Topic Wiki

Partner         Transfer Time      Names Need to Match?

Flying Blue          Instant

Virgin Atlantic      Instant

Etihad                 Instant (ymmv)

Hilton Honers      Instant

Jetblue                Instant
« Last edited by Yaalili on April 27, 2017, 07:50:11 PM »

Author Topic: A New Era For Citi Thank You Points  (Read 448770 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: A New Era For Citi Thank You Points
« Reply #320 on: August 14, 2012, 12:12:26 AM »
iirc he was fired
Man, you and meshugener :P

Dan, a while back a rep from Citibank rewards left a comment on your site. Assuming he was legit, would you consider asking him (or her) about the TYP fiasco?

Clearly, they were going to open up partner transfer options, but something happened...
He was legit (IPs don't lie),  confirmed the plans and even alluded to an additional partner, but nothing materialized.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #321 on: August 14, 2012, 01:39:45 AM »

meshugener roughly means a nutcase and I'll say no more other than I should've taken than for a hint before burning myself on this thread.
If you hate me, boot me. If not, forgive me.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 14, 2012, 01:41:14 AM »
If you hate me, boot me. If not, forgive me.
I vote Dan should forgive Meshugener, he didn't do such a bad thing, the reps were saying what he was saying.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #323 on: August 14, 2012, 01:43:43 AM »
I vote Dan should forgive Meshugener, he didn't do such a bad thing, the reps were saying what he was saying.
Then you have no clue what I'm referring to.
It's not the OP that I blame him for.  It's the other infamous post in this thread that did irreparable harm to DD/DDF and one that I don't recall seeing any sort of public apology for.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:48:02 AM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 14, 2012, 01:43:55 AM »
+1
I dont know what everyone has against meshugener.
Wheres the ahavas yisroel here?

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #325 on: August 14, 2012, 01:50:39 AM »
I'll explain what Dan means:
I wrote on the forum the step-by-step guide how to transfer TY points from Citi to BA, exctly as I got it from a Citi rep. Dan saw my post while boarding a flight and didn't have time to verify it, but he decided to post it on the main forum.
Now, eventually, it turned out that the guide I got from the rep wasn't available to use on Citi's website (it was a premature leak just as the transfer rumor itself) and people were asking on the comment section what's going on here, and a lady on FT mocked fun of Dan's flop, it was a real embarrassing situation.
I asked Dan forgiveness numerous times (even though I believe I did nothing wrong) but still....
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:57:41 AM by meshugener »

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 14, 2012, 01:59:14 AM »
@Lamdan
@Aryeh1
I guess you missed this post.

I really don't want to rehash, but you have a revisionist history not just of Palestinians but of this as well.

You wrote it was live on their site and posted the steps making seem as if you had done it, I saw your post while on the plane just 2 minutes before the doors closing on a red-eye and ran with it.  I typically never post anything I don't verify myself but you posted it so convincingly with step-by-step directions that I relied on you, which made me look like a fool when you casually announce the next day that you don't even own a Citi TY card and the whole thing was from a rep and not your own implied experience.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2012, 01:59:33 AM »
Then you have no clue what I'm referring to.
It's not the OP that I blame him for.  It's the other infamous post in this thread that did irreparable harm to DD/DDF and one that I don't recall seeing any sort of public apology for.
I forgot about that. Meshugener, you were a little misleading, why don't you apolgoze.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2012, 02:03:16 AM »
@saver2000
What did you add to my post?
@lamdan
I apologized more than you would you imagine.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2012, 02:05:56 AM »
I asked Dan forgiveness numerous times (even though I believe I did nothing wrong) but still....
See, the asking comes with this caveat every single time and until you realize what you did wrong there's no point in forgiveness IMHO.  How can I forgive what you don't acknowledge was wrong?

And how will you learn in the future not to post misleading things that you don't know for a fact and yet state as a fact?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 14, 2012, 02:07:30 AM »
@saver2000
The other side of the story.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 14, 2012, 02:10:08 AM »
@saver2000
@lamdan
I apologized more than you would you imagine.

I really don't want to rehash, but you have a revisionist history not just of Palestinians but of this as well.

You wrote it was live on their site and posted the steps making seem as if you had done it, I saw your post while on the plane just 2 minutes before the doors closing on a red-eye and ran with it.  I typically never post anything I don't verify myself but you posted it so convincingly with step-by-step directions that I relied on you, which made me look like a fool when you casually announce the next day that you don't even own a Citi TY card and the whole thing was from a rep and not your own implied experience.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 14, 2012, 02:21:04 AM »
When a rep gives me a step by step guide how to do it on the website, implying its live and ready to use, and then I post what he told me, I don't feel I did anything wrong with that.
But I felt and I feel very very bad for you and the entire DDF community, I asked and ask forgiveness, I didn't and don't mean anything bad, you know that.

Again: I feel very sorry and  for the damage that I caused, and I ask you again to, please, forgive me and let's turn to a new page!

But one request: please, if you don't forgive me, throw me out, don't have me here to wake up every 2 months to chew over and over this debacle again and again.
"if you hate me, boot me. If not, forgive me".

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 14, 2012, 02:23:38 AM »
I don't feel I did anything wrong with that.
I'm speaking for myself here, but when someone comes over to me who I feel has wronged me and asks to forgive them but that they still don't feel that they did anything wrong I have a hard time forgiving them.

Am I alone in feeling like this?

BINGO!!! Its already in effect! You can now actually transfer Citi Thank You points into BA or Singapore! Just log in into your account and select Rewards > Thank You Points Exchange > Exchange Now, then select the airline you wish to transfer, either British Airways or Singapore Airlines, enter your FF account number and the amount of points you wish to transfer and you're all set! Long Live DansDeals!
All you had to say was that this was info given by a rep.
Can you really not see how this post is written as if you went through the steps yourself and typed it up?
Don't you know that at DDF we never rely on phone reps?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:26:42 AM by Dan »

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 14, 2012, 02:24:07 AM »
When a rep gives me a step by step guide how to do it on the website, implying its live and ready to use, and then I post what he told me, I don't feel I did anything wrong with that.
But I felt and I feel very very bad for you and the entire DDF community, I asked and ask forgiveness, I didn't and don't mean anything bad, you know that.

Again: I feel very sorry and  for the damage that I caused, and I ask you again to, please, forgive me and let's turn to a new page!

But one request: please, if you don't forgive me, throw me out, don't have me here to wake up every 2 months to chew over and over this debacle again and again.
"if you hate me, boot me. If not, forgive me".
Hate is a strong word. I don't think Dan hates you.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 14, 2012, 02:25:54 AM »
@meshugener, are you married? When you apologize, you validate the other persons feelings, whether you agree with it or not.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 14, 2012, 02:27:11 AM »
I wronged you???
The rep wronged me and you.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 14, 2012, 02:28:00 AM »
I wronged you???
Yes, my reputation and this site's reputation due to that misleading post.
Reps always make stuff up, hence the acronyms we have to never ever believe them.

But I've never been duped like that by a DDF member before.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 14, 2012, 02:28:46 AM »
I wronged you???
The rep wronged me and you.
Whether you feel that way is irrelevant when you're apologizing.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 14, 2012, 02:35:46 AM »
I apologize when I feel sorry, but I can in no way feel wrong when I simply don't feel it. (Assuming you don't want me to just fake and lie that I feel wrong just to be forgiven)