Author Topic: Jos A Bank in store sales  (Read 2780 times)

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Jos A Bank in store sales
« on: March 18, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »
I see a lot of the sales on the website seem to be online only. They sent me a coupon for $30 off any purchase of $30 or more, only on in-store purchases. Do they do any of the major sales in-store too? If I knew they had something like buy 1 get 2 I'd hold off and pick up 3 shirts for $30 off regular price of one, but if it's always $90 a shirt in-store I might as well throw the coupon out.

Offline ZCN

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Jos A Bank in store sales
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 01:51:54 PM »
In my experience the sales in store are at least as good if not better than online. There almost always seems to be a buy 1, get xxx free sale in stores, while online only has occasional sales like that.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 02:32:31 PM »
How do you find out what sales they have in store at any given time? Is there a flyer? Just call the store?

Offline ZCN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 02:39:39 PM »
How do you find out what sales they have in store at any given time? Is there a flyer? Just call the store?

From my experience they will occasionally( 4-5 times a year)  send me a flyer about a upcoming sale in store, so I guess you can always call the store.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 03:04:13 PM »
Call. They generally have no problem telling when things go on sale ime.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 02:08:06 PM »
In my experience the sales in store are at least as good if not better than online. There almost always seems to be a buy 1, get xxx free sale in stores, while online only has occasional sales like that.
they may have in-store sales more often but def nowhere near as good as the online sales

Offline yitzf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 11:31:06 PM »
http://www.dansdeals.com/go/josabank/
Today 50% off any order code: half

Now thru Sunday Mar. 25 online and in store:

Suit or sportcoat
1 for 199
2nd for 149
3rd for 79
mix and match

Offline dans fan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 11:58:27 PM »
http://www.dansdeals.com/go/josabank/
Today 50% off any order code: half

Now thru Sunday Mar. 25 online and in store:

Suit or sportcoat
1 for 199
2nd for 149
3rd for 79
mix and match
thanks for the post. some advice for those that are in no rush they have much better deals than that

Offline ZCN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 01:57:10 AM »
thanks for the post. some advice for those that are in no rush they have much better deals than that

Yup. They haven't had one of their buy 1, get 2 free sales in a little while, my feeling is they will have another one of those within the next week or 2. AFAIK those are the best sales in terms of value.

Offline dac2800

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 08:45:05 AM »
Jos A Bank always has some ridiculous sale on.  Bottom line, 2/3 off suits (when you buy 3) is their standard sale - at least 4 times a month.  A few times a year, they have a sale that works out to just under 80% off, and you only need to buy 2.  One such sale is after Christmas, I can't recall when the other one(s) are.  FWIW, the current suit sale is pretty good - much better if you go for hte higher end suits.

On shirts, for the no-iron dress shirts the best sales work out to ~$22/shirt (you have to buy multiples).  They are harder to find.  More often, you see a sale that works out to ~$30/shirt.

The key things to remember here is that you can always return something with no time limit.  So if you buy suits or shirts at full price (as I did with shirts a few weeks ago), just hold on to the receipt and when a big sale comes along you can get a refund for the price difference.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »
Jos A Bank always has some ridiculous sale on.  Bottom line, 2/3 off suits (when you buy 3) is their standard sale - at least 4 times a month.  A few times a year, they have a sale that works out to just under 80% off, and you only need to buy 2.  One such sale is after Christmas, I can't recall when the other one(s) are.  FWIW, the current suit sale is pretty good - much better if you go for hte higher end suits.

On shirts, for the no-iron dress shirts the best sales work out to ~$22/shirt (you have to buy multiples).  They are harder to find.  More often, you see a sale that works out to ~$30/shirt.

The key things to remember here is that you can always return something with no time limit.  So if you buy suits or shirts at full price (as I did with shirts a few weeks ago), just hold on to the receipt and when a big sale comes along you can get a refund for the price difference.

Hmm... I like that last idea but I'm not sure it would help me. The point is that I'm trying to take advantage of the $30 coupon they sent me which expires at the end of April I think. If I bought 3 shirts now at full price and used the coupon, then went in with my receipt during a buy 1 get 2 sale, wouldn't they just credit the difference between what I actually paid and the price of one shirt?

Offline dac2800

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 09:52:42 PM »
My point is, unless they have a good sale while the coupon is good just skip the coupon and buy something when it's on a big sale.  Or buy it now and use the coupon, in case you forget the come back.  If you do come back, you're no worse off.

Offline dans fan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 10:03:33 PM »
doesnt sound like you can get to much for you coupon now. you can just pick up some shirt stays, socks or some other cheap stuff, why not its free

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 11:46:51 PM »
doesnt sound like you can get to much for you coupon now. you can just pick up some shirt stays, socks or some other cheap stuff, why not its free

Good point, hadn't thought of that. I actually have to go in to return something anyway, so might as well see what I can get without spending much at all.

Offline ZCN

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 01:19:57 AM »
Good point, hadn't thought of that. I actually have to go in to return something anyway, so might as well see what I can get without spending much at all.

I've been in your situation a few times, and what I did was buy a shirt on clearance for about $30, even if they didn't have my size, then came back a different time and exchanged it for the same kind of shirt in my size. It worked for me but YMMV.