Author Topic: BDE/HYD Shooting at Jewish School in France  (Read 9672 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: BDE/HYD Shooting at Jewish School in France
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 09:49:04 AM »
He got off way to easy!!!

It ain't over, now he's going to be judged by the Almighty.

Good no chance of giving him up in a hostage exchange down the line :P

And/or otherwise harming society.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 10:57:12 AM »
Have you ever seen a normal person with stable mental condition kill innocent ppl for no good reason? I mean, when you see someone doing this, of course he have some serious mental problems, thus, every murder is automatically not guilty because he isn't mentally stable.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 11:01:02 AM »
Have you ever seen a normal person with stable mental condition kill innocent ppl for no good reason? I mean, when you see someone doing this, of course he have some serious mental problems, thus, every murder is automatically not guilty because he isn't mentally stable.

::)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 11:06:21 AM »
You might want to change your nic to HelpMeII with talk like that. This is a joke, correct?
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
Being mentally unstable does not get you off of a murder charge
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 11:17:29 AM »
Being mentally unstable does not get you off of a murder charge

Depends what you mean by "get off."
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 01:55:10 PM »
he had 3 "good reasons" as he explained during the standoff...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 02:08:37 PM »
Depends what you mean by "get off."
Not really.

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 02:11:37 PM »
Given your Name and what you just said, I think dan should report your IP address to the authorities.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 02:18:17 PM »
I post from a mobile phone which doesn't have a particular designated IP address.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 02:59:24 PM »
Not really.

Uh, really.

One can be declared mentally incompetent to stand trial, such that one would never see the inside of a courtroom, and one can be found not guilty by reason of insanity, and never see the inside of a cell. Both can be construed as "getting off."

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 03:11:52 PM »
Uh, really.

One can be declared mentally incompetent to stand trial, such that one would never see the inside of a courtroom, and one can be found not guilty by reason of insanity, and never see the inside of a cell. Both can be construed as "getting off."
Incompetence and insanity are very different from mentally imbalanced.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »
Incompetence and insanity are very different from mentally imbalanced.

Is that so? I can't wait to hear why.

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 03:38:24 PM »
Is that so? I can't wait to hear why.
Wow, so confrontational. 

Anyway, if you are following the conversation, I responded to meshugener's post which said that anyone who can commit such an act must be mentally imbalanced, and will therefore get off.  I pointed out that this is not so because in order to be found legally insane, you need to show you have some medical condition that affected your state of mind at the time of the killing.  So it's true you have to be crazy to do something like this, but you don't have to be "insane."  The same is true of incompetence to stand trial.  Just because you're a psychopath, doesn't mean you are incompetent.

So i reaffirm: Insanity and incompetence are different than mentally imbalanced.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 03:43:14 PM »
You do realize that mental instability is often a sin qua non of imcomepetence and/or legal insanity, right?

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 03:53:58 PM »
You do realize that mental instability is often a sin qua non of imcomepetence and/or legal insanity, right?
Sure, you have to have a mental imbalance to be insane, but not every mentally imbalanced person is insane.  But besides, I don't believe meshugener (CCIIW) meant mentally imbalanced to refer to a legal term.  I believe he meant the equivalent of "you have to be crazy." I am pointing out that this does not mean the killer will get off.  Perhaps all killers are crazy, but only a small percentage get off on insanity.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »
Sure, you have to have a mental imbalance to be insane, but not every mentally imbalanced person is [legally] insane.

I agree.

But besides, I don't believe meshugener (CCIIW) meant mentally imbalanced to refer to a legal term.

I disagree,whether or not thats what he meant, it isn't what he wrote:

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
Taking my words more seriously than I really meant. Just said my statement to make a cute point, and you're already discussing it like lawyers preparing for a supreme court argument.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2012, 04:06:10 PM »
Taking my words more seriously than I really meant. Just said my statement to make a cute point, and you're already discussing it like lawyers preparing for a supreme court argument.

Nah, just pointing out how inane the "cute" comment was :P

Offline damaxer91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2012, 10:14:23 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]