Author Topic: First Checked Bag Free on AA for Citi AA Cardholders  (Read 109958 times)

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: First Checked Bag Free on AA for Citi AA Cardholders
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2012, 02:32:58 AM »
I just flew with Avios to Canada, and gett free bag. Seperately, I mistakenly added Parents AA# to their reservation. Is there anyway they can still get free bag using their AU card from my account?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline askmoses

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2012, 02:37:40 AM »
I just flew with Avios to Canada, and gett free bag. Seperately, I mistakenly added Parents AA# to their reservation. Is there anyway they can still get free bag using their AU card from my account?
Maybe call them to change the AA# attached to the ticket

Offline henche

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2013, 10:45:31 AM »
I've got the citibusiness AA card. They're telling me that it doesn't come with a free bag. I asked them to email me the terms and conditions, but it will be days before I get that.
Does anyone know if they are correct? Was this card ever offered without the free bag? I signed up for it in June 2012.

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2013, 11:02:34 AM »
I've got the citibusiness AA card. They're telling me that it doesn't come with a free bag. I asked them to email me the terms and conditions, but it will be days before I get that.
Does anyone know if they are correct? Was this card ever offered without the free bag? I signed up for it in June 2012.

I have the card, and it indeed does come with a free bag.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2013, 11:04:29 AM »

I guess...

For this I can come out of retirement and post on it.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »
They gave me a really hard time this morning.I was flying with my wife on avios and I had to fight with then to honor it. First the lady said it is only for the card holder nut the entire reservation and I said please check with your supervisor.then she came back and said your right then she was like but it's only if it was booked on the cc............. eventually she gave in but what a pain

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2013, 01:44:24 PM »
I guess...

I'm out of retirement, but don't expect any entertainment.

I'm at quite a loss; last time I flew they refused to honor it and when I complained after the fact, they claimed I didn't have that benefit, but eventually conceded to credit me just that time. Now, I asked them a copy of the terms under which I signed up, but they're dragging their feet on it. There's no way I can prove I have the benefit, so I suppose they win.

You wrote:

Hello, I flew on American Airlines last week, and expected to receive one free bag since I have this AA credit card. At the airport, they did not give me the free bag, since the computer did not show it, even though I showed them my card and they entered the information. They did not know why it didn't work, and advised me to contact you for a refund. So I am. Thanks.

Customer Service Wrote:

We understand your frustration and would like to assist in clarifying this matter.

Our records indicate your account is not eligible for the first checked bag free benefit.

Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate your request at this time; however, we appreciate the opportunity to explain our position.

You wrote:

You would appreciate the opportunity to explain your position? An appropriate way to do so is certainly via the message you just sent. So do elaborate.

Customer Service Wrote:

We regret your account was not solicited to earn your first checked bag free. We are unable to apply this offer to your account as requested.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

You wrote:

I do not understand why you are treating me like this. You offered to explain, but didn't do so. So then I asked why, and you simply state the conclusion again. You advertise heavily that the citi AA card has a free bag, and anybody would assume that theirs has it; even if they didn't read the fine print when signing up for the card. And I did think so. In fact, the airline agents had never seen an account which did not get the free bag. I relied on that advertising when buying an AA ticket and bringing a bag to check. I understand that going forward my account does not have a free bag, but I think that this time you should refund the fee, since I relied on your advertising in buying the ticket and bringing the bag. Also, I really would like to know what it is about my card that makes it different from all the other citi AA cards.

Customer Service Wrote:

We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience.

We have credited your account $25.00. This credit will appear on your account within 1-2 billing periods.

Unfortunately, your current card product is not eligible for the enhanced travel benefits at this time.

We understand your account may not be right for you. We offer a wide variety of products that may be better suited to your needs. Please call us and we will be happy to explain these products and the terms associated with them.

We appreciate your business and value you as our customer.

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2013, 01:51:20 PM »
I'm out of retirement, but don't expect any entertainment.

I'm at quite a loss; last time I flew they refused to honor it and when I complained after the fact, they claimed I didn't have that benefit, but eventually conceded to credit me just that time. Now, I asked them a copy of the terms under which I signed up, but they're dragging their feet on it. There's no way I can prove I have the benefit, so I suppose they win.
ask Citi for the t&c

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2013, 01:53:19 PM »
ask Citi for the t&c

I did. That conversation went like this:

terms and conditions     01/03/13 07:19:58 PM     2 of 2
You wrote:

Hello, I am under the impression that my card gives me a free bag on American Airlines. But, last time I was not given that. Would you please provide me with the terms and conditions related to awards and bonuses that apply to my card, since I am certainly unable to find them. Thank you.
 Re: terms and conditions     01/03/13 07:31:11 PM     2 of 2
Customer Service Wrote:

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We regret any inconvenience. Our records do not indicate your account was solicited to earn your first checked bag free. We regret we are unable to apply this offer as requested.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
 RE: terms and conditions     01/04/13 10:11:41 AM     2 of 2
You wrote:

Yes, you may be of further assistance. For example, you may respond to my query. Please provide me with a full copy of the terms and conditions under which I applied for this card. I would like to read them.
 RE: terms and conditions     01/04/13 10:14:35 AM     2 of 2
Customer Service Wrote:

Dear Valued Customer:

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We have received your request for a copy of your Credit Card Agreement for the credit card account ending in 0001. You will receive a response by mail in 7 to 10 business days.

RE: terms and conditions     01/04/13 10:20:53 AM     2 of 2
You wrote:

Come on, email me a copy please, or give me a link to where I can find it online.
 RE: terms and conditions     01/04/13 10:32:17 AM     2 of 2
Customer Service Wrote:

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate each and every opportunity to serve you.

You should be able to view the document you requested online in 24-48 hours.
 RE: terms and conditions     01/04/13 10:36:22 AM     2 of 2
You wrote:

Terrific. Where will I be able to view it?
 RE: terms and conditions     01/04/13 10:42:40 AM     2 of 2
Customer Service Wrote:

We value your patronage and want to insure your inquiry is resolved. We have forwarded your message to the appropriate department so that it receives special attention. You will be notified by email within 24 hours that a response has been posted in the Secured Message Center.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2013, 01:54:38 PM »

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2013, 02:07:45 PM »
It's been that way for as long as I can remember... definitely since April 2012.

Besides, how would the AA agent know what offer you signed up under?

ETA: Actually, it looks like only the PERSONAL cards changed as of April 2012...

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2013, 02:09:38 PM »
The AA agent didn't allow it because the computer didn't do it automatically. Then Citi denied I was entitled to it.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2013, 02:09:51 PM »
The AA agent didn't allow it because the computer didn't do it automatically. Then Citi denied I was entitled to it.

See edit above.

Offline mochada

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2013, 02:14:56 PM »

Worked like a charm for me....didn't even have to show card.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »
Worked like a charm for me....didn't even have to show card.

You had a *business* card from *june 2012* ?

If not, I'm not sure how that helps.

Offline mochada

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2013, 02:49:21 PM »
Citi AA Amex whose customer service claims doesnt come with a checked bag.

Offline Thingywingy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2013, 02:58:54 PM »
Pretty clear here:

https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citibusiness-aadvantage-world-mastercard/award-program-information/

This seems to be specificly for the business card. Is there a similar link for the personal card. I have a friend who also had issue with them when checking in.
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline AJK

• View Profile

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2013, 06:52:35 PM »
IME if you have your [linked] AA number on the ticket, it works like a charm. Otherwise, good luck
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com