Author Topic: Bummer with Sprint  (Read 1019 times)

Offline montey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Bummer with Sprint
« on: March 20, 2012, 03:00:56 PM »
Tried to call in and give them a hard time about my plan, renewing, etc, got transferred to a manager and basically what they told me is that the price of a new iPhone is the same for an existing customer as it would be for a new customer who walks in off the street! So the renewal credit is effectively worthless. Also, they said they couldn't give me a free month for renewing, as they have offered me in the past. What ever happened to the good old days of haggling on the phone to get the best rate? I assume this is old news for the seasoned negotiators on this site, but where do I go from here?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Bummer with Sprint
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 03:04:21 PM »
What ever happened to the good old days ...

Gone.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
The good old days with Sprint are OVER. You will keep on hitting dead-ends with them. They have restructured their whole system and are a very different company than they used to be 2 years ago.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline montey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 02:02:16 PM »
So, what is the best way to save on a new phone? I saw the threads about killing a Sprint contract but I don't really think we have a better option. Just need better phones.

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 03:01:20 PM »
No carrier gives  a discount on the iPhone pricing ever. (Unless your a huge corporate account). Theyre taking a huge enough loss on subsidy as it is (especially Sprint http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/27/sprint-says-iphone-deal-is-worth-15-5-billion/)