Author Topic: Sheloshim Yom Kodem Hachag - Pesach  (Read 7439 times)

Offline Mocha

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Sheloshim Yom Kodem Hachag - Pesach
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a separate issue l'gabei heating up food in a hotel oven on Chol Hamoed?

Offline U-no-me!

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 12:19:26 PM »
Is it not because you need to eat 1 kezayis as a prusah for the bracha al achilas matzah, and 1 kezayis as a shulam for bracha of hamotzie?

According to the Rosh (pesachim 10, 30) the brocho of Hamotzie needs to be on a sholaim, hence a 1 kzayis for Hamotzie, and the brocho "al achilas Matzo" needs to be on a perusah in order to fulfill the requirement of lechem oni hence another kzyis for "achilas matzo" (although, there is a machlokes achronim if one is required to eat a full kzayis of "Hamotzie" for lechem mishna).
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline U-no-me!

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 12:54:15 PM »
Some have the minhag to eat the "beitzah" of the seder plate by "shulchan areich" for the following reasons 1. Zecher "l'chagigah 2. Zecher "laveilus" since Tisha B'av falls out on the first night of pesach 3. Zecher "lchurban" since we can't currently be makriv korban pesach.

One should make sure not to eat to much by shulchan areich in order that he should still have a taivah for afikomen. if one ate so much (achila gasa) that he is distgusted by even eating the afikomen he is not yotzei since that is not called an achila.
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline shmuelb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 01:23:26 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a separate issue l'gabei heating up food in a hotel oven on Chol Hamoed?

What kind of issues are you talking about? Maisa Uman? Chametz?
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 03:51:27 PM »
As much as the following is pretty straightforward, the surprised looks of people when telling them the following made me decide to post here.

Doesn't specifically speak about Pessach.

To reduce the pain, get married lag baomer, so that you only have to spend shavuos there.

Offline WhyAich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Sheloshim Yom Kodem Hachag - Pesach
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 03:58:25 PM »
As much as the following is pretty straightforward, the surprised looks of people when telling them the following made me decide to post here.

To reduce the pain, get married lag baomer, so that you only have to spend shavuos there.

What happens if your wife always wants to go to her parents???
You show her the Gemara??!?? Only Chag rishon?

No! You go like a man and make your wife happy.
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline U-no-me!

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 04:12:49 AM »
One should not eat anything after eating the afikomen. if one ate after the afikomen, he should re-eat the afikomen as long as he has not yet bentched.

One should not drink wine after the afikomen, between the 3rd and the 4th cup and after the 4th cup. There are 3 possible reasons for this 1. Since it is a mitzvah to speak about yetzias mitzrayim the whole night chazal didn't want you getting tired or drunk. according to this reasoning only alcoholic beverages are assur but other drinks are muttar. 2. it shouldn't look like you are adding on to the 4 cups and having a 5th. according to this reasoning you may even drink chamar medina. 3. so that the taste of matzo shouldn't leave your mouth. according to this reasoning any drink is assur, except for light drinks e.g. water, tea etc;. The minhag is to be machmir and not drink anythig except for light drinks, b'shas hadchak one may be someich on the first taam and drink regular drinks as long as it is non alcoholic, especially the second night of pasach.
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 06:45:57 PM »
I guess there aren't that many halachos for shavuos but maybe just over all hilchos yom tov.
Anyone want to start?
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2012, 03:09:17 AM »
Do you eat milky or meaty?

Offline harry

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 04:17:44 AM »

Yes, but by Pesach the new son-in-law can point to his shvigger while saying "morer ze...." ;)

Offline aussiebochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 04:46:11 AM »

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 08:23:42 AM »
We wait until nacht to Daven Maariv so the 49 days are Temimos.

Chidush - My chavrusa pointed out that there may be a "chidushdike heter" b'shaas hatzorech to make early Yom Tov, meaning Daven Maariv after Plag or just Kiddush and Maariv later. This is nogea in places far North... Ask your competent LOR if you live in Petersburg etc. In general, I've heard that Chabad is more makpid about this, they usually do not make early Shabbos. CMIIW.

Brought down in the Ben Ish Chai begining of Parshas Bamidbar in regards to the second night.

הקדוש בלילה הראשונה צריך להיות אחר צאת הכוכבים דכתיב שבע שבתות תמימות תהיינה, אבל בליל יו"ט שני לבני חו"ל אינו צריך לילה ודאי אלא יכול לקדש מבע"י, ואדרבא עדיף טפי לקדש מבע"י במקומות אלו שמצוי יתושין הרבה מחמת החום בלילות הקיץ, ואם מקדש מבע"י תוכל האשה להדליק הנרות מבע"י ולא חשיב מכין מיום ראשון ליום שני, יען כי הנרות מדלקת אותם לצורך הקידוש שמצוה להיות נרות בעת הקדוש לפי סברת כמה פוסקים הפשטנים וגם לסברת המקובלים, ולכן כיון שמקדשים מבע"י יכולים ג"כ להדליק הנרות מבע"י, ודוקא נרות שמדליקים במקום השלחן שעושין שם הקדוש, אבל נרות המדליקים במקום שינה או בשאר מקומות אין להדליקן מבע"י, משום דיא יו"ט ראשון מכין ליו"ט שני כך העלתי בסה"ק רב פעללים בס"ד:

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 08:29:10 AM »
Do you eat milky or meaty?

Both but my wife makes the best cheesecake!!   :D :D :D :D
And no, we will not be putting 2 slices on ebay 6 days before Shavuos...  :P
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16379.0
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:32:36 AM by shmuelb »

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 08:58:45 AM »
I always had a shaila as to whether the minhag of temimos meant that you shouldn't be mekabel yuntif early or was just a din in the mitzvos hayom. I am pretty sure I asked a shaila and was told that since tosefes yo"t is possibly a mtzvah doraisah and this din of temimos is a late minhag you should accept yo"t early
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »
I always had a shaila as to whether the minhag of temimos meant that you shouldn't be mekabel yuntif early or was just a din in the mitzvos hayom.

What do you mean in the mitvos hayom? Kiddush? Maariv? Why are they megarea in temimus of the previous days?

Offline U-no-me!

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »
The minhag is to eat something milchig the first day of Shavuos. The Rama writes that the reason is in commemoration of the korban of Shtei Halechem that they brought on Shavuos, being that we eat both a milchig and fleishig meal, therefore one must have 2 separate challos for the 2 meals, since it is forbidden to partake of the same bread both for milchig and fleishig, hence, the commemoration of shtei halechem.

One need not bentch between the milchig and fleishig meal (unless he ate hard cheese) rather rinsing his mouth and washing his hands is enough. The zohar on the other hand writes that on must not eat milchigs and fleishigs in the same meal together, to be mekayem the zohar you must bentch.

Another reason for this minhag is, after the Jewish nation received the Torah, they went back to their homes but only found Dairy to eat being that meat takes a long time to prepare (shchita, nikur, melicha, cook in new kosher utensils), therefore they ate dairy, and we commemorate that.

Some also have the minhag to eat milk and honey since the Torah is nimshal to them, as the pasuk in shir hashirim 4' 11' says " dvas v'chalv tachas leshoincha".
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline mek

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 01:04:54 AM »
Rav Yitzchok Abbadi in tshuvos Ohr Yitzchok is mater it completely to daven early. says temimios svara isnt found in any rishonim

Offline U-no-me!

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2013, 02:01:58 AM »
On Pesach it is forbidden to be metaltel chametz. On Yom Tov itself it's assur because it's muktza and on Chol Hamoed it is assur beacuse of a gezeira you might come to eat it, however on chol hamoed it is muttar to move chametz in order to burn it, for then there is no chashash that you might forget, and eat it.
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline U-no-me!

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 07:10:15 PM »
It is muttar to use a chometzdige kli on pesach b'derech arai for washing clothing etc; I.E. not for food usage.
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline U-no-me!

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 07:16:36 PM »
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:20:55 PM by U-no-me! »
Vote U-no-me '14!