Author Topic: Chase "Leverage"  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Fefferkorn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase "Leverage"
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:08:00 AM »
What's the difference between 1) closing a card with recon in order to move the CL to a new card or 2) closing a card but first moving the CL to an existing card before even applying and then using just that CL part from the already closed card which is now in an existing card to get the new card pushed through?

In both cases you end up with one closed card and the CL transferred over to a new card. Does one way work better than the other?

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chase "Leverage"
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 07:47:06 AM »
What's the difference between 1) closing a card with recon in order to move the CL to a new card or 2) closing a card but first moving the CL to an existing card before even applying and then using just that CL part from the already closed card which is now in an existing card to get the new card pushed through?

In both cases you end up with one closed card and the CL transferred over to a new card. Does one way work better than the other?
The first way gives you slightly more leverage in opening a new card IME
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Chase "Leverage"
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 10:19:05 AM »
IME I've been told I've got too much credit and too many open accounts.  With option 1, I can satisfy both of a rep's issues.  With option 2, a rep may still have a problem with me having too many open accounts, and now I'd have to close another card to satisfy that rep.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »
IME I've been told I've got too much credit and too many open accounts.  With option 1, I can satisfy both of a rep's issues.  With option 2, a rep may still have a problem with me having too many open accounts, and now I'd have to close another card to satisfy that rep.
+1
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Fefferkorn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 11:57:02 AM »
Nice diyuk. Is that the only factor though?

It might actually come in "handy" because I have a BA that the annual fee is bound to happen very soon and I don't think I'll have enough time to talk to recon before that fee kicks in (I havent even applied yet), so I'm planing to transfer my CL to the CO card which I have to close anyway before I go for the UA (my CO is getting converted to a UA explorer, I'm getting updates about that in my inbox).

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chase "Leverage"
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 12:22:49 PM »
Nice diyuk. Is that the only factor though?

It might actually come in "handy" because I have a BA that the annual fee is bound to happen very soon and I don't think I'll have enough time to talk to recon before that fee kicks in (I havent even applied yet), so I'm planing to transfer my CL to the CO card which I have to close anyway before I go for the UA (my CO is getting converted to a UA explorer, I'm getting updates about that in my inbox).
You have 30 days after the free is charged
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »
You have 30 days after the free is charged
Last I called, I heard from multiple agents it was 60 days. be sure to note the date on the statement that the annual fee posts, as that is the relevant date for calculating the 60 days. (Some agents have erroneously told me its 60 days from the statement closing date)

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 01:40:24 PM »
Nice diyuk.  Is that the only factor though?

?
Google translate didn't help me out with that one.

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 01:41:38 PM »
?
Google translate didn't help me out with that one.

Derivation