Author Topic: A Rally in Honor... Mohamed Merah Yimach Shemo  (Read 26838 times)

Offline Mocha

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: A Rally in Honor... Mohamed Merah Yimach Shemo
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »
Then why try to compare something that happened in the past and is no longer relevant to what is actually happening now?
Because the ideology seems to be the same, at least to me. Additionally, the genocide I was referring to is only not happening today because we can't determine with 100% accuracy that one is a direct descendant of Amalek.
Yes I am, but I did this to try to avoid the huge CHILUL HASHEM "YOU" are making here.
The story of Amalek is in the old testament as well as Wikipedia for all to see.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2012, 10:33:25 AM »
I can't even believe people here are making a moral equivalence between something in the torah that would be impossible to fulfill today (or anytime over the past 2,000+ years and if someone did try to fulfill it there would be immediate outrage) to a religion that has failed to protest the killings of thousands of innocent civilians and children in recent years.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Side incomer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2012, 10:35:04 AM »
The story of Amalek is in the old testament as well as Wikipedia for all to see.
1. But you still see that HelpMe never bumped into that even though I believe he's over the 50.
2. My main point wasn't that the Chilul Hashem is the fact that hashem told us to wipe off Amelek. The Chilul hashem is that they see that there are Jews around that understand the Muslim Jihadisem, and they approve thru their point of view.
I didn't say that you actually approve it, but it could quite sound so for an outsider.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2012, 11:04:10 AM »
I can't even believe people here are making a moral equivalence between something in the torah that would be impossible to fulfill today (or anytime over the past 2,000+ years and if someone did try to fulfill it there would be immediate outrage) to a religion that has failed to protest the killings of thousands of innocent civilians and children in recent years.
This is the point I was trying to make. TY!
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2012, 11:06:26 AM »
1. But you still see that HelpMe never bumped into that even though I believe he's over the 50.
You are correct but I did Google it the first time I saw it in this thread.

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2012, 11:15:54 AM »
You are correct but I did Google it the first time I saw it in this thread.
But I believe you didn't find anybody that should link it to these days, and definitely nobody that should relate this to the Jihadisem like the people here.

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2012, 11:16:59 AM »
???

His question I can understand because he isn't Jewish (and likes to stick his hand into every cookie jar--that being a product of his personality, not his religion).

But you? Really? Do you not believe in the Torah?

Perhaps I am wrong in assuming you're Jewish?

Dan is also not Jewish in your eyes?
Or maybe you have more Derech Eretz?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »

Who cares? Why does the fact that it is currently unfulfillable have any material effect on the fact that it is commanded and will be fulfilled in the proper time?

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »
But I believe you didn't find anybody that should link it to these days, and definitely nobody that should relate this to the Jihadisem like the people here.
That is why I asked the questions. I did not understand the correlation some were trying to make. They made it sound as if this was still happening.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2012, 11:23:02 AM »
2. My main point wasn't that the Chilul Hashem is the fact that hashem told us to wipe off Amelek. The Chilul hashem is that they see that there are Jews around that understand the Muslim Jihadisem, and they approve thru their point of view.
I didn't say that you actually approve it, but it could quite sound so for an outsider.

Are you out of your mind? Nowhere did I state that I approve, condone, or otherwise identify with what the Muslim extremists are doing to what I believe are innocents. If you were following (and it seems you haven't been), my point has remained the same from the very beginning, and despite what you imply, isn't anything close to the above.

Dan is also not Jewish in your eyes?
Or maybe you have more Derech Eretz?

Why would I have more derech eretz for Dan than I do for you? Because he's the mod?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »
Who cares? Why does the fact that it is currently unfulfillable have any material effect on the fact that it is commanded and will be fulfilled in the proper time?
Actually the Rambam says we can peacefully ask them to accept the 7 Noahide laws and not have to kill them.

Regardless I find deplorable your attempt to find moral equivalence between a law in the torah regarding a single despicable nation to a religion silently condoning the terrorizing of the entire world by not protesting it.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2012, 11:34:49 AM »
Regardless I find deplorable your attempt to find moral equivalence between a law in the torah regarding a single despicable nation to a religion silently condoning the terrorizing of the entire world by not protesting it.

Whether you find it deplorable is beside the point.

The distinction you suggest is one in degree, not a distinction in kind. The Torah commands us to wipe them, all of them, off the planet. Men, women, children. The whole lot. And, by the way, the whole lot = anyone who is a descendant of Amalek, which, as you should know, could mean people in a number of today's nations, countries, and religions.

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2012, 11:41:15 AM »
Are you out of your mind? Nowhere did I state that I approve, condone, or otherwise identify with what the Muslim extremists are doing to what I believe are innocents. If you were following (and it seems you haven't been), my point has remained the same from the very beginning, and despite what you imply, isn't anything close to the above.
Take a breath...
Even, if i'm arguing with you, I'm still not out of my mind, unless you can prove that you're in your mind.
Especially that I'm not arguing with you. I just pointed out a valid point, that your posts make it sound for an outsider that you can understand the idea of Jihadism. You can see from HelpMe's posts how he took your words.

BTW, from now on you can say what you want, I'm out of this topic. I will leave my anger and heat for better stuff, so feel free to use whatever negative words you can find on me, because nothing will fire back.

Offline mercaz1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2012, 11:46:12 AM »
Actually the Rambam says we can peacefully ask them to accept the 7 Noahide laws and not have to kill them.

for the extremists in the muslim religion they believe they are following their religion so why would that be different

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2012, 11:47:43 AM »
Take a breath...
Even, if i'm arguing with you, I'm still not out of my mind, unless you can prove that you're in your mind.
Especially that I'm not arguing with you. I just pointed out a valid point, that your posts make it sound for an outsider that you can understand the idea of Jihadism. You can see from HelpMe's posts how he took your words.

BTW, from now on you can say what you want, I'm out of this topic. I will leave my anger and heat for better stuff, so feel free to use whatever negative words you can find on me, because nothing will fire back.

How does one prove one is in his mind? :)

For the record, I didn't use any "negative words on you." And, I'm not angry. So feel free to stick around - I, perhaps unlike other people, like to hear the viewpoints of others without resorting to ranting and raving.

But, to address your particular issue about someone misinterpreting my stance, I hope the above posts clear that up sufficiently.

for the extremists in the muslim religion they believe they are following their religion so why would that be different

Ding ding ding.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2012, 11:48:21 AM »
For starters if we had extremists in our religion that claimed to be following the law of killing Amalek there would be mass protests about it.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2012, 11:52:06 AM »
For starters if we had extremists in our religion that claimed to be following the law of killing Amalek there would be mass protests about it.

Straw man.

That has about as much relevance to this discussions as me saying "if our religion claims the sun revolves around the earth, then Galileo would be right!" ... which is to say, none.

Offline Walk On the Ocean

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2012, 11:57:21 AM »
Good morning, thats exactly the point. They're RELIGION is extreme. (actually, so are they, which is why they were given the title "perah adom)
JUDIASM is not. I fact, one understanding the commandment to annihilate amalek is this: amalek signifies the root  of evil, which each person has within them. So we are commanded to annihilate/destroy that evil from within ourselves. (Which is further proof that Judaism is a peaceful religion and the fact that some people are mentioning Islamism and Judaism in the same sentence is just ridiculous, and quite frankly sad)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2012, 12:00:54 PM »
Good morning, thats exactly the point. They're RELIGION is extreme.

Uhm, I think you glossed over what may be the critical point in Mercaz's response:

... the extremists in the muslim religion ... believe they are following their religion

Not everyone in that religion believe what the extremists believe, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Offline mercaz1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2012, 12:10:10 PM »
were there mass protests by jews everywhere when boruch goldstien killed people