Author Topic: continental chase checking  (Read 107333 times)

Offline jmail

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: continental chase checking
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2010, 12:28:12 PM »
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already, but I had a consumer account opened last month and got my miles. Now I opened the business account, but did not have my onepass number on me. My understanding is that they will give me a new onepass number for the business account unless I call up and have them link the business account to my current one pass number. Two questions:

1. Should I give them my one pass number so the points can be credited to my account or will they see that I got the bonus for the consumer offer and not give me the additional points? The coupon says that "Attempts to earn multiple premiums may be voided by Chase, at its discretion."

2. If I dont give them the onepass number and they issue a a new one can I then combine those two numbers ? According to the onepass T&C you can only have one onepass per person and points can't be transferred among accounts.

What are your suggestions based on experience? Thanks!!!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2010, 12:10:35 AM »
You opened the business account online? In the past it didn't accept the coupon for the business account online?

Even if they open a new CO account for you you're able to combine CO accounts with the same name on them.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jmail

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2010, 11:22:42 AM »
I opened the business account in the branch, but didn't have my onepass number on me.

Offline azhoopsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2010, 07:31:44 PM »
Deal is extended until 6/30/10. 

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2010, 02:06:04 AM »
Deal is extended until 6/30/10. 
I'm surprised because when I opened my account my banker said they couldn't wait till the promo ended ......

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2010, 07:58:42 AM »
I'm surprised because when I opened my account my banker said they couldn't wait till the promo ended ......

Why is that?

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2010, 08:48:45 AM »
Does chase do a hard pull on you r credit before opening a checking account?

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2010, 01:22:40 PM »
Why is that?
No clue! he just said that the regional manager came in and said that if he knew about this before it started he would not have wanted it...

Offline azhoopsfan

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2010, 02:11:31 PM »
No clue! he just said that the regional manager came in and said that if he knew about this before it started he would not have wanted it...

I'm surprised too.  I signed up and referred about 10 people to the banker who helped me.  She loved the referrals and was very thankful. 

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2010, 02:54:35 PM »
it seems that the business account also needs 5 transactions to avoid a fee starting april 1

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2010, 05:50:40 PM »

Knew about it before? The regional manager thinks he decides which national chase promotions get through? I don't think banks can opt-out of these types of promotions as they are not franchised.

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2010, 02:30:31 AM »
Knew about it before? The regional manager thinks he decides which national chase promotions get through? I don't think banks can opt-out of these types of promotions as they are not franchised.
Makes sense! I get the feeling that the banker was trying to "smooth talk" me into thinking that i was getting such an exclusive deal that it even made the managers cringe
I really dont know why else he would have said that
anyhow i opened the acciunrts and im so excited! Now i just  have to work on not forgetting about those 5 debits...

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
 I found out if You try and use 5 purchases at a gas station that isnt in the same Zip code as your DC is registered as it wont allow you to do more then 1 purchase. Had no problem with a station in the same zip, when I tried to do it 10 mins away in another Zip with another DC it wouldnt let me get gas more then 1 time. Back into my zip area and no problem, never had that problem in a supermaket anywhere just with the gas and different times with 2 different DCs in 2 different names

OK this happened in both NY and CA

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2010, 12:03:19 AM »
It depends on the gas station, every one has their own policies.
Sams Club is very lenient.
BP has been very good also.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2010, 06:15:33 AM »
It depends on the gas station, every one has their own policies.
Sams Club is very lenient.
BP has been very good also.

I only ran into the problem when out of my zip code, in it never had that problem. ran into it a couple of times with a few different types of gas stations.

Could be with Sams that it goes thru as Sams and doesnt know you are buying gas. with the CCs that give a bonus for gas stations if you buy a newspaper it goes thru as gas since all that is picked up that the vendor is a gas station. Ive used BP in my zip w/o a problem will try with 1 outside my zip. Mobil and Shell out of zip no-go. Havent tried them within my zip. Gulf in Zip no problem had a problem outside my zip. this was in NYC had a problem last month out in CA, no matter where 1 time only, out of zip

Offline md

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2010, 06:22:22 AM »
Mobil outside my zip only let's it 1 time

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2010, 07:00:21 AM »
Are you guys really that cheap? You don't buy anything else besides Gas? Or are starpoints just that precious?  ;)

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2010, 09:04:47 AM »
Are you guys really that cheap? You don't buy anything else besides Gas? Or are starpoints just that precious?  ;)

I only keep a min amount in my Chase chking as once the 6th month passes the acct is gonna be Closed. So theres ahassle of having to keep making deposits remember its a DC and NOT CC so the $ are deducted when the purchase is made

Then at least with the personal acct and the reg CO DC, its 1 mile for every $2, so the least I use it for the more miles or pts can be earned elsewhere, why is wanting to earn as many miles or pts considered being cheap??

gas is good since your pump it yourself and no hassles or being told $10 min. Also if there were things in a supermkt for say .25 Id use it there as well as long as there was a self checkout lane.

With  gas stations I can get all 5 transactions done in say 5 min anywhere else it will take alot longer and the cashiers wont be too happy or accomadating

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2010, 09:11:27 AM »
I didn't realize you do it every month, I thought you were talking about the initial 5 purchases. I simply link the account to my Chase Savings/Checking which has more than 5k in it to avoid the fee. If you don't use Chase as your main bank then I understand...

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2010, 09:42:44 AM »
WARNING:

I just checked my AA Citi card which I used to fund my 2010 Chase account and the $500 initial deposit posted as a Cash Advance!! Chase said they are looking into it and Citi said all I can do is argue the charge. Anyone have this happen.
This is bizarre because I used the same card last time and it posted as a purchase.