Topic Wiki

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/88534

Breakfast:
Paying guests get breakfast for free. If you are staying on points you need to be gold or diamond to get free breakfast. (source)

Parking:
Complimentary (No longer, is now 60sh for self park - Drago)

Shuls Nearby:
Great Synagogue - Approx. 7 minute walk
Kotel around 15min walk thru the mall & arab Shuk (Only suggested when soldiers are present like friday night on the way home)
Hotel has a Shul in the basement
Shul across the street

Hechsher: Plain Rabbanut Yerushayim (not mehadrin)
hechsherim in isreal
whatever your rabbi says you can eat, someone else's rabbi says is treif

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast (Hechsher, Early flight, etc') please PM shimino1

If you get free drinks vouchers and don't use them, I'll buy it off you for 10 shek per voucher.
PM shimino1

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast please PM dragoddfer, and he may be able to pay for the breakfast.

« Last edited by Mimo on October 25, 2022, 01:41:54 AM »

DansDeals Forum > On The Road

Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem

(1/1161) > >>

Mikeoracle:

--- Quote from: steve2 on December 17, 2009, 07:55:36 AM --- I wouldnt look for a *W Hotel in Jeru for yrs or decades to come. Hyatt,Hilton,Marriott,Best Western, Days Inn,HoJo, are all part of the past as well

--- End quote ---
Arent they putting up a Waldorf Astoria down the block from the former Sheraton Plaza in J-M? Is there any info out there regarding if they will be participating in the HHonors program and accepting award reservations?

steve2:

--- Quote from: Mikeoracle on December 17, 2009, 10:21:08 AM ---Arent they putting up a Waldorf Astoria down the block from the former Sheraton Plaza in J-M? Is there any info out there regarding if they will be participating in the HHonors program and accepting award reservations?

--- End quote ---

Well originally it said Dec 2010, which has been taken down. When last over there in Oct it doesnt seem any work had been done on the project for months. So who knows when it will be finished if ever built at all.

Then once finished it will be a WA Collection I believe a night off-peak starts at 50k per night with peak being 60-80k. there are different levels within the WA, not known where this Hotel will fall. But for me it will take too mnay pts to be worth it

No sense worrying about a Hotel that is still yrs off from opening up

Mikeoracle:
Thanks for that update, I was there in March last year and saw the sign for 2010 opening and was wondering about the progress. I actually started accumulating some Hilton points on the side in anticipation of an eventual stay there.... Oh well  :-\

jack:
I am spending $$ on a Hilton card exclusively for this hotel - I hope they won't disappoint.

steve2:

--- Quote from: Mikeoracle on December 17, 2009, 11:44:25 AM ---Thanks for that update, I was there in March last year and saw the sign for 2010 opening and was wondering about the progress. I actually started accumulating some Hilton points on the side in anticipation of an eventual stay there.... Oh well  :-\

--- End quote ---

also keep in mind the vast part of the project was Private apts and not the Hotel itself. In this great economic arena we are in who knows how many apts were sold. Im sure they figured on using the funds from the apts to fund the construction of the whole project.

So my Guess is that till they start Closing on a good amount of the apts they arent going to do too much in teh way of building and maybe end up with alot of unsold apts and lose alot of $$$.

Even Mamilla isnt getting the #s they had hoped for, it was built before the down turn was even on the horizon. Heck it was so bad that the Citadel took whatever res they were able to for Succos in past yrs it was 10 nights or No room. This yr they grabbed those who only wanted to be there on Yom Tov itself and not Chol Ha Moed

also are you aware that as of 1/15 most every Hilton will be going up by 1 Cat level, or 5k in pts per night?  http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/landing/RewardFAQ/index.do

that doesnt have the WA on it but Im sure the WA in Jeru will get 60-80k per night. Too much for Me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version