Author Topic: Utah Master Thread  (Read 25437 times)

Offline chaimh770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Utah Master Thread
« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2020, 06:12:08 PM »
Anyone know of someone familiar with Zion National Park that can be a tour guide for a large group? Specifically want to do the narrows

Offline chaimh770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2020, 06:14:23 PM »
Has anyone been to Red Canyon aka Peek-A-Boo Canyon? I wanted to go to Antelope Canyon but it will most likely still be closed in July, I was told the Red Canyon in Kenab, UT is most similiar to it.
Would also love to know.. is it actually similar? What's it like?

Offline Divora M

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2020, 06:34:43 PM »
I have no idea. What is wrong with the road conditions?

Sand that cars can easily get stuck in and they said rental insurance wonít cover it.

Offline JunkYardUnz

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2020, 06:37:32 PM »
Anyone know of someone familiar with Zion National Park that can be a tour guide for a large group? Specifically want to do the narrows
Donít just plan around the narrows, we were there for a few days and each day it was high risk for flooding. Didnít end up doing that hike. We did something else similar itís call Kannara Creek.

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2020, 06:49:16 PM »
We didn't do Peek-a-boo, but it's supposed to be amazing. Some of the slot canyons require a fair amount of off-road driving, which can be an issue depending on your rental rules and personal comfort. I still don't think it's the same as Antelope, which is famous for its midday light rays that you won't find elsewhere.

But for the actual slot canyon experience, which is amazing for kids, you can definitely find substitutes in Utah, possibly even better, since you won't be subject to the tour guide's timing and regulations. We went to Little Wild Horse and had an amazing time. It's also right near Goblin Valley, which to me is a can't miss.

Offline Divora M

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 24, 2020, 12:34:44 AM »
We didn't do Peek-a-boo, but it's supposed to be amazing. Some of the slot canyons require a fair amount of off-road driving, which can be an issue depending on your rental rules and personal comfort. I still don't think it's the same as Antelope, which is famous for its midday light rays that you won't find elsewhere.

But for the actual slot canyon experience, which is amazing for kids, you can definitely find substitutes in Utah, possibly even better, since you won't be subject to the tour guide's timing and regulations. We went to Little Wild Horse and had an amazing time. It's also right near Goblin Valley, which to me is a can't miss.

Thanks, we will be in Page, AZ so Kenab is doable in one day but Little Wild Horse will be too far.