Author Topic: Need urgent advice for planning.  (Read 888 times)

Offline loveddeals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Need urgent advice for planning.
« on: March 18, 2018, 05:40:36 PM »
Hello Experts:

I am posting this message for my sister (after reading this site, I personally would never plan such a short notice trip as deals are generally not there, so with that already out in open), here is the situation:

My nephew (high school student) wants to go on a sprint break vacation out of country. Spring break starts next Friday (March 23rd). My sister is based New York, home airport is EWR (preferred). My nephew is US citizen, and my sister has permanent residency (Green card holder), but with Indian passport. My sister has Schengen visa, but it is Business visa, and is valid till April 04, 2018. They want to be back by March 31st or latest April 01.
They are willing to fly from SFO if I join them :)

So, here are the questions:

1. If they travel to Europe (nephew doesn't need visa as he is US citizen), will it be a issue if my sister is traveling for leisure on business visa? On her recent business trip, she was asked at multiple ports what company she works and if she is traveling for business. We don't want to lie if she goes on leisure trip on this business visa?

2. If no issue with #1, will she be ok if she will be back in US by April 01 (her business visa expires April 04). I know passport has to be valid for 6-months from the date of departure (or something like that), but not sure about visa.

3. Where else can they go that she can get visa quickly, as I am sure she will need visa to go to most places as she has Indian passport (but US Permanent residency).

4. How easy and quick is it to get Japan visa?

TIA.