Author Topic: Can you DV a CA after 30 days or is the only solution PFD?  (Read 11831 times)

Offline Fefferkorn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Can you DV a CA after 30 days or is the only solution PFD?
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »
FW thread is getting back on track  ;D
Yes, although I'd love to have people on DDF to consult about this.
These guys really aren't there to help and properly answer questions.
I've been saying this from the start.

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2012, 01:45:02 PM »
Update:
I just called the automated system for Con Edison and the balance is still there. Technically, I can make a payment to ConEdison directly.
Does that mean that I can then dispute the whole debt because ConEdison was paid? Would this work even if so much time has passed and the account is in collections for a long time already??

In other words, the fact that I paid ConEdison, albeit very late, would be enough to prove that the Collection agency has no right to report me because this is a paid debt?

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2012, 01:53:10 PM »
You didn't like the answer you received at FWF?

"dude I already told you how It's done. If con Edison will still take your payment, you can then dispute the collection . The collector will not be able to validate a legitimate debt exists."
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »
Where is that response, I don't see it.

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2012, 05:29:25 PM »
Where is that response, I don't see it.
You quoted that response in your last post at FWF. Maybe if you didn’t post the same question at every forum out there you could keep track of everything. Either way I am out of this one!
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2012, 06:01:57 PM »
You quoted that response in your last post at FWF. Maybe if you didn’t post the same question at every forum out there you could keep track of everything. Either way I am out of this one!
You seem to have "been out" since Apr. 24, I don't get why you're mixing in again.
Let me go through whatever I need to be at ease with the decision I'm going to make. I want to gather as much info as possible and hear as many opinions as possible and decide when the heck to make my move without you pushing me.
Thank you.

For the record, my question pertains to the fact that so much time has elapsed and wondering if that advice will apply in my case as well. I specifically asked that because not everyone reads the question in detail so they might end up giving erroneous advice.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2012, 07:49:29 PM »
You didn't like the answer you received at FWF?

"dude I already told you how It's done. If con Edison will still take your payment, you can then dispute the collection . The collector will not be able to validate a legitimate debt exists."

+1, that's how it works.

If the the creditor cannot validate the debt upon dispute, then byebye negative mark.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2012, 09:34:37 PM »
+1, that's how it works.

If the the creditor cannot validate the debt upon dispute, then byebye negative mark.
How about the fact that they don't have to validate because its past 30 days from their letter to me?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2012, 03:13:17 PM »
How about the fact that they don't have to validate because its past 30 days from their letter to me?

Honestly, I haven't kept up with this thread so I don't know what letter you're talking about, but whatever the letter says, if you dispute something on your CR with a CRA, if the creditor does not validate the debt, the CRA is legally required to remove it AFAIK.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper