Author Topic: continental chase checking  (Read 107796 times)

Offline bands

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: continental chase checking
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2010, 10:56:52 PM »
I've had my chase checking account open for less than 1 month and I see a continental annual fee of $25 posted.  Any insight on this?  has anyone else been charged this fee?

Offline Cholentfresser

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2010, 11:59:05 PM »
its been made very clear that the chase continental debit card has an anual fee of $25
In order to understand recursion, you first need to understand recursion.

Offline bands

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2010, 09:28:58 AM »
isn't it free with 5 debit transactions?

Offline Cholentfresser

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2010, 10:20:20 AM »
there's the checking account and there's the debit card. in order to get the checking account free, u need to either keep a balance of $1500 or more, or make 5 debit transactions per month.
then there's the debit card. the debit card has an anual fee of $25 (which is what u see in your account). if you'd like to back out of this, call chase and say u didn't know and u want to downgrade to a regular chase debit card which has no fee. but I still think its worth it to pay $25 for 25000 miles.
In order to understand recursion, you first need to understand recursion.

Offline bands

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2010, 01:27:38 PM »
you only get the 25000 miles if you pay the $25 fee?  and you still need the 5 debit transactions?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2010, 01:30:48 PM »
there's the checking account and there's the debit card. in order to get the checking account free, u need to either keep a balance of $1500 or more, or make 5 debit transactions per month.
then there's the debit card. the debit card has an anual fee of $25 (which is what u see in your account). if you'd like to back out of this, call chase and say u didn't know and u want to downgrade to a regular chase debit card which has no fee. but I still think its worth it to pay $25 for 25000 miles.

isnt it a min of $15,000 in all accts combined? which acct can it be only $1500 if that in fact is the correct amount.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2010, 01:51:53 PM »
isnt it a min of $15,000 in all accts combined? which acct can it be only $1500 if that in fact is the correct amount.

Chase Better Banking Checking is $1,500 to waive the fee.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2010, 02:00:13 PM »
Chase Better Banking Checking is $1,500 to waive the fee.

thanks good thing to keep in mind when I open my '10 acct after closing my '09, but as long as I can do those small gas purchases , no reason to tie up the 1500.

Offline Monsey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2010, 02:18:16 PM »
you only get the 25000 miles if you pay the $25 fee?  and you still need the 5 debit transactions?
If you get the regular debit card you will only get 10000 miles. Yes you still need to do the 5 tranactions to get the miles and to save yourself a monthly service fee you can also do the 5 transactions.

Offline bands

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2010, 02:40:37 PM »
so for the 25$ annual fee, I get the 25,000 miles instead of the regular debit where I would only receive 10,000 miles?  Either way I need to do the 5 transactions (to save the additional $25 for the debit card).  Do i understand this correctly?

Offline Monsey

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2010, 02:57:25 PM »
so for the 25$ annual fee, I get the 25,000 miles instead of the regular debit where I would only receive 10,000 miles?  Either way I need to do the 5 transactions (to save the additional $25 for the debit card).  Do i understand this correctly?
Yes the continental debit gets you the 25000 miles. No you need to first do 5 transactions in order to get the miles. In addition there is a $6 a month service fee which is waived with 5 transactions each month and this is independet of the miles. In other words you will get the miles as long as you make 5 transactions the first month and if you want to save yourself $6 then make 5 transactions each month after that.

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2010, 01:51:25 AM »

then you upgrade online for $25 and get 2500 miles, then downgrade, then upgrade.... a penny a piece.

and dunno about everyone, but i got once something in the mail like this https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/smallbusiness/business_banking/page/mp_premier_checking and so for my 2010 chase account i got the premier, no fee yet - 2 months. i think maybe i'll actually USE this account.

also, the paypal thing is still working for me to waive the fee as of a few months ago btw - ill make sure one of these days. i dont close any of my accounts, they still didnt change my freedom card, so im being cautious. im going for number 6 and 7 before the promo's over

Offline Monsey

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2010, 01:59:47 AM »
then you upgrade online for $25 and get 2500 miles, then downgrade, then upgrade.... a penny a piece.

and dunno about everyone, but i got once something in the mail like this https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/smallbusiness/business_banking/page/mp_premier_checking and so for my 2010 chase account i got the premier, no fee yet - 2 months. i think maybe i'll actually USE this account.

also, the paypal thing is still working for me to waive the fee as of a few months ago btw - ill make sure one of these days. i dont close any of my accounts, they still didnt change my freedom card, so im being cautious. im going for number 6 and 7 before the promo's over
You are going on your 6th checking account with this promo? If i downgrade my card to a regular one then upgrade it back to the co card ill get 2500 miles do i understand you correctly?

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2010, 02:54:11 AM »
yep. i've done it a bunch of times, not as much as i could have. only on personal accounts b/c bus. is $65 not $25. you downgrade on the phone, upgrade online. i even got the fee waived a few times b/c they already charged for the year.

"i mean, i downgraded cause i thought they would refund the fee but they didn't, so i upgraded again, but now they just charged me again! just downgrade it please and waive the fees."

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »
yep. i've done it a bunch of times, not as much as i could have. only on personal accounts b/c bus. is $65 not $25. you downgrade on the phone, upgrade online. i even got the fee waived a few times b/c they already charged for the year.

"i mean, i downgraded cause i thought they would refund the fee but they didn't, so i upgraded again, but now they just charged me again! just downgrade it please and waive the fees."

Can you elaborate on this? You have the chase personal checking account...and you are upgrading and downgrading what?

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2010, 12:27:46 PM »
chase personal checking. any account. under the customer center tab online theres an option upgrade debit card. when you upgrade your debit card to the continental one they give you 2500 miles and they charge you another annual fee. you can downgrade the card over the phone to a regular debit card at any time, such as after the 2500 post and your ready to upgrade again. dont try to get the fees waived, its anyway worth it, and it anyway sounds a bit weird asking them to downgrade you for no reason. (but if you do want the miles for free, just call after a year and tell them "look how many times they charged me the same annual fee!")

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »
chase personal checking. any account. under the customer center tab online theres an option upgrade debit card. when you upgrade your debit card to the continental one they give you 2500 miles and they charge you another annual fee. you can downgrade the card over the phone to a regular debit card at any time, such as after the 2500 post and your ready to upgrade again. dont try to get the fees waived, its anyway worth it, and it anyway sounds a bit weird asking them to downgrade you for no reason. (but if you do want the miles for free, just call after a year and tell them "look how many times they charged me the same annual fee!")

Sounds like a lot of work to pay a penny a piece for CO miles

Offline Jay the PRESIDENT

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »
after going back and forth with citi and chase i got nothing!!!
chase manager basically admitted that they were wrong for submitting as a cash advance (after citi denied it as a purchase)  but said he "cant just credit my account" ...
this is so messed up--im actually 100% right and cant get any where!!

any suggestions???

thanx

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2010, 10:07:51 PM »
after going back and forth with citi and chase i got nothing!!!
chase manager basically admitted that they were wrong for submitting as a cash advance (after citi denied it as a purchase)  but said he "cant just credit my account" ...
this is so messed up--im actually 100% right and cant get any where!!

any suggestions???

thanx

Not unless you dont mind Messing up your Credit

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2010, 10:40:37 PM »
Where does it say on the website that it wont go as a cash advance? im having the same problem with my Citi MC...