Topic Wiki

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/88534

Breakfast:
Paying guests get breakfast for free. If you are staying on points you need to be gold or diamond to get free breakfast. (source)

Parking:
Complimentary (No longer, is now 60sh for self park - Drago)

Shuls Nearby:
Great Synagogue - Approx. 7 minute walk
Kotel around 15min walk thru the mall & arab Shuk (Only suggested when soldiers are present like friday night on the way home)
Hotel has a Shul in the basement
Shul across the street

Hechsher: Plain Rabbanut Yerushayim (not mehadrin)
hechsherim in isreal
whatever your rabbi says you can eat, someone else's rabbi says is treif

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast (Hechsher, Early flight, etc') please PM shimino1

If you get free drinks vouchers and don't use them, I'll buy it off you for 10 shek per voucher.
PM shimino1

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast please PM dragoddfer, and he may be able to pay for the breakfast.

« Last edited by Mimo on October 25, 2022, 01:41:54 AM »

Author Topic: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem  (Read 1151142 times)

Offline elya

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem
« Reply #3520 on: August 23, 2017, 12:00:45 PM »
They didn't stop being strict. The guys who manage these stuff are still there and I know they gave someone who used his accounts for a lot of random bookings a hard time last week.
But until 2-3 months ago they gave every points/voucher booking a hard time.

Online gross5g

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: August 23, 2017, 03:29:19 PM »
They didn't stop being strict. The guys who manage these stuff are still there and I know they gave someone who used his accounts for a lot of random bookings a hard time last week.
They only give you a hard time if do points and vouchers for random people if do legit cash stays then according to Hilton themselves  they can't do anything except not give you points.

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #3522 on: August 23, 2017, 03:30:47 PM »
They only give you a hard time if do points and vouchers for random people if do legit cash stays then according to Hilton themselves  they can't do anything except not give you points.
Why wouldnt they give you points on a legit cash stay?

And obviously most are not doing cash stays they are buying points or certificates from others

Online gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: August 23, 2017, 05:05:02 PM »
Because if physically not staying but booking cash stay for someone else the hotel has a right to deny status and points
And selling points/certs is against their terms so they have a right to deny the booking altogether due to "fraud"

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #3524 on: August 23, 2017, 05:06:48 PM »
Because if physically not staying but booking cash stay for someone else the hotel has a right to deny status and points
And selling points/certs is against their terms so they have a right to deny the booking altogether due to "fraud"
thats not a legit cash stay

Online gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: August 23, 2017, 05:12:39 PM »
Hilton allows you to book for other people on cash there for is a legit cash stay and only thing hotel can officially due is not honor status and give points if the ah isn't there , as opposed to a point stay booked for others which they officially don't allow hotel can cancel the reservation all together

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: August 23, 2017, 07:33:05 PM »
Hilton allows you to book for other people on cash there for is a legit cash stay and only thing hotel can officially due is not honor status and give points if the ah isn't there , as opposed to a point stay booked for others which they officially don't allow hotel can cancel the reservation all together

That's totally not true (and I specifically asked).  You can absolutely call and book points or certificates in someone else's name (done it numerous times)...they only time you are at all in a gray area is if you book it under your name and put the person staying as an additional guest in order to try to get them your status benefits.

Offline hide4

• View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: August 23, 2017, 07:37:17 PM »
That's totally not true (and I specifically asked).  You can absolutely call and book points or certificates in someone else's name (done it numerous times)...they only time you are at all in a gray area is if you book it under your name and put the person staying as an additional guest in order to try to get them your status benefits.
Well officially you cannot book in other's name. What they allow may be different than their official T&C's.

Don't know about this case but ime reps know "garnisht" when it comes to certs.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:43:09 PM by hide4 »

Online gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: August 23, 2017, 08:58:21 PM »
I also asked and have the transcript from my chat with them where the rep specificly told me can book only cash stay if I don't plan on showing up, obviously I can book in other people name (adding them as 2nd guest) if also plan on coming
And just bc you've done it numerous times (and so do many Other people or there wouldn't be a thread of selling certs) doesn't mean they allow it just the hotel allowed it but again the hotel if want to doesn't need to honor a point or certificate stay if ah isn't there
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:22:45 PM by gross5g »

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: August 23, 2017, 09:00:15 PM »
Cholent in WAJ is chick peas!

Why don't you try David's Citadel. Rabanut with Glatt meat/chicken as per the mashgiach.

Both meals are buffet. Tons of delicious food. Surprisingly, shabbos day had heimish food like real chulent and gala (among many many other choices)

Yea Im looking into the David Citadel. Any more info on it? Do they give any discounts and how was Friday night?

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: August 23, 2017, 09:18:51 PM »
Source?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Online gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: August 23, 2017, 09:21:04 PM »

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: August 23, 2017, 09:24:56 PM »
See my comment above
Chat? That's not a source.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: August 23, 2017, 09:45:05 PM »
I also asked and have the transcript from my chat with them where the rep specificly told me can book only cash stay if I don't plan on showing up, obviously I can book in other people name (adding them as 2nd guest) if also plan on coming
And just bc you've done it numerous times (and so do many Other people or there wouldn't be a thread of selling certs) doesn't mean they allow it just the hotel allowed it but again the hotel if want to doesn't need to honor a point or certificate stay if ah isn't there

You're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying it's allowed to put a someone as the "additional guest" and you not be there.  I'm saying that you are allowed to put a certificate (or points booking) totally in someone else's name.  You just can't do it online because they are trying to prevent fraud (or that is how it has been explained to me).  Obviously then it doesn't count toward a stay for you and then it goes under the status of whomever's name it is under.  Once it's in their name it's totally legit and after that basically has nothing to do with you, the hotel can't even see whose certificate it is and why would they deny entry to the person actually listed as the primary person on the reservation!? People don't realize that if you call HHonors they are happy to put a registration in whoever's name you want and prefer you do it that way, although obviously people that don't have gold status don't want to do that because they want the free breakfast there...

Offline elya

• View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: August 23, 2017, 11:59:41 PM »
I have had cases where the Check-in agent at the WAJ wouldnt let the guy check-in on a points reservation, even though he was the primary guest, being he  wasnt the AH.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: August 24, 2017, 12:43:01 AM »
I have had cases where the Check-in agent at the WAJ wouldnt let the guy check-in on a points reservation, even though he was the primary guest, being he  wasnt the AH.

Wow, I have to say I'm stunned and if I was that person, I would totally fight that.  If you're the primary person on the reservation that HHonors issued to you, I would think that contractually the hotel has to let you stay there (but maybe you guys are right and the reps are being nice and doing stuff not expressly allowed in the T&Cs).  I also have to say that I don't sell points and I guess the whole "system" is being so abused at this hotel, to the detriment of the business, that maybe HHonors is letting them do what they want to fight it.  I'm probably going to take heat for saying this but I'm personally happy that there aren't going to be tons of Citi certs anymore so that the WAJ may have a small chance now of staying part of the Hilton family. 

I'm not sure how the hotel can see whose original account the booking come from though.  I had a reservation in my name from my husband's certificate that I accidentally deleted the confirmation for and needed to change the date and it wasn't showing as a reservation under either of our accounts, when I called the Diamond Desk and the hotel (after the Diamond Desk asked me to call them directly) they couldn't see it under his account any more because the reservation had been fully transferred to me.  Maybe one of the TA's on here can explain what the hotel sees on their end.

BTW, I can't believe you would book someone at the WAJ, aren't there halachas against feeding other Jews non-kosher food?  Ok seriously I'll stop, I'm TOTALLY just joking and seriously not trying to start ANOTHER kashrut argument in this thread although I was surprised to see your post because of your past kashrut posts.  :P

Online gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: August 24, 2017, 12:57:21 AM »
 I'm not a ta but have done about dozen bookings the past few months s there so I know little about what goes on there
For some reason certificate can be transferred to other names but points are booked directly out of the ah account .
I have also heard people who have pooled the certificates in to one account .
And as for kashrus ask your LoR everyday they tell u something else there depends on the delivery and how honest the mashgiach is
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 01:03:36 AM by gross5g »

Offline yg99

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: August 24, 2017, 02:08:18 PM »
Yea Im looking into the David Citadel. Any more info on it? Do they give any discounts and how was Friday night?

I have no idea about discounts. We were three people and weren't staying in the hotel. I left them my credit card number for drinks etc. After Shabbos I went to check my bill. They told me what I owed and when I said with the expensive bottle of wine are you really going to charge for a few Cokes? After a few minutes they took off the cokes.

The meal Friday nite was like Shabbos day. Tons of food. Multiple choices of hot & cold fish, salads, dips, meats, sides. All very tasty.

My issue was that I came late from the kosel and the food was getting cold. Some of the meats were cold. The soup was as well. We complained about the soup and they brought another pot which was hot.

I would highly recommend it if you come on time. Otherwise go to the Waldorf which is served to you hot.

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: August 24, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »
The meal Friday nite was like Shabbos day. Tons of food. Multiple choices of hot & cold fish, salads, dips, meats, sides. All very tasty.

My issue was that I came late from the kosel and the food was getting cold. Some of the meats were cold. The soup was as well. We complained about the soup and they brought another pot which was hot.
How do you suppose they accomplished that? I would be very careful with this sort of thing where you have Jews who will be machlel Shabbos without blinking an eye so don't give them any reason to do so.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: August 24, 2017, 02:30:34 PM »
How do you suppose they accomplished that? I would be very careful with this sort of thing where you have Jews who will be machlel Shabbos without blinking an eye so don't give them any reason to do so.
It could have been in a warmer