Topic Wiki

This thread is for NYC parking tickets.

For moving violations outside of New York City please post to http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=1206.0

For tickets outside of NY please start a new thread.
« Last edited by Hirshthg on July 27, 2017, 06:38:47 PM »

Author Topic: How to beat Alternate Side/street cleaning ticket in NY?  (Read 108825 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: How to beat Alternate Side/street cleaning ticket in NY?
« Reply #300 on: July 22, 2016, 01:44:44 AM »
They're telling you 4 hours you have to move it from when you got the ticket is to tell you that you car is broken so they're giving you 4 hours to continue trying to get your car towed, the reason for you not moving your car on alternate side was because your car was broken so show that your car is really broken they want to move it within a four hour time frame that you were talking about on your ticket, (the 4hr time frame I must have repeated myself more then once, don't be bothered by that, it's completely, superfluous,repetitive and redundant... ;))   

so you got to prove that you tried every possible thing to get a tow truck with triple AAA and they kept on delaying you saying how busy, and again you work for a living so hard to be home the exact time frame as the tow truck came,if you would go down in person almost positive it would be dismissed, but I doubt it worth your time to spend a day there! 
 Lesson learnt you got to stay by your car waiting to see that mamzer,and send her away from your car!  ...
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline googwallet

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 22, 2016, 06:33:57 AM »
you should be in a rush to get it towed to get it fixed not to get it out of that spot
Why? I have a job to go to that is more important than getting the car fixed "within 4 hours of the ticket".

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 22, 2016, 06:37:29 AM »
Why? I have a job to go to that is more important than getting the car fixed "within 4 hours of the ticket".
once you have gotten the ticket then you don't have to worry the parking cops say just leave the ticket on the dashboard to avoid others giving you since they see one....I would love to know if that's really the law of 4hrs, sounds like a stupid reasoning....
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline googwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 22, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »
They're telling you 4 hours you have to move it from when you got the ticket is to tell you that you car is broken so they're giving you 4 hours to continue trying to get your car towed, the reason for you not moving your car on alternate side was because your car was broken so show that your car is really broken they want to move it within a four hour time frame that you were talking about on your ticket, (the 4hr time frame I must have repeated myself more then once, don't be bothered by that, it's completely, superfluous,repetitive and redundant... ;))   

so you got to prove that you tried every possible thing to get a tow truck with triple AAA and they kept on delaying you saying how busy, and again you work for a living so hard to be home the exact time frame as the tow truck came,if you would go down in person almost positive it would be dismissed, but I doubt it worth your time to spend a day there! 
 Lesson learnt you got to stay by your car waiting to see that mamzer,and send her away from your car!  ...
Thanks. I will try and see how this goes.

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 26, 2016, 04:00:48 PM »
Ok here's my story. My car would not start on the day of alternative side parking. I left a note on the windshield that the engine doesn't start (I knew there was little chance that would prevent a ticket but did it nonetheless).

Sure enough I got a ticket for not moving for alternative side. Once alternative side was over, I was in no rush to get the car towed since the next alternative wasn't until 3 days later. I signed up for AAA waited another day and then got the car towed to a repair shop (car needed the starter replaced).

I disputed the ticket online and provided the car towing recipient and the repair shop recipient. Sure enough it was rejected because I didn't have it towed within 4 hours of the ticket (which is complete nonsense because why should I be in a rush to have it towed when it's a completely legal spot).

Anyway I know that using common sense gets you no where with this dispute so anyone have advise and would be my best argument for them to waive the ticket?
Thanks!
Wow that's a ruff one

Maybe draft a letter with the company's info as letter head and mention the original booked tow date was postponed because of backup and they towed it at their earliest convenience
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 26, 2016, 04:15:54 PM »
Wow that's a ruff one

Maybe draft a letter with the company's info as letter head and mention the original booked tow date was postponed because of backup and they towed it at their earliest convenience
Sounds very good, very professional, definitely would go with your idea! 

Offline googwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 26, 2016, 04:25:46 PM »
Wow that's a ruff one

Thanks for the advice. I already responded that my car was boxed in by other parallel parked cars from both sides so towing was not possible until later. We'll see how that goes along.

It's pretty pathetic how much time I invested disputing this silly ticket, makes me wonder if I should have just paid it and worked instead in the time I spent disputing it. But of course I didn't do that because I don't want to 'give in' to the stupid system even though disputing it is annoying as hell.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 26, 2016, 04:34:34 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I already responded that my car was boxed in by other parallel parked cars from both sides so towing was not possible until later. We'll see how that goes along.

It's pretty pathetic how much time I invested disputing this silly ticket, makes me wonder if I should have just paid it and worked instead in the time I spent disputing it. But of course I didn't do that because I don't want to 'give in' to the stupid system even though disputing it is annoying as hell.

When you originally Disputed the ticket did they find you guilty? and now are you fighting this for a second time? 

Offline googwallet

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 26, 2016, 04:37:23 PM »
When you originally Disputed the ticket did they find you guilty? and now are you fighting this for a second time? 
Yes. The outcome of my "online hearing" was guilty. I just sent in an appeal. 
I disputed the ticket online and provided the car towing recipient and the repair shop recipient. Sure enough it was rejected because I didn't have it towed within 4 hours of the ticket (which is complete nonsense because why should I be in a rush to have it towed when it's a completely legal spot).

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 26, 2016, 04:42:46 PM »
Curios if it would work for a alternate side ticket which was found guilty and give the reasoning again, with an explanation a bit better then last time, as well does any know how it works,is it the same judge for all tickets or they have a few judges and chances it will go to a different judge so you have a 2nd opportunity? 

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 26, 2016, 05:08:34 PM »
Curios if it would work for a alternate side ticket which was found guilty and give the reasoning again, with an explanation a bit better then last time, as well does any know how it works,is it the same judge for all tickets or they have a few judges and chances it will go to a different judge so you have a 2nd opportunity? 
appeal it
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 27, 2016, 06:48:06 PM »
appeal it
They wrote a letter saying; Respondent claims that the cited regulation is not in effect where the summons was issued and that summons shows wrong location of vehicle. Respondents claim is not supported by persuasive evidence. NYC DOT record shows sign as on summons at location on summons.

The ticket originally had No address for location to know which side I was parked! they wrote I was parked  5 ft off the corner east of E9th so now I can say that means across the street which can also have an east, since there are 4 corners to a 2 way street! They should have clearly written I was parked at this and this address, instead he leaves it saying N/S. Any suggestions for what my appeal shall be? Thanks   

Offline danzz72

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 27, 2016, 10:06:33 PM »
how do i look up a lost parking ticket in NY online? I got a ticket and lost the slip, so i dont have the ticket number.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 27, 2016, 10:11:08 PM »
how do i look up a lost parking ticket in NY online? I got a ticket and lost the slip, so i dont have the ticket number.
You can look by plate number
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 27, 2016, 11:51:08 PM »
You can look by plate number
You have an option to reprint the whole ticket!(online) Or wait until they mail you the bill.

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 28, 2016, 12:38:29 AM »
You have an option to reprint the whole ticket!(online) Or wait until they mail you the bill.
Online search and online dispute
-DMC

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 03, 2016, 06:38:19 PM »
Got my first alternate side parking ticket (on my own car  :-X) BH. What's interesting is that I trying to search it in the city's website nothing comes up. I put in both the ticket number and my plate number and the system's showing me that there's no such ticket number, and no violations on my plate number.
Any ideas?

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 03, 2016, 06:44:22 PM »
Got my first alternate side parking ticket (on my own car  :-X) BH. What's interesting is that I trying to search it in the city's website nothing comes up. I put in both the ticket number and my plate number and the system's showing me that there's no such ticket number, and no violations on my plate number.
Any ideas?
It takes some time for the ticket to come up in the system.
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 03, 2016, 06:46:51 PM »
It takes some time for the ticket to come up in the system.
Got it on July 20th (2 weeks ago). Is that enough time, or do I still have to wait?

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 03, 2016, 06:47:23 PM »
Got it on July 20th (2 weeks ago). Is that enough time, or do I still have to wait?
I've had it take longer then that.
Life is as good as you make it...