Author Topic: AA share and buy miles seems to be having issues...  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
AA share and buy miles seems to be having issues...
« on: April 05, 2012, 10:40:37 PM »
AA share and buy miles seems to be having issues in the last week or so.

Every time I put in a request, it walked me thru the whole process, and gave me an error message in the end, saying: your credit card couldn't be confirmed.

I tried with like 10 different credit cards, different browsers, different computers, and I got the same error message.

Calling up the credit card companies didn't resolve, because they claim they approved the charge. AA wasn't a help at all because they claim that this part of the site is owned by points.com, and they have no control on it. Points.com claims that they only provide the software but don't do the actual charges at all.

Basically they are playing monkey in the middle, and nobody wants to do it over the phone.

Anybody had success doing this in the last few days. Please post..
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: AA share and buy miles seems to be having issues...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 04:29:23 AM »
AA share and buy miles seems to be having issues in the last week or so.

Every time I put in a request, it walked me thru the whole process, and gave me an error message in the end, saying: your credit card couldn't be confirmed.

I tried with like 10 different credit cards, different browsers, different computers, and I got the same error message.

Calling up the credit card companies didn't resolve, because they claim they approved the charge. AA wasn't a help at all because they claim that this part of the site is owned by points.com, and they have no control on it. Points.com claims that they only provide the software but don't do the actual charges at all.

Basically they are playing monkey in the middle, and nobody wants to do it over the phone.

Anybody had success doing this in the last few days. Please post..
Why are you buying miles from AA?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: AA share and buy miles seems to be having issues...
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »
Why are you buying miles from AA?
Toping up account that are missing up to 3K.

Usually I do the share miles option which is a lot cheaper, but they charge for sharing miles up to 5K $50, so if i need just 1K it will make sense to rather buy.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה