Topic Wiki

Partner         Transfer Time      Names Need to Match?

Flying Blue          Instant

Virgin Atlantic      Instant

Etihad                 Instant (ymmv)

Hilton Honers      Instant

Jetblue                Instant
« Last edited by Yaalili on April 27, 2017, 07:50:11 PM »

Author Topic: A New Era For Citi Thank You Points  (Read 448759 times)

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: A New Era For Citi Thank You Points
« Reply #340 on: August 14, 2012, 02:42:32 AM »
@mesh - whatever you do please don’t leave. You are my Mississippi.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 14, 2012, 02:46:27 AM »
I have also been told by a rep that it was going to happen, and later, that it was delayed by a month, it was obviously supposed to happen, but they changed their mind.
Meshugener wanted to contribute to the site, the rep ran through the instructions step by step, which might mean it was there just not yet live. Meshug did not have an account to check it first hand, is it in the rules that one may not post a good deal if it was not tested directly by him? I believe that not, Because that is exactly what Dan did do, because he was rushing to a flight.
Yes meshug, you did make it sound like you did test it yourself, and thats where all went wrong. For that apologise, and lets have forgiveness and start a new page. DD has a great reputation out there. 

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 14, 2012, 03:24:04 AM »
Some of us asked many times where this info was coming from and the question was avoided. To me I was more interested in the source of the info than the info itself. Why would someone without a TYP account call them up and ask about transferring points to another airline?   

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 14, 2012, 03:54:26 AM »
Some of us asked many times where this info was coming from and the question was avoided. To me I was more interested in the source of the info than the info itself. Why would someone without a TYP account call them up and ask about transferring points to another airline?
I can think of many reason, one, someone interested in applying, and whats to discuss with them all the benefits. But whats the difference why he called? Think he made it up?

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 14, 2012, 04:53:58 AM »
I can think of many reason, one, someone interested in applying, and whats to discuss with them all the benefits. But whats the difference why he called? Think he made it up?

Reread HelpMes post. 

If you look through this thread you will see that HelpMe asked many times where this info was coming from.

Had meshug not avoided that question, there wouldn't be any upset people now.

Offline Q274

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: barely
« Reply #345 on: August 14, 2012, 10:36:19 AM »
@meshugman: NO ONE is asking you to apologize for believing a phone rep (although imho u do need to ask for forgiveness for that) what is being asked of you is to apologize for the fact that you gave over the info in a way that sounded like YOU figured out yourself (which is WRONG 100% even if done by accident)

Aplogizing isn't only for when u did something wrong on purpose, it is even if it was by accident, you did something (even if u think you were right) that caused a massive issue, that warants an apology PERIOD!!

I never understood why it was so freakin difficult for people to apologize without saying things like "I'm sorry, BUT bla bla bla"

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #346 on: August 14, 2012, 10:41:31 AM »
I'm not sure how I come out on this "issue," but one thing I can unequivocally say:

Apologies burdened with excuses are simply excuses masquerading as apologies.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #347 on: August 14, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »
I apologize when I feel sorry, but I can in no way feel wrong when I simply don't feel it. (Assuming you don't want me to just fake and lie that I feel wrong just to be forgiven)
You still never answered why you posted as if you had done it yourself and did not mention one time that a phone rep. told it to you. SHAME ON YOU MESHUGENER! such gayva!
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 14, 2012, 11:47:26 AM »
Honestly  Meshugener, if you can't apologize like a mentch about this, and not understand why Dan feels you wronged him, you might end up in marriage therapy one day. Fix up your attitude brother, a little anavah and empathy. When because of you, someone loses their golden reputation, and that person's (Dan) livelihood is dependent on his golden reputation, you should be midakdek on yourself kechut hasaarah, and apologize w/o mentioning why your not really wrong, it's the right thing to do, and it's what stable healthy people do all the time. Sorry for being so harsh.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:54:30 PM by Lamdan »
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #349 on: August 14, 2012, 12:05:43 PM »
@"Lamdan" --

Your audacity is appalling. If he doesn't apologize he'll "end up in marriage therapy one day?" Who do you think you are? A self-appointed virtual Dr. Phil of the internet?

Your comment above belies absolutely your chosen moniker.

"Sorry for being so harsh." ::)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:09:37 PM by AJK »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 14, 2012, 12:25:16 PM »
@mesh – How about you just come clean where you originally found this info. Please don’t claim it was a phone rep because it is easy to tell from your posts that came later.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 14, 2012, 12:33:47 PM »
@"Lamdan" --

Your audacity is appalling. If he doesn't apologize he'll "end up in marriage therapy one day?" Who do you think you are? A self-appointed virtual Dr. Phil of the internet?

Your comment above belies absolutely your chosen moniker.

"Sorry for being so harsh." ::)
I stand by what I said. I firmly believe that if s/o can't apologize to s/o who he embarrassed publicly, and hurt his reputation which is his livelihood, he's seriously lacking in interpersonal skills, and can't have a stable marriage. I firmly stand by my above comment. Also, Meshugener's whole "forgive me or throw me out" attitude contributed to that assessment. Also, his transalation of Dan's pissed offness as hate contributed to the assessment. Also, his leaving and returning to the forums contributed too. Am I a Dr.? - no, I'm writing my feelings. Meshugener may have a great marriage, who knows. I'm pointing out that his whole approach to this whole situation, is unhealthy, and immature, and he better fix it up, because one can't go thru life with such flaws. P.S. I'm not trying to rip Meshugener, I have nothing against him, I actually like him - as can be shown by the fact that originally I was lobbying for Dan to forgive him, I am giving him harsh rebuke, because I believe when one person points out bluntly to another his flaws, the other person can grow from it. I know I've grown from harsh blunt rebuke.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:44:14 PM by Lamdan »

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 14, 2012, 12:53:33 PM »
@mesh – How about you just come clean where you originally found this info. Please don’t claim it was a phone rep because it is easy to tell from your posts that came later.
as I asked already above, whats your business where he knew it from? He obviously knew it from somewhere, and it makes no difference from where. Sounds like you just want to find out some juicy blogs and forums.
@Lamdan, your post above is indeed disgusting. Please remove, we are not looking to personally offend people here. (besides, what do you know about marriage.)
There is some machlokes between two people, no need for you to make things worse.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 14, 2012, 12:57:48 PM »

@Lamdan, your post above is indeed disgusting. Please remove, we are not looking to personally offend people here. (besides, what do you know about marriage.)
There is some machlokes between two people, no need for you to make things worse.
see my above reply to AJK. I don't think it is "disgusting"  or an "audacity". I edited the original post to say " might end up in therapy".

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 14, 2012, 01:04:42 PM »
see my above reply to AJK. I don't think it is "disgusting"  or an "audacity". I edited the original post to say " might end up in therapy".
well if you dont think so, than I also hope you might not end up in therapy one day.

Offline aryeh1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 14, 2012, 01:06:02 PM »
Please can we not discuss the past anymore lets forgive and forget and new topic
Meshugener will next time say that he got it from a rep , if he did

Anyone know what the best way to redeem thank you points are?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #356 on: August 14, 2012, 01:10:23 PM »
Anyone know what the best way to redeem thank you points are?
Wrong thread.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 14, 2012, 01:18:24 PM »

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 14, 2012, 01:20:12 PM »
well if you dont think so, than I also hope you might not end up in therapy one day.
Hey, maybe I'll meet meshugener in the waiting room ;) Or you :P

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 14, 2012, 01:29:15 PM »
as I asked already above, whats your business where he knew it from? He obviously knew it from somewhere, and it makes no difference from where. Sounds like you just want to find out some juicy blogs and forums.
There is more to this then you will ever know. I could care less about any blogs or forums. What I do care about is if someone gave him this info in confidence and he then violated that same confidence.