Topic Wiki

Favorite DDF Member
Henche

I DISAGREE

+1

Author Topic: Who's Your Favorite DDF Member?  (Read 62279 times)

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Re: Who's Your Favorite DDF Member?
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 08:57:26 PM »
I believe you're cute, + bunch of travel experience.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline SuperFlyer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »
...Still you didn't vote for me :'-(

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »
I prefer Meshugener...
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Knaper_Chuchem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 09:57:42 AM »
May I suggest that we change this thread to 'Who's the most annoying DDF Member'

I assume you know my pick...

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 10:05:49 AM »
May I suggest that we change this thread to 'Who's the most annoying DDF Member'

I assume you know my pick...
meshugener

Reason: Went from asking noob question to being an expert on all subjects in a matter of months.  :)
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 10:54:15 AM »
nice quote-work
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »
Hey that's nice !
To what do I owe the honor ?
Just keep on doing what your doing, thats all.

Offline involved!

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »
My favorite are the guys who can swallow their pride and answer anyones questions in a nice way without trying to show how great they are with their snide remarks. over the past year i have seen so many of you bigshots out there who dont  have the decency to help out a guy with a simple question. what i have noticed is that its usually the ones who really do know the ins and out the best that answer like humans i.e. dan and ashero just to name a few. nobody knows who you are anyways so why the sharp remarks? wow so u spent more time warming that toilet seat and actually readt thru every single post! your amazing!

Offline steeeveknowsbest

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 12:02:32 AM »
My favorite are the guys who can swallow their pride and answer anyones questions in a nice way without trying to show how great they are with their snide remarks. over the past year i have seen so many of you bigshots out there who dont  have the decency to help out a guy with a simple question. what i have noticed is that its usually the ones who really do know the ins and out the best that answer like humans i.e. dan and ashero just to name a few. nobody knows who you are anyways so why the sharp remarks? wow so u spent more time warming that toilet seat and actually readt thru every single post! your amazing!

Just so you know, there is a method to the madness, it has been clearly demonstrated on many occasions that making certain

information extremely accessible causes everyone to lose out. In addition, when joining any internet forum community (from

fountain pens, to pets to hashkafos) that deals with any topic extensively it is considered proper etiquette to search before creating

new topics, it can be extremely frustrating to wade through 50 new topics every single day which were answered just yesterday.

While there is no reason to be mean about it, i do believe that repeat offenders should be told off.

And just by the way, if it so happens that someone took the time to read through all the posts on a subject which you did not, and you

ask him for information, you should be appreciative of the favor he is doing for you, it is not his job nor does he have any obligation to

take the time to help you at all. Those who come with an attitude that anyone who will not help them is snobby mean or inhumane

does not appreciate the favor a busy guy somewhere who takes the two minutes to help someone he doesn't know, (who can usually

help themselves with 10 minutes of searching) has done for them.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 12:31:38 AM »
Whats wrong with this picture?

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2012, 12:40:48 AM »
Whats wrong with this picture?

you're not using the seat rather the cool new bottle you purchased on amazon?  ;D

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2012, 12:46:14 AM »
you're not using the seat rather the cool new bottle you purchased on amazon?  ;D
No thank you. I Gatorade bottle will work just fine unless someone mistakes it for Gatorade!  :)

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 03:25:31 AM »
Just so you know, there is a method to the madness, it has been clearly demonstrated on many occasions that making certain information extremely accessible causes everyone to lose out.

In addition, when joining any internet forum community (from fountain pens, to pets to hashkafos) that deals with any topic extensively it is considered proper etiquette to search before creating new topics, it can be extremely frustrating to wade through 50 new topics every single day which were answered just yesterday.

While there is no reason to be mean about it, i do believe that repeat offenders should be told off.

And just by the way, if it so happens that someone took the time to read through all the posts on a subject which you did not, and you ask him for information, you should be appreciative of the favor he is doing for you, it is not his job nor does he have any obligation to take the time to help you at all. Those who come with an attitude that anyone who will not help them is snobby mean or inhumane does not appreciate the favor a busy guy somewhere who takes the two minutes to help someone he doesn't know, (who can usually help themselves with 10 minutes of searching) has done for them.

+1
Well said.

For those of you not interested in reading Steve's long post - he basically said that you should search before asking a question, instead of starting a new thread especially when the question was just asked yesterday and the day before. 

@involved, nobody here is getting paid to answer your personal question.  We are a forum community and we all take and contribute.  To just expect everyone to stop everything their doing to answer your question when you don't even bother to do a simple search beforehand - I think that's totally rude and not at all right.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 03:38:51 AM »
For those of you not interested in reading Steve's long post - he basically said that you should search before asking a question, instead of starting a new thread especially when the question was just asked yesterday and the day before. 

@involved, nobody here is getting paid to answer your personal question.  We are a forum community and we all take and contribute.  To just expect everyone to stop everything their doing to answer your question when you don't even bother to do a simple search beforehand - I think that's totally rude and not at all right.
The problem is this does not work. There is not a forum out there that does not have the same problem. If it makes you feel better to tell someone to search first have at it. It the long run it will not make a difference. My approach is: 1) do not answer the question or 2) answer the question hoping others will see it and not have to ask the same question again.

Offline steeeveknowsbest

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 08:43:41 AM »
The problem is this does not work. There is not a forum out there that does not have the same problem. If it makes you feel better to tell someone to search first have at it. It the long run it will not make a difference. My approach is: 1) do not answer the question or 2) answer the question hoping others will see it and not have to ask the same question again.

i disagree, while i do agree that you can't stop that first annoying repost, i have seen many n00bs take the criticism and become regular members who contribute themselves and do their own searches. When i first came to this board it took me a couple of weeks to acclimate, but i did. If you look you will find many who learnt and few who incessantly annoy.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 09:34:53 AM »
i disagree, while i do agree that you can't stop that first annoying repost, i have seen many n00bs take the criticism and become regular members who contribute themselves and do their own searches. When i first came to this board it took me a couple of weeks to acclimate, but i did. If you look you will find many who learnt and few who incessantly annoy.
I would suggest you visit others forums and you will see what I am talking about. I will give you two examples. At CB they basically answer all questions without telling them to search or they link to the answers. At FWF they basically just ignore the noob questions. Both have less of these search problem/discussions than DDF even though then have many more members.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 09:36:38 AM »
I would suggest you visit others forums and you will see what I am talking about. I will give you two examples. At CB they basically answer all questions without telling them to search or they link to the answers. At FWF they basically just ignore the noob questions. Both have less of these search problem/discussions than DDF even though then have many more members.
Isnt that because they have a function to block posts of noobs?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 09:39:07 AM »
Isnt that because they have a function to block posts of noobs?
No.

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »
so back to the topic....
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline lc331

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2012, 10:27:01 AM »
so back to the topic....
sounds like you wait someone should vote for you.... So I vote for JEWDA...