Author Topic: Good Coffee Maker  (Read 3982 times)

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Good Coffee Maker
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 12:56:28 AM »
Great. Thanks so much. I think I might choose a Nespresso.
The model I posted? Let me know where you get the best deal for the machine and refills..
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline David B

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 09:19:10 AM »
The model I posted? Let me know where you get the best deal for the machine and refills..

There is a non-Nespresso brand that makes (almost) compatible capsules sold abroad and on Amazon.  One of their varieties is around half the price of the Nespresso ones (search "coffee capsules").  There are also two or three manufacturers of "fill your own" -- also sold on Amazon.

Otherwise, I have not figured out any way to buy the Nespresso capsules for less that the price sold on the Nespresso website.  They don't seem to be sold anywhere else -- lots of places sell the machines, but not the capsules.  Their patent expires soon -- so one of these days we'll see other manufacturers.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 09:20:58 AM »

I think so. I am just starting to search more in detail and  I'll let you know which I end up choosing.
"Not all who wander are lost"