AJK's (very long) TR:
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=1573.msg150317#msg150317

Tzfas's TR:
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=1573.msg271358#msg271358

Yehoshua's TR:
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=53999.msg1209038#msg1209038

Other TRs:
Yitzy93,
Moishy36, deals, chuchem, milechazzer, LAXtraveler, fdg9, ChAiM'l, rots5, Ergel, steve L, sy guy, waterpri, MC dvol
CGR

Map of Jewish Paris
Kosher Paris Map
Kosher List-July 2015 or Here.

RESTAURANTS (the best of)

There are hundreds of kosher restaurants in Paris.  The locals generally don't eat the meat under Beis Din as they don't require Glatt meat.  But they will eat everything else under Beis din.

Search for restaurants by cuisine and hashgocha here.

NameLocationMetroTypeHechsherNotes
Darjeeling17thArgentine-1MeatRottenberg
Sar Eden19thOurcq-5BakeryRottenbergOrganic bakery
Charles Traiteur19thOurcq-5BakeryBeth-Din
Charles Traiteur20thSaint-Mandé-1BakeryBeth-Din
Charles Traiteur11thRue-Des-Boulets-9BakeryBeth-Din
Charles Traiteur16thVictor-Hugo-2BakeryBeth-Din
Charles Traiteur17thWagram-3BakeryBeth-Din
Charles Traiteur Halavi17thWagram-3BakeryBeth-Din Chalavi
Korcarz4thSaint-paul-1BakeryBeth-DinIn the Marais
Ardely’s19thOurcq-5Milk ChocolateKatz
Damyel19thOurcq-5Parve ChocolateRottenberg
L’As Du Fallafel4thSaint-paul-1FallafelBeth-Dinin the Marais
L’Inte Cafe12thMiromesnil-9,13DairyBeth-Din15 minute walk from the Park Hyatt
Kosher pizza4thSaint-paul-1PizzaRottenberg
Le Shine17thPorte Maillot-1ChineseLubavitchnear the Arc
Soumsoum11thVoltaire- 9MeatLubavitchGreat Israeli restaurent, there is a second one in the 8th
Doron ba Laïla19thGare Saint-Lazare 3-12-13-14MeatRottenbergNice meat restaurant
Tibs19thOurcq-5DairyKatz
Thai One2ndSentier-3MeatRottenberg
Le XXV16thTrocadéro-9-6BakeryRottenberg Chalavi
Le XXV8thTernes-2BakeryRottenberg Chalavi

Activities:
-Segway Tour. Please do not PM Ergel with requests for coupon codes. The codes are long dead
-Seine River Tour
-Eiffel Tour (Metro: Trocadero -6,9)
-Versailles Palace and Gardens. Never wait on line to buy tickets. 1. Use museum pass 2. Buy in advance 3. There are vending machines near the bathrooms (you have to poke around to find them) without lines. (if you go during a really busy time and the line seems endlessly long, go to the gardens first and return to the palace in the afternoon when lines are shorter). To get an audio guide, you usually proceed across the Royal Courtyard after passing security. If the lines for the audio guides are long, turn left in the Courtyard, to the Apartments of the daughter's of Louis XV’s. There you'll find another counter where you can get audio guides, with no lines at all. You can then exit the apartments and continue along the tour, bypassing the longer line.
-Louvre Art Museum (Closed Tuesday) (Metro: Palais Royal - Musée du Louvre -1,7) Shushan/Purim artifacts that can be seen at the Louvre, per the book Purim and the Persian Empire.
-D'Orsay Art Museum (Closed Monday) (Metro: Solférino -12)
-Musée de l'Orangerie des Tuileries (closed Tuesday) small museum featuring Monet's lilies (Metro Concorde: -1,8,12)
-Centre Georges Pompidou modern art museum open 11-9. closed tuedays (Metro: Rambuteau -11)
-Tuileries Gardens. (Metro: Tuileries -1)
-Paris sewer museum Smells really bad but an interesting look at the sewer system
-Champs Elysees shopping (Metro: Champs-Élysées - Clemenceau -1,13)
-Arc de Triomphe (Metro: Charles de Gaulle - Étoile -1,2,6)
-Operan National De Paris opera house. tours daily 11:30 and 2:30. Admission included in Museum Pass, tour extra
-Montmartre (Great neighborhood to walk around with boutiques, artists, and great views, and a funicular that kids will love) (Metro: abbesses -12, Anvers -2)
-The Great Synagogue (La Victoria) is beautiful but the main shul is only open on Shabbos mornings for Shacharis, but definitely worthwhile if you're there over Shabbos (Metro: Notre-Dame-de-Lorette -12)

Hotels:
-Park Hyatt Paris (Hyatt cat 7) is an outstanding value for your points. They used to give a phenomenal kosher breakfast but now it's barely even worth requesting.  Still rooms are a decent size for Paris, the Spa facilities are very nice, and the intoxicating smell used throughout the hotel for forever be linked with the romance of Paris. Ideally located between the Opera and Tuileries metro stations.
The Park Hyatt has free parking, though driving and parking elsewhere in Paris is very difficult.
The Park Hyatt has also complimentary bikes for guests.
There is a backdoor for entry on shabbos.

-The InterContinental Paris - Le Grand is not far from the Park Hyatt. It cost 70k IHG points per night or you can use IHG free nights. It is a good alternitive if the PH is not available or if you don't have/don't want to spend 30k Hyatt points per night.

-The Westin (SPG cat 6) is not as luxurious at the Park Hyatt but is located nearby and does the trick if you only have Starpoints and not Chase or Hyatt points.

Shabbos meals:
-Chabad of Champs Elysees has great shabbos meals and you're sure to bump into other tourists there as well to share tips.
It is a 30 minute walk to the Park Hyatt, but the walk is quite lovely via the Tuileries Gardens and the Champs Elysees.
Reservations are required: http://www.chabadchampselysees.com/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/888847/jewish/Shabbat-at-Chabad-Champs-Elyses.htm
-if you don't/can't eat at Chabad, they suggest getting takeout from Ben & Cook located in the 8th. Hashgacha: rabbinate Lubavitch De France 33 1 45 61 03 95. 35 Euro for 2 challas, 2 dips, meatballs with noodles or veggies for 2. they close at 3pm on Fridays (in the summer). call for more info
- Friday night meals at Grand Synagogue http://www.tiny.cc/chabbat

There is no eruv in Paris. Consider taking the metro to shul with your talis bag along with return tickets for motzei shabbos.

Transport from CDG:
-If you are going to the Opera area you can take the RoissyBus (pronounced Wahsee-Boos as you will get blank stares if you ask for the Royzee-Bus) which goes there nonstop. You can pay by credit card in the RoissyBus waiting station or on the bus.  The cost is €10.  It is a 5 minute walk to the Park Hyatt.

-There are also train options from CDG: the subway is located in terminal 2E/2F, to get to paris its ligne B (Blue) it should take approximately 30minutes to get to Gare Du Nord
it cost 9€10 each way per person

- Mendy Taxi: 0(1133) 6 50 99 82 93 http://mendystransport.com/en/
- Shimon taxi: 0(1133)6 98 27 16 08  Tamidshuttle@gmail.com

- Uber, Bolt are the best option to get to paris cheapest and fastest

Metro:
The subway is fast, efficient, and cheap. A book of 10 tickets is 13,30€ for adults and 6,65€ for kids.
The subway closes between 12:30 and 2am.

Map:
Streetwise Paris cannot emphasize enough, this is really a must. Of course, if you have GMaps and data you don't need this map unless you really like paper.

Guidebooks
Rick Steves' Paris 2013
Fodor's Paris 2013 (Full-color Travel Guide)

Other Tips
-If you plan on visiting several of the items covered by the Museum Pass - make sure to check it out and price out your options.  Many times it is worth it to get a one-day or multi-day Museum Pass to save some money and more importantly, time (see link for more details: http://en.parismuseumpass.com/)
-Double check days when museums/sites are closed as many do close on different days of the week.
« Last edited by yitzy93 on November 27, 2023, 04:50:39 PM »

Author Topic: Paris Master Thread  (Read 947176 times)

Offline Finckmyster

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Paris Master Thread
« Reply #240 on: August 16, 2011, 02:58:12 PM »
You can ask the Park Hyatt chef.  They got us a high plate of different C.Y. french cheeses for breakfast one day.

Dan,

I am not staying there, I am staying at Holiday Inn Gare De L Est,

But thanks

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #241 on: August 16, 2011, 03:00:45 PM »
Dan,

I am not staying there, I am staying at Holiday Inn Gare De L Est,

But thanks
Doesn't mean you can't call (or stop in) and ask the concierge or chef.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Finckmyster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 16, 2011, 03:20:08 PM »
Doesn't mean you can't call (or stop in) and ask the concierge or chef.
[/quote

That is true, Good idea, will try to see if they can direct me in the right direction

Thanks again

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #243 on: August 16, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
We are at PH paris...all the restaurants said they were closing the kitchen at 11 pm.

Apparently Le Shine will deliver for free as long as you get your order in by 11pm. Thank the lord for Google translate...we were actually able to understand what we were ordering/eating. Food was pretty good...

We have our kosher breakfast on order for tomorrow AM. No mention of any Champagne and the bottle of wine in the room doesn't appear to be kosher. The room is pretty nice although i hope this is not the best part of our stay in Paris ;)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2011, 05:45:43 PM »
We are at PH paris...all the restaurants said they were closing the kitchen at 11 pm.

Apparently Le Shine will deliver for free as long as you get your order in by 11pm. Thank the lord for Google translate...we were actually able to understand what we were ordering/eating. Food was pretty good...

We have our kosher breakfast on order for tomorrow AM. No mention of any Champagne and the bottle of wine in the room doesn't appear to be kosher. The room is pretty nice although i hope this is not the best part of our stay in Paris ;)
Lol...
You should have asked for kosher wine.  If you are celebrating a bday or anniversary, etc then you can ask about kosher champagne.
You should definitely talk to the chef about breakfast options or else you'll probably get garbage.
Don't miss the spa area in the PH with a hot tub and 2 saunas where we never found another soul, a nice little secret.

Le Shine is pretty good, nice to know they have free delivery!  What did you get?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2011, 06:05:13 PM »
Lol...
You should have asked for kosher wine.  If you are celebrating a bday or anniversary, etc then you can ask about kosher champagne.
You should definitely talk to the chef about breakfast options or else you'll probably get garbage.
Don't miss the spa area in the PH with a hot tub and 2 saunas where we never found another soul, a nice little secret.

We actually just spoke to room service about breakfast...they said for tomorrow its too late to make requests. They asked what i normally have for breakfast and i said eggs (didnt know what else to say as i dont usually eat breakfast. ;))
They said they will see what they can do about getting us eggs for the next day...I guess i can try speaking to the chef...im not sure what to ask for. I mean, can i ask for some pizza? That would make a nice breakfast (errr lunch).

I should just call down and ask if they have kosher champagne for our honeymoon instead of the wine in the room? Is a bottle of wine always complimentary?

Le Shine is pretty good, nice to know they have free delivery!  What did you get?
We got the egg rolls, they were ok...
We got beef lomein, beef in some kind of basil sauce (actually pretty good...a tad spicy), white rice, some kind called samoussa, and a chocolate cake for desert
Overall, it was decent food delivered at 11 PM for 45 euro. Perhaps we'll try the sushi tomorrow...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:16:28 PM by David »

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2011, 02:56:11 AM »
We got turned down for the eggs because they would have no way to keep it hot.

The breakfast this AM was kind of measly: 2 rolls and 3-4 small pastries. Will have to make some kind of request for tomorrow (we are both not big on cheese...) The interesting part was that they put the box from the bakery into the room service warmer. It didn't feel like it got that hot and we took it our right away, but id guess it could be problematic if left in there too long...(im no rabbinic authority ;D)

Im not sure if this was discussed, but the PH has a 4 page list of DVD's that can be rented for free (not sure if only free for diamond) They give you the list and you call down with your selections...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:00:46 AM by David »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2011, 03:09:41 AM »
We got turned down for the eggs because they would have no way to keep it hot.

The breakfast this AM was kind of measly: 2 rolls and 3-4 small pastries. Will have to make some kind of request for tomorrow (we are both not big on cheese...) The interesting part was that they put the box from the bakery into the room service warmer. It didn't feel like it got that hot and we took it our right away, but id guess it could be problematic if left in there too long...(im no rabbinic authority ;D)

Im not sure if this was discussed, but the PH has a 4 page list of DVD's that can be rented for free (not sure if only free for diamond) They give you the list and you call down with your selections...
Call them and tell them you were really disappointing with the quantity of food.
Ask for juices, bread, jams, yogurt. more pastries, etc.
See if they'll buy it from Korcarz and be sure to ask for some mini lemon meringue pies.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 17, 2011, 03:24:06 AM »
Call them and tell them you were really disappointing with the quantity of food.
Ask for juices, bread, jams, yogurt. more pastries, etc.
See if they'll buy it from Korcarz and be sure to ask for some mini lemon meringue pies.
Thanks...i meant 2 rolls and 3 pastries "each". So total 4 rolls and 6 pastries.
Im going to ask them for bagels with lox and cream cheese for tomorrow as well as some other smoked fish(s). We'll see what that turns up...Ill also ask them to get the bread and pastries from korcarz

Strange- i called down and spoke to the room service manager. He said they can only get the bread and pastries from that bakery they work with. He said no to lox or cheese...he said anything else would cost us extra...Didnt even try to get some champagne...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:08:23 AM by David »

Offline BrooklynCPA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »
They don't seem to give personalized breakfast anymore like they did for Dan. There have a standard breakfast package that includes a few small pastries and a roll with a small packet of butter and Jam. If you want a fancy breakfast they make you pay.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2011, 12:31:15 PM »
They don't seem to give personalized breakfast anymore like they did for Dan. There have a standard breakfast package that includes a few small pastries and a roll with a small packet of butter and Jam. If you want a fancy breakfast they make you pay.
Yep thats the gist i am getting. We shall see what we get tomorrow AM

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2011, 12:59:15 PM »
That's too bad.  I saw on my bill that they spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on my food.  'Twas too good to last!

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »
That's too bad.  I saw on my bill that they spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on my food.  'Twas too good to last!

Yep...i spoke to someone from guest relations tonight. He said that last year they had alot of requests and it was all mayhem (i guess the amount they were spending...). He said they had a meeting and decided on what they would be providing from now on...they offered to arrange the foods we want at an additional cost.

I asked them about a bottle of kosher wine or champagne and they said they have a bottle at the restaurant but its too expensive to be given instead of the non-kosher bottle in the room.
They did offer us the bottle of perfume spray that was designed specifically for them and is used throughout the hotel.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:24:22 PM by David »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2011, 05:34:03 PM »
Yep...i spoke to someone from guest relations tonight. He said that last year they had alot of requests and it was all mayhem (i guess the amount they were spending...). He said they had a meeting and decided on what they would be providing from now on...they offered to arrange the foods we want at an additional cost.

I asked them about a bottle of kosher wine or champagne and they said they have a bottle at the restaurant but its too expensive to be given instead of the non-kosher bottle in the room.
They did offer us the bottle of perfume spray that was designed specifically for them and is used throughout the hotel.

Wow, 2 thumbs down...
I guess I won't be getting any more expensive kosher champagnes when I come back to Paris. :(

Talk to the GM.  Tell him what you expect from a Park Hyatt hotel.  They allow diamonds to spend an awful lot in their restaurant on breakfast.  Doesn't seem fair to give a few small pastries and nothing more substantial.
Park Hyatt Sydney/Melbourne went all out in getting us free hot kosher breakfasts and kosher wines...thumbs down to PH Paris for getting cheap.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2011, 04:01:09 AM »
i saw a few mention the spa here at the PH. Are these services being had for free somehow? The prices look kind of high (although i can honestly say ive never been to a spa in my life so dont know what prices should be...

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2011, 04:30:04 AM »
Has anyone ever eaten here: http://www.lemilk.fr/ ?(turn down your volume before clicking on the link ;))
it looks pretty good...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2011, 12:28:16 PM »
Has anyone ever eaten here: http://www.lemilk.fr/ ?(turn down your volume before clicking on the link ;))
it looks pretty good...
Nope, but while you're in the 19th don't miss the 2 chocolate shops!

Have you been to Pitzman or Darjeeling yet?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2011, 01:18:31 PM »
Nope, but while you're in the 19th don't miss the 2 chocolate shops!

Have you been to Pitzman or Darjeeling yet?
We were there today- we saw only 1 chocolate shop...Ardeleys. We didnt see the other one. Is it worth going back?

We went to Darjeeling-was not impressed. The appetizers were much better than the entrees. Pitzman was delicious!
We went to Tibs today for lunch- the food was pretty good there as well.

Dan, when you went to the spa- was that comped? Or did you pay these prices?

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2011, 01:22:37 PM »
Personally found Tibs a little pricey.
Couple doors down, La Marina is much better value.

And a couple doors further down is Damyel. Amazing pareve chocolate!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:26:10 PM by aussiebochur »

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2011, 01:27:04 PM »
Personally found Tibs a little pricey.
Couple doors down, La Marina is much better value.
Pricey? everything here is pricey! I mean a small box of chocolate set us back $45. Every meal ends up being 50 euro ($75).
Im curious about the spa here...it seems id be paying quite a bit of money if we go there. Is that what people are doing?