Author Topic: continental chase checking  (Read 107680 times)

Offline Traveler

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: continental chase checking
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2010, 01:19:12 PM »
I just got my second 25k co for my new checking account i opened one last year and was afraid it would not work again. It took 5 months for it to come though

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2010, 08:16:41 PM »
There may be an issue with the debit card giving CO miles. Look at this FT thread. If anyone encounters anything similar, please post.

Well I got my new Debit card today in the mail from the acct I opened last Tues. And I can Confirm its the exact same Blue card Ive gotten every time in the past when I opened a Chase personal acct. And when I called to activate it it kept calling it 'The Chase Continental Debit Card'

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2010, 01:06:43 AM »
Well I got my new Debit card today in the mail from the acct I opened last Tues. And I can Confirm its the exact same Blue card Ive gotten every time in the past when I opened a Chase personal acct. And when I called to activate it it kept calling it 'The Chase Continental Debit Card'
Good to hear.

Offline Yosel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2010, 10:05:12 AM »
Offer valid through June 30, 2010. To qualify for the reward you must open a new Chase CheckingSM account with a $100 minimum opening deposit of new money (money not currently held by Chase or its affiliates).
You may see here https://apply.chase.com/oao/DisclosureRetriever.aspx?DI=aHR0cDovL2FwcGNvbnRlbnQuYmFua29uZS5uZXQvUlNJL0RlcG9zaXQvUEVSU19OSl9OWURTX0FCU0ZfRU5HX1YxOC5mZGY= that the regular Chase checking does not have that option.
I personally use direct deposit from a different account every month.
How do you set up direct deposit from one account to another?

Offline bades

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2010, 12:51:11 PM »
i have the chase accounts, and the banker screwed up and i didnt get the appropriate points does anyone have any ideas on how to get the miles im owed?

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2010, 04:45:07 PM »
They charged me $65 each and i see they switched it on the website.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »
They charged me $65 each and i see they switched it on the website.

dont know what you meant when you said "each", but The biz acct can it seems only get the Perferred Card thats $65, the personal acct can get either the Perferred @ $65 or the reg @ $25. They do try and push the $65 even for the Personal by simply not mentioning the $25 to You, but when the guy who opened my acct mentioned he will order the Perferred I said why? He said no choice, I then took the printout and showed him where it had both types as being offered and he said OK and ordered me the reg @ $25.

Now my acct hasnt been charged yet for it but I will be watching to make sure only $25 is taken and the DC is a Blue 1 w/o anything mention of Perferred on it

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2010, 12:18:58 PM »
My 25k just posted, and I called to downgrade my card to a free debit card. The rep said no problem and credited me back the $25 fee. I called back again for my wifes account, and the rep said if I downgrade, she will cancel my card, and take away the points. She claimed that the $25 fee is to help fund the rewards program. I said i'll leave it as is for now. I will call again to get a different rep, but just wanted to make sure from the crowd here:
Will downgrading the card to a free card really take away my points that were already put into my Continental account?
I just confirmed with a Chase rep, if you close the CO card before the fee posts, they will remove the 2500 miles that they contributed. If you wait until the $25 fee is charged, and then call up and downgrade your card to a free debit card, they will refund the $25 (if they refuse hang up and call back) and you will keep all the miles.

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #248 on: June 28, 2010, 01:59:40 PM »
I just confirmed with a Chase rep, if you close the CO card before the fee posts, they will remove the 2500 miles that they contributed. If you wait until the $25 fee is charged, and then call up and downgrade your card to a free debit card, they will refund the $25 (if they refuse hang up and call back) and you will keep all the miles.

Nice, I'll try that.

Offline danR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2010, 04:30:43 PM »
Not sure if this was posted.

I just spoke with Chase regarding this deal.

#1 - they changed this promo so you can only get this bonus 1 time, if you cancel your account you can not open a new one and get the bonus.

#2 - you need 5 qualifying purchases to get the bonus, they said qualifying purchase will be where you earn 1 mile, if you have the $25 card this means you have to spend $2 x5 a month. Not $.01 x5.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #250 on: June 28, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »

#1 - they changed this promo so you can only get this bonus 1 time, if you cancel your account you can not open a new one and get the bonus.

#2 - you need 5 qualifying purchases to get the bonus, they said qualifying purchase will be where you earn 1 mile, if you have the $25 card this means you have to spend $2 x5 a month. Not $.01 x5.

#1 doesn't seem to agree with the terms that clearly say you can earn once per year as long as you don't have a current account.  If you opened last year I don't see why you can't close and open a new one.
#2 is correct, you need to spend $2, all in 1 month, in order to trigger a mile.  And that needs to be done within 60 days of opening the account.  The rest of time 5 purchases of .01 are fine.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline MES

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 28, 2010, 05:21:25 PM »
Just applied. They didn't give me chance to put in a continental ff#, and I don't happen to have one. Should I go make myself one, or will they generate one for me?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2010, 05:24:14 PM »
Just applied. They didn't give me chance to put in a continental ff#, and I don't happen to have one. Should I go make myself one, or will they generate one for me?

If they dont find one at your address, they will generate a new one for you

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #253 on: June 28, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »

Most of these issues are posted here:
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/8089
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2010, 08:32:12 PM »
They do try and push the $65 even for the Personal by simply not mentioning the $25 to You, but when the guy who opened my acct mentioned he will order the Perferred I said why? He said no choice, I then took the printout and showed him where it had both types as being offered and he said OK and ordered me the reg @ $25.

Same thing happened to me today. The rep said I had to get the Platinum [sic] card at $65. I told her I can get the one for 25 too and she said no. Then I showed her the the terms and she said OK.

She also told me I won't get the miles for the Biz account because I already have one open from last year. I asked her if a lot of people come in with these coupons and she said just once in a while (in CH).

Offline Monsey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 30, 2010, 11:00:10 PM »
Extended through 9/30

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 01, 2010, 09:32:40 AM »
Extended through 9/30
Any change in terms this time?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 01, 2010, 09:35:24 AM »
Any change in terms this time?

Doesn't look like it.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 01, 2010, 11:30:26 PM »

Well #1 is Definitely NOT so, I just checked my CO acct and Bingo 10,000 & 12,500 posted yesterday for the new acct I just opened 2 weeks ago and 3 weeks ago I closed the acct I opened in 11/09. 2,500 more will post when they charge me for the Debit card

as for #2 its not $2- 5 times but a total of at least $2 so .40 x 5 will be enough and as Dan said after that .01 5 times is enough to not be charged for the monthly $6 fee

Offline steve2

• View Profile
Min time Biz acct to stay open?
« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2010, 11:38:07 PM »
 I went thru all the paper work and cant find anything nor is there anything on the new certs mentioning it

Im past my 6 months now and was gonna CX it but when I logged in tonight Chase threw me $15 for simply setting up and doing 1 Online Payment, so I had them pay a couple of bucks to a CC and now will wait till the $15 hits the acct before closing it out

A friend just called and told me its on pg 6 of the Rules & Regulations sheets of fees Right side under Miscellaneous: Acct Closing (within 90 days of acct opening) its $25 this is according to the R&R sheets as of 11/30/09

could be they changed it in '10 but save to say if youopened the Biz acct on or before 12/31/09 then 90 days it is
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:45:12 PM by steve2 »