Topic Wiki

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/88534

Breakfast:
Paying guests get breakfast for free. If you are staying on points you need to be gold or diamond to get free breakfast. (source)

Parking:
Complimentary (No longer, is now 60sh for self park - Drago)

Shuls Nearby:
Great Synagogue - Approx. 7 minute walk
Kotel around 15min walk thru the mall & arab Shuk (Only suggested when soldiers are present like friday night on the way home)
Hotel has a Shul in the basement
Shul across the street

Hechsher: Plain Rabbanut Yerushayim (not mehadrin)
hechsherim in isreal
whatever your rabbi says you can eat, someone else's rabbi says is treif

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast (Hechsher, Early flight, etc') please PM shimino1

If you get free drinks vouchers and don't use them, I'll buy it off you for 10 shek per voucher.
PM shimino1

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast please PM dragoddfer, and he may be able to pay for the breakfast.

« Last edited by Mimo on October 25, 2022, 01:41:54 AM »

Author Topic: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem  (Read 1162193 times)

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
Re: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem
« Reply #3300 on: May 23, 2017, 09:03:13 PM »
Is there an issue with the Waldorf Jerusalem if account holder is not there? I heard rumors that Waldorf Jerusalem asks for account holder at the hotel even if certificates  are booked under your name  thank you

Would like to know this as well...

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: May 24, 2017, 02:25:52 AM »
I did. i got a much lower rate after negotiating it with them
How much?

Offline gross5g

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: May 24, 2017, 03:01:25 AM »
Gotta love HHonors at the WAJ (PLEASE don't sell it)!!  I happened to be looking through our account points activity and look what they posted for our points stay during Pesach.  This one had about $80 in charges but with the 2k Everyday promotion and other bonuses I got over 12k in points!

13 Apr 2017 - 18 Apr 2017    Waldorf Astoria    

Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem

2017 HH1 2K EVERY DAY
   0    10000    0    

MYWAY PREFERENCES BONUS OPTION
   0    1000    0    

Base Points
   817    0    0    

50% BONUS ON BASE POINTS
   0    408    0    

DIAMOND VIP BONUS - 50% 2017
   0    408    0

And for another 4 night points stay with no expenditures, we got 8k just for that 2k a day special.  It's annoying if you're spending a lot on a room to only get 2k instead of double or triple points but it worked out great this time and the points earned from these two points stays have reserved me two nights at the new HGI in Singapore (was only 10k a night)!  So far I've only seen the WA Jerusalem doing this and seriously I hope THEY don't pay HHonors for these points, if so maybe that's why they aren't profitable?

I stayed before here at the Hilton TA and not only no 2k a night bonus (which I don't expect on a points booking) but they didn't even give me any points on all the food charged to the room.
The 2k promo was per night the way Hilton works as long as there is a charge on the room u get the full bonus .
I did this at Hilton tlv I  stayed there for 2 nights used $5 and got back 5k in bonus as it's considered a stay.

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: May 24, 2017, 03:04:18 AM »
Is there an issue with the Waldorf Jerusalem if account holder is not there? I heard rumors that Waldorf Jerusalem asks for account holder at the hotel even if certificates  are booked under your name  thank you
Officially not as long as the 2nd guest is added to the reservation but it's under hotel discretion if want to honor any benefits if there is status on the account

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: May 24, 2017, 11:09:27 AM »
The 2k promo was per night the way Hilton works as long as there is a charge on the room u get the full bonus .
I did this at Hilton tlv I  stayed there for 2 nights used $5 and got back 5k in bonus as it's considered a stay.

Thanks, I called the diamond desk and they added the 2k a day at the WA for another reservation and I'll call back then too about the TA hilton.

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: May 25, 2017, 06:15:04 AM »
Have 2 rooms for both nights shavous twin deluxe $1100
PM me if interested

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: May 25, 2017, 12:22:26 PM »
I did some reading and searching in this thread and think I found answers to most of my questions, but just to be sure, I'll ask them explicitly.

Can the weekend nights from the Hilton Reserve card be used at the WAJ even on weeknights? If they can, how does one check availability?

What are the chances of getting a upgraded to a junior suite or better (assume diamond)? We're talking late August if timing matters. Will they allow 2 children on the sofa and give a crib in the suites?

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: May 25, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »
Officially only for weekends there are reports of people getting Hilton to do it for weekday though hard to do.
From my experience if there is available Jr suite that's the standard upgrade they give  they don't usually give the bedroom suites, have to speak to hotel about kids in the room if have a sofa then usually they are ok with it but if have a smaller room they charge for an extra bed .
As for avaialbility you have to find the regular superior room which on points is between 86-95k they can't use weekend certificate on other rooms

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: May 25, 2017, 01:21:36 PM »
I did some reading and searching in this thread and think I found answers to most of my questions, but just to be sure, I'll ask them explicitly.

Can the weekend nights from the Hilton Reserve card be used at the WAJ even on weeknights? If they can, how does one check availability?

What are the chances of getting a upgraded to a junior suite or better (assume diamond)? We're talking late August if timing matters. Will they allow 2 children on the sofa and give a crib in the suites?

Our first time there we did get upgraded to a Jr. Suite and also have a crib in the room.  Also, they don't ask for Passports like at Hilton TA so they aren't counting total number of people in the room.  Two small kids could definitely fit on the sofa bed.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #3309 on: May 25, 2017, 01:28:02 PM »
They've become very stingy with suite upgrades

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: May 25, 2017, 01:37:16 PM »
Haven't had any issues and I've done a few bookings recently , also depends on status level
just recently they have been overbooked so the rooms are less available

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: May 25, 2017, 01:47:46 PM »
Officially only for weekends there are reports of people getting Hilton to do it for weekday though hard to do.
From my experience if there is available Jr suite that's the standard upgrade they give  they don't usually give the bedroom suites, have to speak to hotel about kids in the room if have a sofa then usually they are ok with it but if have a smaller room they charge for an extra bed .
As for avaialbility you have to find the regular superior room which on points is between 86-95k they can't use weekend certificate on other rooms
Our first time there we did get upgraded to a Jr. Suite and also have a crib in the room.  Also, they don't ask for Passports like at Hilton TA so they aren't counting total number of people in the room.  Two small kids could definitely fit on the sofa bed.
They've become very stingy with suite upgrades
Haven't had any issues and I've done a few bookings recently , also depends on status level
just recently they have been overbooked so the rooms are less available
Thanks for all the responses. Plenty of dates currently available for the base room for when I'm there. In fact the only dates not available are when I plan to be on a trip.

Does it matter what status you are when you book? Is it sufficient to just make sure I get a diamond match before I get there?

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: May 25, 2017, 02:07:12 PM »
Yes they do ask for passports at least Everytime I've gone because they need it to see whether to charge tax. If you don't keep the little blue slip from airport they try and hit you with the 17% tax
status is good for when you stay not when you book.

Offline Z56

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #3313 on: May 25, 2017, 02:10:23 PM »
would  Hilton weekend certificate would work at the waldorf Jerusalem
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: May 25, 2017, 02:16:55 PM »
Yes they do ask for passports at least Everytime I've gone because they need it to see whether to charge tax. If you don't keep the little blue slip from airport they try and hit you with the 17% tax

do they try and put tax on a points booking as well -meaning on the cost of the room even though its done with points and should be no taxes(as opposed to extra charges to the room).

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #3315 on: May 25, 2017, 02:19:34 PM »
he was saying that they don't ask to see everybody's passport only the person checking in

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: May 25, 2017, 02:21:44 PM »
do they try and put tax on a points booking as well -meaning on the cost of the room even though its done with points and should be no taxes(as opposed to extra charges to the room).
Tax is only for final bill so if use points and bill is zero then no tax if bill is $5 the tax u on the $5

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: May 25, 2017, 02:23:29 PM »
he was saying that they don't ask to see everybody's passport only the person checking in
I just did Hilton tlv I only had my passport not my wife or kids they asked me if I had my wife's only bc if she was a tourist then we wouldn't pay tax as I am on a student visa. Didn't ask for my kids

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: May 25, 2017, 02:49:32 PM »
would  Hilton weekend certificate would work at the waldorf Jerusalem

Of course!

Offline Z56

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #3319 on: May 25, 2017, 02:56:22 PM »
Of course!

How would I book it or check availablelty ?
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work