Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Limited time offer till 3/31/15 (50K, annual fee waived for 1st year): http://www.dansdeals.com/go/BA4

YMMV (since Aug. '14, no one on this thread has reported successfully getting a better offer than the regular 50k (AF waived) offer linked above):
SM Chase before and/or after getting the card and they will often waive the $95 yearly fee for the first year.
SM Chase before and/or after getting the card and they will match to the offer to get 50,000 bonus Avios for spending $2,000, another 25,000 bonus Avios after you make $10,000 in purchases within the first year of account opening., and another 25,000 bonus Avios after you make an additional $10,000 in purchases also within the first year of account opening.
Total bonus Avios for $20K spend=100,000
Total Avios for base spending at 1.25 Avios per dollar spent=25K.
Total Avios=125K.

British Airways Avios Knowledgebase, A Collection Of Tips For Using Your BA Avios (DDMS)
« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:44:51 PM »

Author Topic: Chase British Airways Card  (Read 491556 times)

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Chase BA Offer
« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2012, 03:06:25 PM »
I am sure this has been discussed before, but was wondering if there was  any way to expedite points from the BA card after making the minimum spend.

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2012, 03:10:42 PM »
I am sure this has been discussed before, but was wondering if there was  any way to expedite points from the BA card after making the minimum spend.
The onlt way to get the points early is when you activate the card ask them to close the statement as early as possible.
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2012, 05:13:59 PM »
How long after statement close have points posted in y'alls experience.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline zlt123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2012, 06:00:05 PM »
I just did it i got the card i spend a doller got annuel fee the same day paid it the next day 2 days latter my bill closed and the next day i had my points so it took less than a week from first spend till i got my points but you have to make sure to spend and pay the annuel fee before the bill cycle close. thats my experience

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2012, 06:02:04 PM »
I just did it i got the card i spend a doller got annuel fee the same day paid it the next day 2 days latter my bill closed and the next day i had my points so it took less than a week from first spend till i got my points but you have to make sure to spend and pay the annuel fee before the bill cycle close. thats my experience

Ah, good approach. I think I made the first purchase, but then didn't pay the annual fee before statement closed.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2012, 06:34:28 PM »
Do you think it has anything to do with paying the AF?
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline zlt123

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2012, 02:18:21 AM »
Do you think it has anything to do with paying the AF?
No it has to do with paying your bill

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2012, 09:44:49 AM »
Mine posted 2 days after my statement of $1 closed, without paying annual fee

Offline ari9

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2012, 11:19:43 AM »
after the points post can you cancel the card and be refunded the annual fee (without losing the points)?
if decide to keep the card, can I ask to match a lower annual fee?

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2012, 11:20:43 AM »
after the points post can you cancel the card and be refunded the annual fee (without losing the points)?
if decide to keep the card, can I ask to match a lower annual fee?
Once it's in your BA account their yours to keep.

Offline ari9

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2012, 11:52:54 AM »
if I don't want to do the 20k spending, are there any offers to get matched to? anyone had success with waiving or lowering the AF?
and does the oilam recommend closing the card after receiving the points or keeping it due to its lack of churnability?

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »
if I don't want to do the 20k spending, are there any offers to get matched to? anyone had success with waiving or lowering the AF?
and does the oilam recommend closing the card after receiving the points or keeping it due to its lack of churnability?
Not quite sure thats true http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=8028.msg257854#msg257854

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2012, 12:13:07 PM »

Either is this.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2012, 03:20:16 AM »
And a companion pass.
Got my companion pass! Now all I need is a companion hhmmmmmmm.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: New Chase BA Offer
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2012, 08:14:19 AM »
Got my companion pass! Now all I need is a companion hhmmmmmmm.
Can I volunteer?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Smartypantz

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2012, 09:31:49 AM »
Is it worth it to open this card, if I got a Chase Freedom 3 months ago and United Mileage Plus a month ago? I don't want to kill my credit, so are the benefits really that good? Or should I rather apply for something better? Thanks!

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2012, 09:38:41 AM »
theres currently an offer to get 50k after first purchase, and another 50k when you pay the annual fee for the second year.  no spend necessary.   to get it you need to make a mock booking and on the last page before payment it offers you to apply for it.   

it's possible you could sign up through the regular link and match to it, but it's not really a public offer, it's officially only if you're buying a ticket (even though you could end the process after applying without ever buying the ticket), so i'm not sure if they'll be willing to match.         anyone tried it?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2012, 10:39:31 AM »
They won't match according to reports.

Offline farchez

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2012, 03:12:16 PM »
wow! this sounds like a great offer! i got the 100k offer last year but that required $3k spending in the first 3 months and i ended up paying $95 annual fee. this new deal is way better, i think i will try it out.

where do you see that the second 50k bonus is dependent on the second year AF? i only see that the second 50k is awarded on the anniversary of the card so long as a purchase was made within the first year.

P.S. i am currently enjoying free flights around america (6 flights already) without much advance notice and $2.50 tax charges on AA thanks to the BA 100k bonus. Thanks Dan and DDF for all your help
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:38:50 PM by farchez »

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2012, 04:08:14 PM »
wow! this sounds like a great offer! i got the 100k offer last year but that required $3k spending in the first 3 months and i ended up paying $95 annual fee. this new deal is way better, i think i will try it out.

where do you see that the second 50k bonus is dependent on the second year AF? i only see that the second 50k is awarded on the anniversary of the card so long as a purchase was made within the first year.

P.S. i am currently enjoying free flights around america (6 flights already) without much advance notice and $2.50 tax charges on AA thanks to the BA 100k bonus. Thanks Dan and DDF for all your help
It's nigh-on-impossible to receive 2 sign up bonuses for this card. It has been done before, but don't give your hopes up. GL!
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)