Author Topic: ink Bold 60k signup bonus  (Read 53970 times)

Offline Walk On the Ocean

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: ink Bold 60k signup bonus
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »
Not a bad effort at line-drawing :P

We're not that numerous, and we're a relatively close-knit group.
LOL
agreed, and i'm really not kidding!

Offline compddd

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2012, 01:28:29 PM »
So where would you draw the line?

Hard to say, I discovered DDF and the world of churning after receiving an Amex 75k PRG targeted offer in the mail and googling it to see if it was a good offer.

These blogs with step by step screen shots and spoon feeding people who can't be bothered to do any research will ultimately end in the death of churning IMO.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2012, 01:33:32 PM »
Hard to say, I discovered DDF and the world of churning after receiving an Amex 75k PRG targeted offer in the mail and googling it to see if it was a good offer.

These blogs with step by step screen shots and spoon feeding people who can't be bothered to do any research will ultimately end in the death of churning IMO.

So, if I'm understanding you, forums are OK, but you'd draw the line at blogs?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2012, 01:34:34 PM »
Relatively close-knit group forums as you said earlier :)

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
Exactly my point
You found DDF/the Amex megaoffers/the world of churning by LOOKING/googling etc. People who are really interested will do the same.

+1000

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »
EDIT: It appears that since Daraius from Million Mile Secrets posted about the SPP conversion from visa --> mastercard, chase no longer allows this shtick. See what i'm getting at?

You do realize Dan posted about the SP conversion long before MMS, right?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 01:47:12 PM »
You do realize Dan posted about the SP conversion long before MMS, right?
Yes, I realize.
And (CMIIW) but daraius has many more readers, so him posting it seemed to kill the deal.
Obviously i may be wrong, and obviously Dan has every right to post whatever he wants to post on his site (especially the new techniques that he himself discovers)
BUT, I still stand by my earlier posts about the deals being killed from the mass bloggers.
Disagree with me if you wish, but as I said, these are just my $.02

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2012, 01:54:05 PM »
Yes, I realize.
And (CMIIW) but daraius has many more readers, so him posting it seemed to kill the deal.
Obviously i may be wrong, and obviously Dan has every right to post whatever he wants to post on his site (especially the new techniques that he himself discovers)
BUT, I still stand by my earlier posts about the deals being killed from the mass bloggers.
I would agree with you.

But after all, everybody means their own money. You want to stay into the game, so not to spread the word out, and these bloggers want to make money out of the clicks on their site etc, and so they post whatever they see worth full enough to attract readers.
Nobody can be a monopolizer in today's days.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2012, 01:55:47 PM »
Dan doesn't post step by step instructions.

People like Daraius do and they have proven time and again they don't care if they kills deals, as long as it gets them more readers and more referral bonuses.

Practically every single one of Daraius's blog entries is him saying "USE ME AND EMILY'S REFERRAL LINKS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2012, 01:57:43 PM »
I would agree with you.

But after all, everybody means their own money. You want to stay into the game, so not to spread the word out, and these bloggers want to make money out of the clicks on their site etc, and so they post whatever they see worth full enough to attract readers.
Nobody can be a monopolizer in today's days.
I hear ya, and I do realize that there is no easy answer. Everyone needs to make money...

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2012, 01:58:06 PM »

People like Daraius do and they have proven time and again they don't care if they kills deals, as long as it gets them more readers and more referral bonuses.

Practically every single one of Daraius's blog entries is him saying "USE ME AND EMILY'S REFERRAL LINKS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
lol

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2012, 02:03:05 PM »
Yes, I realize.

So, as long as the blogger doesn't have "too many" readers, its OK? My that's a fungible standard.

Pardon my ignorance, but what meaningful difference is there between Dan's posting of the SP conversion and MMS's?

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2012, 02:09:35 PM »
So, as long as the blogger doesn't have "too many" readers, its OK? My that's a fungible standard.
No that's not at all what I meant. I just said that I thought Daraius from MMC was the one who killed the deal not Dan because he has more readers, (CMIIW because i don't know for sure) and that may have caused an influx of calls into Chase.
ALL I am saying is that these millions of small blogs that post step by step instructions to the huge mileage offers/deals are killing it by spoonfeeding it to the masses who ultimately kill the deal. I'm not saying that only "certain" people can churn, but c'mon put in the effort and don't expect spoonfeeding.
I already posted above some examples of some big deals that were shut down due to the abuse of the masses, so i don't feel the need to further explain myself.
I just wonder what will be next? Chase reconsideration will be kaput?
And BTW Dan is one of the few bloggers who actually deserve to have a blog. He has proven time and time again to be the one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to churning/redeeming miles/experience etc etc

But again, these are just my opinions and feel free to disagree! I'm certainly not intending to sound like an arguer
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:14:33 PM by Walk On the Ocean »

Offline mordy44

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
I disagree,

The average consumer to scared to churn. Yes, they'll sign up for the new promotion but churn? doubtful.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2012, 02:13:44 PM »
I disagree,

The average consumer to scared to churn. Yes, they'll sign up for the new promotion but churn? doubtful.
They're scared until they're told exactly how to do it step by step. In fact one blogger  posts why his family was scared of churning and all the reasons not to be afraid

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »

No that's not at all what I meant. I just said that I thought Daraius from MMC was the one who killed the deal not Dan because he has more readers, (CMIIW because i don't know for sure) and that may have caused an influx of calls into Chase.

So... in other words, that's exactly what you meant.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2012, 02:20:10 PM »
So... in other words, that's exactly what you meant.
Fine that's what i meant (I guess I just didn't realize it)
Happy now?
(But you get my original point about how mass bloggers who spoonfeed kill deals, I know you do)

Offline mordy44

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »
They're scared until they're told exactly how to do it step by step. In fact one blogger  posts why his family was scared of churning and all the reasons not to be afraid

How many times have you tried telling people that there is nothing to be scared of? How often do they listen? I've tried numerous times, most people usually do not end up churning. Especially by reading blogs. But they do sign up for bonus offers here and there

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2012, 02:23:18 PM »
Fine that's what i meant (I guess I just didn't realize it)
Happy now?
(But you get my original point about how mass bloggers who spoonfeed kill deals, I know you do)

Of course I understand your point. And it isn't about my being happy or not.

I'm simply trying to discern where you would draw the line, and from the above it seems that the place you'd draw it is, essentially, nonfunctional.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2012, 02:28:39 PM »
Of course I understand your point. And it isn't about my being happy or not.

I'm simply trying to discern where you would draw the line, and from the above it seems that the place you'd draw it is, essentially, nonfunctional.

I know, your right :(

I hear ya, and I do realize that there is no easy answer. Everyone needs to make money...