Topic Wiki

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/88534

Breakfast:
Paying guests get breakfast for free. If you are staying on points you need to be gold or diamond to get free breakfast. (source)

Parking:
Complimentary (No longer, is now 60sh for self park - Drago)

Shuls Nearby:
Great Synagogue - Approx. 7 minute walk
Kotel around 15min walk thru the mall & arab Shuk (Only suggested when soldiers are present like friday night on the way home)
Hotel has a Shul in the basement
Shul across the street

Hechsher: Plain Rabbanut Yerushayim (not mehadrin)
hechsherim in isreal
whatever your rabbi says you can eat, someone else's rabbi says is treif

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast (Hechsher, Early flight, etc') please PM shimino1

If you get free drinks vouchers and don't use them, I'll buy it off you for 10 shek per voucher.
PM shimino1

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast please PM dragoddfer, and he may be able to pay for the breakfast.

« Last edited by Mimo on October 25, 2022, 01:41:54 AM »

Author Topic: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem  (Read 1151351 times)

Online Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem
« Reply #5200 on: July 29, 2021, 08:41:35 PM »
I do not think that @PlatinumGuy is lying
I didn’t accuse you of that. You jumped into something I addressed to someone else.

Online gross5g

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: July 30, 2021, 01:42:26 AM »
Never said anyone was lying when they asked but when did he ask and how did he ask , everything in this country is answered on your standard of what you want to know , if ask mehadrin then sure it's mehadrin is it mehadin like rubin eida then you'll get a different answer , also things here change day by day so an answer 3 months ago can be different now .

Sheyan basically went bust after rabbi Weiner and rabbi center busted them a few years ago and they have been trying to sell the business since. That's when they started the kashrus and got involved  Rabbi Weiner put his hechsher on for a few months but had to take it off bc what he saw going on and they couldn't keep to basic standards . When pressed why they don't drop aguda they said bc they were afraid of them (see what they tried doing to tara....)
For example of issues  when asked the masgiach to show the products in kitchen and what's going on he didn't have keys and says he's not allowed  in to ask. When they finally got in they found tons of triangle k products and when asked the aguda said what do you mean in America everyone uses this stuff. And it was stuff that needs hechsher. They weren't checking the rice or greens properly and that's a few examples.

Online gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: July 30, 2021, 01:54:46 AM »
I don't know a single person who goes to take a wok let alone that it existed till I passed by last week on way to tachana

The oilim eats in sushi n bagel (eida) , atza yirmiyahu (rubin) and tov sushi (delivery place with vaad hakashrus rabbi Weiner)

Even sushi rechavia one of them was known to be better but don't know people who still eat there that was rabbanut (not sure if mehadrin)

What is your definition of packed if place has a few seats and therefore looks full?
Define heimishe a guy with a yarmulka that's put together from america and doesn't know what's happening
 Bc he sees other people eating there or it's Israel and has Hebrew letters so must be good?

Neeman bakery on paran is empty of charedi / heimishe oilam all modern Israeli.   people will go to English cake (chasam sofer bnei brak and rabbi Weiner) or nechama opened up with eida

I go by facts on the ground here speaking to people in the biz constantly and who people on other chat groups who know what's going on in Jerusalem .

Offline dandu16

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton gold, Hyatt Platnum, SPG Gold, Skyteam Silver
« Reply #5203 on: July 30, 2021, 02:40:39 AM »
Call rabbi Weiner/ vaad hakashrus as they are the ones who will tell you what place is acceptable according to american standards that's why the kashrus started , to help out the American clientele keep to their standards and in sorry to say it the Waldorf is not in that standard as much as people eat there , again most of it comes from people being naive from when reichman owned it and never doing due diligence now. And now everyone keeps piggy backing in each other eating there w/o asking their own questions.

I’m not going to mention names as I’d need to ask them if I can name them publicly, and i’m too lazy to:)

However,
1. Is a group of 2 men who are Israel’s foremost Charedi program planners. They do all the large events, special dinners and “Big” weddings. They told me what I mentioned, in addition they made a couple of calls on my behalf when I asked to for more details, of which they have come back and corroborated details.

2. Was 2 different local in the know Mashgichim. They both were enthusiastic about the waldorf Hashgacha and the politics surrounding it.
"It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves"

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: July 30, 2021, 05:51:22 AM »
I don't know a single person who goes to take a wok

You're just illustrating how detached your standards are from what many frum bnei torah go by. Be as careful as you want, but stop looking down on those of us who go with the mainstream views.

״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #5205 on: July 30, 2021, 06:11:01 AM »
You're just illustrating how detached your standards are from what many frum bnei torah go by. Be as careful as you want, but stop looking down on those of us who go with the mainstream views.
What main stream views as I said I'm involved in many chats and it never came up maybe your just detached by what is considered frum standards.
Either way as I said eat enjoy and the fact you have to keep defending yourself over and over with same things shows that obviously this is something that you know isn't so pashut and need to make yourself feel better

I never looked down all I've said was ask your local rabbi before going in blindly.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 06:17:31 AM by gross5g »

Online gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: July 30, 2021, 06:12:55 AM »
And frum is relative, there's yeshivish, balabatosh, chassidush heimishe, modern etc .
So be more specific when want to say frum

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: July 30, 2021, 06:15:04 AM »
What main stream views as I said I'm involved in many chats and it never came up maybe your just detached by what is considered frum standards.
Either way as I said eat enjoy and the fact you have to keep defending yourself over and over with same things shows that obviously this is something that you know isn't so pashut and need to make yourself feel better

Your 'many chats' don't constitute mainstream views for a community of more than a million people. Grow up.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: July 30, 2021, 06:37:30 AM »

Your 'many chats' don't constitute mainstream views for a community of more than a million people. Grow up.
Not going to get into a public argument here but feel free to pm me or whatsapp me. we happen to be on many chats together
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 06:43:10 AM by gross5g »

Online Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: July 30, 2021, 08:48:29 AM »

I never looked down all I've said was ask your local rabbi before going in blindly.
He defends himself because you keep attacking him as something lesser then you.

Offline Mordeyj

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: August 01, 2021, 08:34:00 AM »
Is anyone here staying at the Waldorf for shabbos? I asked to come for meals and theybsaid it needs to be booked by someone staying at the hotel.

Offline yfr bachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: August 08, 2021, 07:48:15 PM »
I’m not going to mention names as I’d need to ask them if I can name them publicly, and i’m too lazy to:)

However,
1. Is a group of 2 men who are Israel’s foremost Charedi program planners. They do all the large events, special dinners and “Big” weddings. They told me what I mentioned, in addition they made a couple of calls on my behalf when I asked to for more details, of which they have come back and corroborated details.

2. Was 2 different local in the know Mashgichim. They both were enthusiastic about the waldorf Hashgacha and the politics surrounding it.

Thank you for coming back and revealing what you can about who you asked. I appreciate it.
Are there any additional details that you can share about what they said?

(I'm not sure what it means to be "enthusiastic about ... the politics surrounding it.")
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 08:06:28 PM by yfr bachur »

Online tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #5212 on: August 20, 2021, 02:07:48 AM »
 ???
The high-end hotel is now offering a two-night minimum and a NIS 2,500 ($772) price tag per night, including breakfast, as well as reduced prices on meals

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jerusalem-hotels-bet-on-local-guests-this-sukkot-but-dont-expect-a-bargain/

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: August 20, 2021, 08:27:30 AM »
???
The high-end hotel is now offering a two-night minimum and a NIS 2,500 ($772) price tag per night, including breakfast, as well as reduced prices on meals

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jerusalem-hotels-bet-on-local-guests-this-sukkot-but-dont-expect-a-bargain/
That's for succos. Do you know how much people pay for a tiny apartment in Rechavia or Romema for succos?
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Online tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: August 20, 2021, 08:32:39 AM »
Do you know how much people pay for a tiny apartment in Rechavia or Romema for succos?
When there are no tourist?

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: August 20, 2021, 08:41:20 AM »
When there are no tourist?
It's a chareidi crowd. Many of them will be coming, less than usual but still enough to sustain the regular prices. Idk if you call that tourists or not...
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Online tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: August 20, 2021, 08:42:59 AM »
It's a chareidi crowd. Many of them will be coming, less than usual but still enough to sustain the regular prices. Idk if you call that tourists or not...
I hear you

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: August 24, 2021, 10:00:18 AM »
I doubt the Waldorf will end up being open for Sukkos.

Online tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: August 24, 2021, 10:00:42 AM »
I doubt the Waldorf will end up being open for Sukkos.
Why?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: August 24, 2021, 10:07:40 AM »
Why?

I think Covid regulations will bar it or at least make it unattractive enough.

At todays rate (even if we maintain the rate of decline) I think we are looking at ~50k/cases day by Sukkos, which would Ch"v translate to zero hospital capacity and 100+/day dying from the simplest medical emergencies. I think the gov't will intervene before we reach that point.

Exponential growth is difficult to grasp.