Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

So what do you get for having the card? These incredibly sweet benefits:
-Expanded award ticket availability
See DDMS for details, including here.
-Full United Club membership:
 This membership normally costs $395 per year for non-elites and it’s the only club network that can’t be accessed with the AMEX Platinum card or the Priority Pass lounge membership that comes with that card.
 A full United Club membership allows your entire family, or you and 2 guests, to enter hundreds of United and partner lounges worldwide, regardless of which airline you are flying of even if you are even flying at all!  Just show your membership card and you’re in!
 Here is a dreadfully incomplete list of lounges.  For example I’ve used my United membership card in Tel Aviv but they’re not listed. 
-Unlimited Airport Terminal Access:  **ENDING AUGUST 2016**
 Another very nice benefit of being a full United Club member is that you can access the secured part of the airport even when you’re not flying! When I pick someone up from the airport I often like to meet them at the gate and surprise them and go for a free drink in the club. All you have to do is go to the checkin counter, show your United Club membership, and request a gate pass to get past security to access the lounge.
 This will work in any airport where there is a United or USAirways lounge.
 With free wifi, snacks, drinks, newspapers, magazines, and even showers and free ironing services in some locations, you can even make the United Club your new office if you wanted to!
 Or you can just take your kid past security to see the planes taking off when not rushing to a flight, just like in the pre 9/11 days.
 See here more detailes about this benefit.
-1.5 United Miles per dollar spent everywhere!
 This blows every other card out of the water. You’ll get 1.5 miles for every dollar you spend anywhere.  No other card out there offers anything near this earning rate on everyday purchases!  Even the great Starwood card earns an effective 1.25 miles per dollar spent and those can’t be directly transferred to United (though they can be used on United via an airline like USAirways though they have harsher award policies), or the excellent Freedom card with checking offers 1.1 points per dollar spent on everyday purchases.
It’s not hard at all to get at least 1.8 cents value per mile (or much more than that), but at that rate it’s a 2.7% rebate on everything you buy. Considering you can pay your federal income taxes for a 1.89% fee, you will be able to load up on miles the next time you pay taxes and be excited about getting a discounted vacation out of it!  It would come out to a cost of just 1.26 cents per United mile, which is an incredible bargain (A business class ticket to Europe is 100,000 miles with no fuel surcharges, so you would be paying just $1,260 for business to Europe or $1,512 for business to Israel or the Maldives), plus you may even be able to deduct the 1.89% fee!
You also earn 2 miles per dollar on United purchases, though that is beat by the 2.14 points per dollar offered by Sapphire Preferred.
-2 Free Checked Bags:
 You and one companion automatically get 2 free checked bags on United worldwide. If you bring 2 bags each that’s a savings of $240 domestically or a savings of $400 to most international destinations (Europe, Israel, Argentina, Asia, Australia, etc) on a round-trip.
Not only that but additional cards are free, and although additional cardholders don’t automatically get 2 free bags like the primary cardholder, they will at the checkin counter by just showing the agent their United Club card. I have tested this out many times to confirm that this works. For a family of 4 with 8 checked bags you can split your itinerary into 2 after purchasing it, and then with 1 primary card and 1 additional card all 8 checked bags will be free, a savings of $480 domestically or $800 to most international destinations on a round-trip.
As the free luggage benefit can be attained by just showing a checkin agent your credit card, it will last until the card’s expiration date, which is 3 years from when you are approved.
-Premier Access and Boarding:
 You’ll get priority check-in, priority baggage handling (your bags will arrive ahead of the general public’s), and priority security line access.
 Plus you will board at the same time as Premier Silver elite members, ahead of Explorer cardholders, ahead of families with children, and way ahead of the general public, so that you will have plenty of space for your carry-ons.
-Waived Award Expedite/Close-In Fees:
 Those pesky $75 per passenger fees for booking an award ticket within 21 days (which is right when the best award availability starts to open up) are automatically waived for cardholders!
-No foreign Transaction fees:
 Get the best rates and pay no exchange rate fees.
-Hertz President's Circle Status:
 Cardmembers get President's Circle status at Hertz. After getting the card, register at https://hertzstatus.mileageplus.com/
-Hyatt Platinum Elite Status:
 Cardmembers get Platinum status at Hyatt, giving them free internet, upgrades, and bonus points. After getting the card, register at https://hyattstatus.mileageplus.com
As with the Explorer card, you also get these benefits:
-Primary CDW Rental Car Insurance:
 Almost all credit cards only offer secondary CDW rental car insurance, meaning that you must first file a claim with your personal insurance which will affect your rates. The United consumers cards cover accidents without the need to make any claim with your personal insurance and should definitely be your go-to card for all car rentals outside of Israel.
-Premier upgrades on award tickets:
 Premier members will be eligible for upgrades by being a United cardholder.
-Non-expiring miles:
 As long as you’re a United cardholder your miles will never expire.
-Last-Seat Standard Awards:
 As long as there’s a seat on the plane you’ll be able to use double miles for it. This level is now capacity controlled for general members.
-Other protections:
 -Travel Accident Insurance
 -Emergency Assistance
 -Trip Cancellation Insurance
 -Lost Luggage Reimbursement
 -Delayed Luggage Reimbursement
 -Delayed Trip Reimbursement
 -Extended Warranty Protection
 -Price Drop Protection
 -Purchase Protection
 -Return Protection
 -Worldwide Emergency Card Replacement

Source
Getting the AF waived After being approved for the card, you could SM and ask for the AF to be waived for the first year.

Author Topic: United MileagePlus Club Card  (Read 403383 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: United MileagePlus Club Card
« Reply #1580 on: November 02, 2018, 03:03:05 PM »
Are you sure it was the club card? I received no discount, and it isn't advertised anywhere.
You're right it was the MPX.
 Surprised the club doenst have the benefits of the explorer.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Pad18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: November 02, 2018, 05:00:15 PM »
Did u really get a mail offer or not?

Yes I did (a week or so after actually open the card and a United account), I just send the same message for my DW card, will report back

Offline nafnaf12

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: November 04, 2018, 08:23:59 PM »
United has just announced that as of November 1, 2019, United Clubs will only be accessible with a same-day boarding pass for travel on United or a Star Alliance partner. This restriction will apply for access to both United Clubs as well as contracted United Club locations.

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: November 04, 2018, 08:34:19 PM »
United has just announced that as of November 1, 2019, United Clubs will only be accessible with a same-day boarding pass for travel on United or a Star Alliance partner. This restriction will apply for access to both United Clubs as well as contracted United Club locations.
Well that sucks.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: November 26, 2018, 04:11:31 PM »
How do I use the baggage delay benefit?

Stuck in BRU, bag only arriving tomorrow.

Offline shwarmabob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: November 26, 2018, 04:46:34 PM »
How do I use the baggage delay benefit?

Stuck in BRU, bag only arriving tomorrow.
If you experience a baggage delay, you can be reimbursed for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over six hours by passenger carrier up to $100 a day for three days.
For assistance with all MileagePlus Club Card protection benefits, please call 1-888-880-5844

Offline 159dallas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: IHG Platinum Premier, Hertz PC, Enterprise EE
« Reply #1586 on: January 20, 2019, 05:32:20 PM »
I see you get complimentary status with hertz from the united card... I am already presidential circle will they match it backwards and give me status on united? I have no status currently only the CC

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #1587 on: January 20, 2019, 05:34:35 PM »
Nope
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline OscarAsher

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 23, 2019, 09:06:49 PM »
Anyone else experiencing issues with close in fees even as a club card holder?

Offline sillypainter

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: June 23, 2019, 10:01:02 PM »

Yes, only on app. Web works fine.

Offline GAM Z.

• View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: July 17, 2019, 09:23:11 PM »
I was told by a United phone representative that Chase dropped this benefit. Does anyone know if that’s true?

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: July 17, 2019, 10:39:20 PM »
I was told by a United phone representative that Chase dropped this benefit. Does anyone know if that’s true?
United is dropping close in fees, but don't think chase is dropping that prior to this happening. Sounds like a DROPR site.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline GAM Z.

• View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: July 17, 2019, 11:46:19 PM »
United is dropping close in fees, but don't think chase is dropping that prior to this happening. Sounds like a DROPR site.
Thats what I thought, just it seems weird that the glitch is going on for so long.

Offline travel-ing

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 07, 2022, 10:35:57 AM »
I’m going to be doing a lot of business travel on united and want premier access right away.  Should I get a united mileage personal or business credit card or some other card?

Offline mdv

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond UA silver DL silver AC 25k Avis PC Hertz PC National EE
« Reply #1594 on: April 07, 2022, 04:03:19 PM »
Is this new ? Seems like anyone with a club card or ua Plat or higher get free avis presidents club

https://avisstatus.mileageplus.com/
Sorry I don't have any snarky line for this space

Offline mdv

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond UA silver DL silver AC 25k Avis PC Hertz PC National EE
« Reply #1595 on: April 07, 2022, 04:12:36 PM »
Also the SUB on the consumer is 120k and on biz 100k
Sorry I don't have any snarky line for this space

Offline Dave321

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: December 01, 2022, 02:14:50 PM »
is this card my best option for elite status and upgrades on united? what spend do I need to be at

Offline itsallgood

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
« Reply #1597 on: January 02, 2023, 12:17:15 PM »
I have this same question - the United infinite card or the business club card?

I’m going to be doing a lot of business travel on united and want premier access right away.  Should I get a united mileage personal or business credit card or some other card?

Offline bendor

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 24, 2023, 03:10:41 PM »
Full United Club membership: Cardholders get a full United Club membership. You can bring your entire family

Dan wrote this on the recent post about the United credit cards, and it's also written in the wiki - but is there anywhere on Chase/United where it explicitly mentions that cardholders can bring their entire family? Asking since it's a make or break for if I apply for this card or not (specifically, the Business Club Card)  ;)

EDIT: That is, I was reading the United Club Terms and Conditions and I don't see anything that says that...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 03:15:38 PM by bendor »

Offline dm123

• View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 24, 2023, 03:46:54 PM »
Dan wrote this on the recent post about the United credit cards, and it's also written in the wiki - but is there anywhere on Chase/United where it explicitly mentions that cardholders can bring their entire family? Asking since it's a make or break for if I apply for this card or not (specifically, the Business Club Card)  ;)

EDIT: That is, I was reading the United Club Terms and Conditions and I don't see anything that says that...

"Admittance 3."
United Club members may bring one adult and dependent children under 21, or up to two guests, into any United Club location. Members must accompany their family and guests during their United Club visit. Members are responsible for ensuring guests and family members comply with these Rules.