Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Limited time offer till 3/31/15 (50K, annual fee waived for 1st year): http://www.dansdeals.com/go/BA4

YMMV (since Aug. '14, no one on this thread has reported successfully getting a better offer than the regular 50k (AF waived) offer linked above):
SM Chase before and/or after getting the card and they will often waive the $95 yearly fee for the first year.
SM Chase before and/or after getting the card and they will match to the offer to get 50,000 bonus Avios for spending $2,000, another 25,000 bonus Avios after you make $10,000 in purchases within the first year of account opening., and another 25,000 bonus Avios after you make an additional $10,000 in purchases also within the first year of account opening.
Total bonus Avios for $20K spend=100,000
Total Avios for base spending at 1.25 Avios per dollar spent=25K.
Total Avios=125K.

British Airways Avios Knowledgebase, A Collection Of Tips For Using Your BA Avios (DDMS)
« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:44:51 PM »

Author Topic: Chase British Airways Card  (Read 491560 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: New Chase BA Offer
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2012, 04:56:53 PM »
Haven't read of one instance of someone successfully churning this card, but feel free to TOFTT.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline bruce

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2012, 04:59:59 PM »
Wow. So it's just once in a lifetime?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2012, 05:02:25 PM »
Wow. So it's just once in a lifetime?
AFAAK
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2012, 05:03:25 PM »
Unless you change SS#.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2012, 05:05:53 PM »
Unless you change SS#.
lol Now that is a thread I want to read!

@Dan I know credit freezing is easy because of identity theft. How about a SS# freeze/change?

Offline bruce

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »
This is helpful i will hold on do my ba card for dear life because i use those points for short hauls often  im looking for something else to apply for beCause I need the freedom and I am looking to double it with something. I have BA sp united hyatt sw. I would do ink bold but most people said that it pulls as 2. So I'm left with no other resort but to cancel and churn. I've just recently churned the sapphire.

Does united or sw churn?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2012, 05:15:31 PM »
This is helpful i will hold on do my ba card for dear life because i use those points for short hauls often  im looking for something else to apply for beCause I need the freedom and I am looking to double it with something. I have BA sp united hyatt sw. I would do ink bold but most people said that it pulls as 2. So I'm left with no other resort but to cancel and churn. I've just recently churned the sapphire.

Does united or sw churn?
Both are churnable. Especially United is a great one. You should probably take these questions to a different thread though.

Offline bruce

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »
Ok thanks

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2012, 05:29:14 PM »
This is helpful i will hold on do my ba card for dear life because i use those points for short hauls often im looking for something else to apply for beCause I need the freedom and I am looking to double it with something. I have BA sp united hyatt sw. I would do ink bold but most people said that it pulls as 2. So I'm left with no other resort but to cancel and churn. I've just recently churned the sapphire.
Does united or sw churn?

You can transfer UR and MR points to BA,  so you do have many other options. . .

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2012, 11:56:19 AM »
when does this offer end?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2012, 12:05:07 PM »
when does this offer end?
which offer? There are 2 discussed in this thread. I believe the only one that may still work is if you try booking a ticket on BA.com and they ask you to open a cc.

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2012, 12:05:43 PM »
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline aryeh1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2012, 12:07:59 PM »
theres is the 50k +50k after a year and spending $150 and the other is 100k after sepnding 20k am i right?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2012, 12:10:47 PM »
theres is the 50k +50k after a year and spending $150 and the other is 100k after sepnding 20k am i right?
A friend of mine sent me this. Not sure if it was mentioned on this forum or not. It's good for 50k after your first charge and another 50k after one year.

Apparently this only works with chrome.

1. open an incognito window on google chrome.
2. go to the BA site and search for a one-way flight from chicago to london on an upcoming saturday (i chose june 23). it should price out to around $1400.
3. hit continue a bunch until you get to passenger details.
4. enter your details on this page. you MUST select YES that you are the name on the card that will be paying.
5. you should come to a screen that says “earn 100,000 avois” which gives you the option to apply for the card. if you instead came to the payment screen, CLOSE the incognito window, open a new one and repeat.
6. choose “Yes, I’d like to pay for this flight using my new card.” you will NOT actually have to pay for the flight. click on apply now.
7. it will show the details of your flight along with a big price. hit “continue to credit card application.”
8. after you complete the application, you will be taken to a screen (hopefully telling you that you were approved) which will confirm that you have not yet bought the flight. it will redirect you to the payments page. just close the window, and you’re safe.

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »
Why do these kind of shtik/offers need to be done throug incognito browsing?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2012, 12:20:28 PM »
They don't. I did it in regular chrome. But I suppose they could cache if you've ever booked a ticket before and first time customers may receive this targeted offer more often according to however their algorithm is programmed.

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2012, 12:29:55 PM »
So?

I'm not sure about this one specifically, but many times if you've opened an application once a cookie is saved and you won't be able to load the better offers.

Edit: That's my understanding of it but I may be wrong.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:35:52 PM by rd »