Author Topic: Am i crazy to show a Cap1 my credit reports?  (Read 5299 times)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
Am i crazy to show a Cap1 my credit reports?
« on: April 29, 2012, 04:42:10 PM »
I applied for the capital one venture and was (IMO- wrongfully) denied within 60 seconds of the app which means the computer denied me autmatically.

I called them and finally got them to agree to have a human look at my app. The reason for denial was not consistent with what my credit report showed when i pulled it a day later.

They asked me to fax them a copy of my credit report for them to review. I would be sending them copies of the big packet credit secure (amex) sends you when you enroll with them.

It shows my 3 credit reports and scores...

Is there anything in there that they couldn't already see that i dont want them to see? Capital one pulled all 3 reports anyways...

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Am i crazy to show a Cap1 my credit reports?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:18:40 PM »
What did they claim to see (that presumably is not there)?

And if they already have all 3 reports, what will you sending them a copy of the report from AmEx help?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 11:25:54 PM »
What did they claim to see (that presumably is not there)?

And if they already have all 3 reports, what will you sending them a copy of the report from AmEx help?

They claimed too many recent inquiries on experian when there really were not that many (maybe 5 in past 12 months and 0 in past 6 months)

They also claimed my scores were significantly lower than they were.

I was thinking that sending them a copy will get a human to review the application. I have never been denied for a CC before (aside from AA and chase churning). Cap1 in general does not have recon and am hoping that if a human reviews the app, they will approve it. The original denial was instant online.

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 11:29:51 PM »
They will want reports from the big three. I don't think they will accept CS from Amex.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 11:30:22 PM »
They will want reports from the big three. I don't think they will accept CS from Amex.
cant hurt to try - the reports themselves are actual reports

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »
cant hurt to try - the reports themselves are actual reports
They are considered FAKO reports.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 11:32:27 PM »
1) 5 inquiries in the past 12 months may not sound like a lot to you, but it very well may sound like a lot to Cap1, and, unfortunately, its Cap1 who matters.

2) The scores you're seeing from AmEx Secure are not FICO scores; they're FAKO. There could very well be a sizeable discrepancy between the two.

3) You sending them AmEx Secure reports, i.e. not directly from the CRAs, are not likely going to change anyone's mind, especially in view of the above two points.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 11:38:24 PM »
1) 5 inquiries in the past 12 months may not sound like a lot to you, but it very well may sound like a lot to Cap1, and, unfortunately, its Cap1 who matters.

2) The scores you're seeing from AmEx Secure are not FICO scores; they're FAKO. There could very well be a sizeable discrepancy between the two.

3) You sending them AmEx Secure reports, i.e. not directly from the CRAs, are not likely going to change anyone's mind, especially in view of the above two points.

My thoughts are that it cant hurt...i was already denied...the worse that can happen (unless im overlooking something) is they will keep their decision.

I was thinking that if a human with a brain were to review my app and see i have excellent credit, an excellent job and excellent income, he would overrule the automatic denial the computer spit out.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 11:40:13 PM »
My thoughts are that it cant hurt...i was already denied...the worse that can happen (unless im overlooking something) is they will keep their decision.

I was thinking that if a human with a brain were to review my app and see i have excellent credit, an excellent job and excellent income, he would overrule the automatic denial the computer spit out.

That may be, but how will sending them FAKO scores and reports change that? It seems all you're seeking is human intervention/review.

Why not just get a human to review the reports they obviously already have?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 11:44:22 PM »
That may be, but how will sending them FAKO scores and reports change that? It seems all you're seeking is human intervention/review.

Why not just get a human to review the reports they obviously already have?

Human intervention is indeed all i am seeking.

I tried...fought on the phone with them for an hour with no success as they dont have a recon department and will not review an app, period. I finally convinced her to have it reviewed based on the report i pulled being inconsistent with theirs. She told me someone would contact me if they needed more info. No one contacted me for 3 weeks and when i called back to check the status they told me they were waiting for me to fax over my reports.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 11:46:41 PM »
Human intervention is indeed all i am seeking.

I tried...fought on the phone with them for an hour with no success as they dont have a recon department and will not review an app, period. I finally convinced her to have it reviewed based on the report i pulled being inconsistent with theirs. She told me someone would contact me if they needed more info. No one contacted me for 3 weeks and when i called back to check the status they told me they were waiting for me to fax over my reports.

I understand. Well, it seems you got the human intervention part down. But, again, I'm just not sure it'll matter in light of the other issues (# of inquiries, and score being "inaccurate"). That said, I wish you luck!

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 11:48:28 PM »
I understand. Well, it seems you got the human intervention part down. But, again, I'm just not sure it'll matter in light of the other issues (# of inquiries, and score being "inaccurate"). That said, I wish you luck!

Thanks...now that we established what im doing and why...do you think there is anything in these reports that Cap1 doesnt know already and is there any harm in providing them with all these details?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 11:52:08 PM »
Thanks...now that we established what im doing and why...do you think there is anything in these reports that Cap1 doesnt know already and is there any harm in providing them with all these details?

AFAIK, there is nothing in the reports you are getting that a potential creditor like Cap1 would not already have access to, assuming, of course, that they did in fact pull all three reports.

(That would obviously be different had the potential creditor, i.e. Cap1, not pulled all three reports.)

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 11:52:42 PM »
If they pulled all three of your reports why not just get a copy of all three directly from the big three. You get them for free since you were denied credit.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 11:57:09 PM »
If they pulled all three of your reports why not just get a copy of all three directly from the big three. You get them for free since you were denied credit.
I probably should have done that a month ago when they denied me...couldnt they say things have changed since then? The one from amex is dated the day after the app.

Do you think it will make that much of a difference? I really dont want to hock around with it

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 12:00:41 AM »
IMHO it will not matter but it also will not hurt. If you have the time then go for it.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 12:03:44 AM »
IMHO it will not matter but it also will not hurt. If you have the time then go for it.
Its already been a month since they asked me to send it in (although they didnt really ask me to until i called this past Thursday night and claimed they had asked for it a month ago).

Im thinking if they still deny the app, i can claim they were not real reports and i will get them real reports and perhaps someone else will review it ;D

I really dont need the 100k miles(have more than i can possibly use)...i just dont like having the denial.

Offline gozalim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 01:11:31 AM »
I probably should have done that a month ago when they denied me...couldnt they say things have changed since then? The one from amex is dated the day after the app.

Do you think it will make that much of a difference? I really dont want to hock around with it
it definitely makes that much difference. anything but actual reports is less than meaningless to them. even if things did change since then, they should consider by the new info. besides, if you're still within the eligibility period (30 days) since the rejection, I believe they'll give you the actual report which they gave the creditor.
don't be lazy/ignorant, get the original reports and send them.
I really dont need the 100k miles(have more than i can possibly use)...i just dont like having the denial.
did you not understand what you're signing up for? those miles are $.01 each. or $1000 cash! if you can't use them, I'll be happy to take them off your hands...

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 03:48:23 PM »
i applied for the venture and got denied, i called the executive office to have someone take a second look on my application. waiting for response
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ