Author Topic: Removing a Joint from a Chase Credit Card, what's the process?  (Read 1811 times)

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Hi,  my wife had a very little credit file at all credit reports (we have a joint chase checking since 2008 and she’s an AU on 2 chase cards, 1 Citi card and 1 HSBC card but still very little to go ahead with)-
and I wanted her to be able to apply and get approved for the Sapphire Preferred 50k bonus (and possibly for a United too).

So on the advice of a Chase banker about 2 months ago; I have put her as a “Joint” on my own sapphire preferred. They sent us the special form which we both sign and she was successfully added as Joint about 2 months ago.

I spoke to chase Landing Dept on Friday to see if and how she can go ahead and apply for the SP on her own and they said she’ll get turned down since it will show in their system that she already has one (she’s JOINT on my SP as mentioned). So I will have to remove her from joint and then call recon.

Well, today she applied and we got the (annoying...) pending page. I called recon and they said she was turned down for the above mentioned reason and they didn’t even pull her credit (good to know...).

She said that now I would need to call customer service to send us a new package/form that she wants to be removed from being Joint and this will be thoroughly “reviewed” (as they need to evaluate if I can take sole responsibility back on the card..) and I should get a decision by mail within 30 days.

My question, when they “review”, could this by any way harm my credit with them? Basically, it’s never a good idea to have them evaluate my financial abilities (digging into my income, credit lines with other vendors, etc.). but now that people are reporting this scary A/A stuff.. this whole idea makes me nervous..

Does anyone here have experience/knowledge on the real process of removing a Joint? is it indeed a thorough review (as she mentioned)? or no need to worry?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:52:36 PM by 123ablack »

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Removing a Joint from a Chase Credit Card, what's the process?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 04:48:45 PM »
I dont know about anyone else but when i saw removing a joint i was kinda thinkin about something else ;)

Offline 123ablack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 04:50:37 PM »
I dont know about anyone else but when i saw removing a joint i was kinda thinkin about something else ;)

LOL ++++  :P

perhaps it is a good idea to open a new thread for "Organ Donors"...... :-* ;D :P

Offline 123ablack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 04:51:51 PM »
Btw, that's how they call it ;)

Offline mileshocker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 04:54:58 PM »
ask chase to send the application to remove you from her acct and call recon a week later and have them pull your credit.
I did it and got the application approved

Offline 123ablack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 05:02:08 PM »
ask chase to send the application to remove you from her acct and call recon a week later and have them pull your credit.
I did it and got the application approved

Genius idea Sir!
I wanna avoid a pull though (I have too many recent.)

So I will weigh my options here

Thanks a lot!