Author Topic: Help with a Delta Ticket  (Read 9822 times)

Offline arig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a Delta Ticket
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »
do u see that in writing anywhere??the agent said it would only work on a delta operated flight but not partners...

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »
do u see that in writing anywhere??the agent said it would only work on a delta operated flight but not partners...

Ah, I got confused. The agent may be right, I'm not sure whether the extra bag extends to all on a RSVP on a partner. SkyTeam Elite members themselves, though, definitely get an extra bag, though:

Affaires
You can transport 2 baggage items weighing up to 32 kg each at no extra charge. Beyond this allowance, the weight of each extra baggage item must not exceed 23 kg.

Are you a Flying Blue Silver, Gold, Platinum, or SkyTeam Elite / Elite Plus member? You can transport one additional baggage item weighing up to 32 kg.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline arig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 04:47:07 PM »
thanx for all ur help!

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
thanx for all ur help!

You are welcome.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline HLS

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 03:24:39 PM »
Hi you have been so helpful in the past I figured I give you another try. 

So my daughter ended staying in Israel for Pesach and had a pretty good time.  She is on her way home today but.... 
As you might recall she went TLV to Prague on Check Air - (absolutley no problem and actually got in early).  PRG-JFK on Delta.  She is planning on returning next Monday on a Delta flight.  So here is the problem/ challenge. 

I live in Cleveland.  So we bought her a ticket on Airtran for this evening.  Figured 4 hours was enough time between landing in JFK and catching a flight at LGA.  Problem is her PRG-JFK flight, left almost 8 hours late due to mechanical problems.  AirTran said they would do me a favor and change the ticket with no change in fare but still charge me $75.  Delta agent in Prague told her that Delta would pay for her flight to Cleveland.  I called Delta this morning but they said no way, since she is on a seperate ticket to Cleveland. 

So I need your advice.  What is your experience?  What can I expect to get from Delta for this major inconvenience?  I need to make the decision soon so that Airtran will still cancel before 8.30 tonite.
 You have been so helpful in the past and hope you wil again.

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 03:51:45 PM »
nothing. They are not forced to accomadate your other flight if its not on one ticket.... You can ask for regular compensation for the delay, you will prob get some miles....

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 04:15:19 PM »
That's the risk you take when you buy separate tickets on different airlines.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline arig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 03:13:31 PM »
just wanted to update on the AF flight-
they let me check an extra bag at 70 in TLV with no fight after i flashed my silver medallion card. my wife wasn't allowed an extra bag even with being on the same reservation...