleaning…
they offered 7.5k points. should I be happy or can I get more? I'm a diamond member.

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 14, 2021, 05:04:54 PM »
Dear Sir/Madam,

When I booked my flight, I was considering booking DL 1327 from MIA to JFK departing  03:30 PM. I ultimately decided to book B6 2592 because I wanted to allow enough time to get to my nephew's Bar Mitzvah. Looking back, I regret this decision. Instead of waiting in my apartment or airport, I waited on the tarmac for TWO HOURS! I trusted JetBlue to get me to me to my destination in timely fashion and they failed me. This wasn't for reasons beyond their control, rather because of their maintenance and upkeep of their aircraft. I fly JetBlue infrequently and after today's incident I don't intend on changing that.

I will describe my experience below.

Today, October 14, I flew on B6 2592 from Miami to New York. The flight was scheduled to depart at 01:36 PM. I boarded the aircraft and took my seat. We left the gate and started taxiing and suddenly stopped. After a while the captain informed us that that a light went on indicating a mechanical problem. I find it unexcusable for this to have occurred. An airline is meant to do proper maintenance checks before passengers board an aircraft. We were informed that we needed to return to the gate. The captain said it can take about 20 minutes. This delay carried on for 120 minutes. That is a big difference. I would also like to note that the captain did not do a good job on keeping us updated. We sat on the tarmac and waited a long time between announcements This was very frustrating. To make things worse, I kindly asked flight attendant Rina for food. She said that she can't pass me water, but can give me water if I go to the back of the plane. But no food. I was really hungry. Once the tarmac delay continued for two hours. I asked for food again and was my request was denied. This was a direct violation of DOT regulations. As sited below:

"Food and Water
Are airlines required to provide me with food and water during a tarmac delay?

Yes.  During a tarmac delay, airlines must provide you with a snack, such as a granola bar, and drinking water no later than two hours after the start of the tarmac delay"

I have video evidence of this.

In sum, not only was I was terribly inconvenienced by sitting on the tarmac for two hours, as that was happened, the airline had the audacity of violating my federal rights as passenger. I therefore demand proper compensation.

I expected to receive an appropriate and swift response.

Thank You for your attention to the matter.

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 14, 2021, 05:07:35 PM »
Dear Sir/Madam,

When I booked my flight, I was considering booking DL 1327 from MIA to JFK departing  03:30 PM. I ultimately decided to book B6 2592 because I wanted to allow enough time to get to my nephew's Bar Mitzvah. Looking back, I regret this decision. Instead of waiting in my apartment or airport, I waited on the tarmac for TWO HOURS! I trusted JetBlue to get me to me to my destination in timely fashion and they failed me. This wasn't for reasons beyond their control, rather because of their maintenance and upkeep of their aircraft. I fly JetBlue infrequently and after today's incident I don't intend on changing that.

I will describe my experience below.

Today, October 14, I flew on B6 2592 from Miami to New York. The flight was scheduled to depart at 01:36 PM. I boarded the aircraft and took my seat. We left the gate and started taxiing and suddenly stopped. After a while the captain informed us that that a light went on indicating a mechanical problem. I find it unexcusable for this to have occurred. An airline is meant to do proper maintenance checks before passengers board an aircraft. We were informed that we needed to return to the gate. The captain said it can take about 20 minutes. This delay carried on for 120 minutes. That is a big difference. I would also like to note that the captain did not do a good job on keeping us updated. We sat on the tarmac and waited a long time between announcements This was very frustrating. To make things worse, I kindly asked flight attendant Rina for food. She said that she can't pass me water, but can give me water if I go to the back of the plane. But no food. I was really hungry. Once the tarmac delay continued for two hours. I asked for food again and was my request was denied. This was a direct violation of DOT regulations. As sited below:

"Food and Water
Are airlines required to provide me with food and water during a tarmac delay?

Yes.  During a tarmac delay, airlines must provide you with a snack, such as a granola bar, and drinking water no later than two hours after the start of the tarmac delay"

I have video evidence of this.

In sum, not only was I was terribly inconvenienced by sitting on the tarmac for two hours, as that was happened, the airline had the audacity of violating my federal rights as passenger. I therefore demand proper compensation.

I expected to receive an appropriate and swift response.

Thank You for your attention to the matter.
How much should I expect for this. Is there a direct email for JetBlue? The online form doesn't allow more than 1,500 characters.