Topic Wiki

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/88534

Breakfast:
Paying guests get breakfast for free. If you are staying on points you need to be gold or diamond to get free breakfast. (source)

Parking:
Complimentary (No longer, is now 60sh for self park - Drago)

Shuls Nearby:
Great Synagogue - Approx. 7 minute walk
Kotel around 15min walk thru the mall & arab Shuk (Only suggested when soldiers are present like friday night on the way home)
Hotel has a Shul in the basement
Shul across the street

Hechsher: Plain Rabbanut Yerushayim (not mehadrin)
hechsherim in isreal
whatever your rabbi says you can eat, someone else's rabbi says is treif

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast (Hechsher, Early flight, etc') please PM shimino1

If you get free drinks vouchers and don't use them, I'll buy it off you for 10 shek per voucher.
PM shimino1

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast please PM dragoddfer, and he may be able to pay for the breakfast.

« Last edited by Mimo on October 25, 2022, 01:41:54 AM »

Author Topic: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem  (Read 1151125 times)

Offline yfr bachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem
« Reply #5060 on: July 22, 2021, 03:56:51 PM »
Litov on Haneveim and in the old city is Eida, Haneveim Boutique is Eida.
Ziporri bakinerret (Tveria), Bakfar (Chafetz Chaim) Viznitz Zipori (Bnei Brak) are all Eida as far as I know
Aristocrat (Bnei Brak) - Landau
Kinorot (Tveria) - Eida
Galei Sanz (Netanya)

Thats just what i thought of off the top of my head, I'm sure I missed a few more

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #5061 on: July 22, 2021, 04:02:07 PM »
Litov on Haneveim and in the old city is Eida, Haneveim Boutique is Eida.
Ziporri bakinerret (Tveria), Bakfar (Chafetz Chaim) Viznitz Zipori (Bnei Brak) are all Eida as far as I know
Aristocrat (Bnei Brak) - Landau
Kinorot (Tveria) - Eida
Galei Sanz (Netanya)

Thats just what i thought of off the top of my head, I'm sure I missed a few more
never heard of these hotels

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5062 on: July 22, 2021, 04:03:43 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: July 22, 2021, 04:15:58 PM »

Because you live in Chul and they don't have a heavy web presence? or they're not "flagged"?

Most of them can be googled. I did it just now to double check hechsherim.

https://www.haneviimboutique.co.il/
https://kinorothotel.co.il/%d7%90%d7%95%d7%93%d7%95%d7%aa/
http://www.hafetz-hayim.co.il/%D7%A0%D7%95%D7%A4%D7%A9%D7%9E%D7%9C%D7%9B%D7%95%D7%AA%D7%99%D7%9C%D7%9E%D7%94%D7%93%D7%A8%D7%99%D7%9F.html
https://www.aristocrathotel.co.il/%d7%9b%d7%a9%d7%a8%d7%95%d7%aa-%d7%94%d7%9e%d7%9c%d7%95%d7%9f/
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2187446-d2176727-Reviews-Viznitz_Zipori_Class-Bnei_Brak_Tel_Aviv_District.html
https://litovhotel.co.il/

Dan, there's no way a hotel in Israel can/will compete with a Resort in the Maldives,but these are nice hotels.

and this is my point, because you're an ignorant American, Israelis (think) they can get away with telling you stuff like
...the Waldorf is the best most reliable Mehadrin hotel in Israel.

The next time you come, try some of them, (and support religious yidden instead of the cousins who predominate in the larger hotels)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 04:27:43 PM by yfr bachur »

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: July 22, 2021, 04:17:09 PM »
They are not big, fancy hotels.
Most of them are smaller 3-4 star family oriented hotels that are specifically geared towards religious and orthodox crowd.
I don't think a Hilton style hotel would be viable for a Badatz Eida or Rubin Hechsher since they probably insist the whole place has to be Kosher, keep Shabbos, use only Jews for cooking and serving wine etc'

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: July 22, 2021, 04:30:06 PM »
Really? Some of these have been around for 50 years.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #5066 on: July 22, 2021, 04:32:37 PM »

https://litovhotel.co.il/

With this gem

The Hotel offers 27 double designed rooms & 6 large  pampering suits.

Which I guess would make sense for a
family oriented hotels that are specifically geared towards religious and orthodox crowd.

Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline gross5g

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: July 22, 2021, 04:33:43 PM »
Really? Some of these have been around for 50 years.
Of course he hasn't heard of them bc you actually have to pay to stay in them

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: July 22, 2021, 04:37:42 PM »
They are not big, fancy hotels.
Most of them are smaller 3-4 star family oriented hotels that are specifically geared towards religious and orthodox crowd.
I don't think a Hilton style hotel would be viable for a Badatz Eida or Rubin Hechsher since they probably insist the whole place has to be Kosher, keep Shabbos, use only Jews for cooking and serving wine etc'

The Eida will never give on a place that has TVs in the rooms, or a pool that can be seen from the rooms, or plays music and serves wine at the same time, or has anyone of numerous other problems. The Eida regards its hechsher as stating that the certified location is acceptable for a Eida affiliated Jew to be in.

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: July 22, 2021, 04:40:28 PM »
With this gem

Which I guess would make sense for a

Welcome to Israel. They cant even spell the name of the streets properly in english.
\I'll take the place that cant spell in English over that one with shady Kashrus

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5070 on: July 22, 2021, 04:40:31 PM »
+1 to everything @yfr bachur said. I think the nicest true mehadrin place is Galei Tzanz (recently redone, has rooms with sea view). I would say Keinar is also on that level of kashrus but that's debatable.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #5071 on: July 22, 2021, 04:54:04 PM »
The Eida will never give on a place that has TVs in the rooms, or a pool that can be seen from the rooms, or plays music and serves wine at the same time, or has anyone of numerous other problems. The Eida regards its hechsher as stating that the certified location is acceptable for a Eida affiliated Jew to be in.
Which is why you have mashgichim saying that the food in certain places is up to a certain standard, but they cant get a good Hashgacha because of things that have nothing to do with the food. Which is ridiculous and leads to a lot of problems....

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: July 22, 2021, 04:57:38 PM »
Which is why you have mashgichim saying that the food in certain places is up to a certain standard, but they cant get a good Hashgacha because of things that have nothing to do with the food. Which is ridiculous and leads to a lot of problems....
While I'm sure this is true I don't think it makes a huge difference in the bigger picture. Most of the places that have this issue are not the places Eida/Rubin only crowds will patronize anyway. Rabanut mehadrin will do just fine and they won't look at anything besides the food. Israelis just like complaining.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5073 on: July 22, 2021, 05:06:07 PM »
+1K
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: July 22, 2021, 05:09:03 PM »
+1K
Where is one place that has real issues because of this? The WA imo doesn't have to change a single thing to get a mehuderet Teuda.

Offline Happyguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: July 22, 2021, 05:14:43 PM »

Litov hotel has WiFi though :(

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: July 22, 2021, 05:15:18 PM »
Where is one place that has real issues because of this? The WA imo doesn't have to change a single thing to get a mehuderet Teuda.
What I was told was https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/israel/kashrus-israel-todays-interesting-waldorf-astoria-email-ad-campaign/

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: July 23, 2021, 01:36:30 AM »

Baloney. This is a standard that is particular to the Eida. The other mehadrin hashgachos don't have the same problems. You can find kehilos restaurants in areas where the Eida will never give...

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: July 23, 2021, 02:10:44 AM »
I find that many people who come from Chul, and complain about Kashurus in Israel being complicated are confused by things they never think of in the US (or at least the way it's presented in Israel) combined with their naivete about Israeli salesmanship.

For example, many Mehadrin hechsherim in the US will never give a hechsher on a place that has improperly dressed female wait staff. You just don't think about it.
Even the OU has standards about what hotels it will certify. However no one in the US will advertise that "really all the food comes from the OU, but (because I'm cheap or the hotel doesn't fit OU standards) the hechsher is Rabbi Ploni. We just rely (or don't) on Rabbi Ploni. In Israel advertising this way is standard practice.

In other words in the US, a place has a Hechsher. You then check if you rely on the people involved in that hechsher and their standards.
In Israel, a place has a hechsher, and for advertising purposes state that really the RAW MATERIALS come from a higher standard. At the end of the day it comes down to if you rely on the people involved in the hechsher to be insistent that all raw materials come from the higher standard, and to uphold a mehadrin level of kashrus throughout the preparation and serving of the food.

Online Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: July 23, 2021, 11:19:28 AM »
I find that many people who come from Chul, and complain about Kashurus in Israel being complicated are confused by things they never think of in the US (or at least the way it's presented in Israel) combined with their naivete about Israeli salesmanship.

For example, many Mehadrin hechsherim in the US will never give a hechsher on a place that has improperly dressed female wait staff. You just don't think about it.
Even the OU has standards about what hotels it will certify. However no one in the US will advertise that "really all the food comes from the OU, but (because I'm cheap or the hotel doesn't fit OU standards) the hechsher is Rabbi Ploni. We just rely (or don't) on Rabbi Ploni. In Israel advertising this way is standard practice.

In other words in the US, a place has a Hechsher. You then check if you rely on the people involved in that hechsher and their standards.
In Israel, a place has a hechsher, and for advertising purposes state that really the RAW MATERIALS come from a higher standard. At the end of the day it comes down to if you rely on the people involved in the hechsher to be insistent that all raw materials come from the higher standard, and to uphold a mehadrin level of kashrus throughout the preparation and serving of the food.
It’s quite amusing how you think that you know best and everyone else are a bunch of fools