Author Topic: ticket on rented car  (Read 1409 times)

Offline creditor

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
ticket on rented car
« on: April 28, 2012, 03:51:56 PM »
got a parking violation on a rented car, called up wefightticets.com they said, it takes two weeks to show up in the system, meaning, they can't fight it before.
problem is once the car rental gets billed [which is right after the two weeks] they charge you for the ticket+a fee.
so they suggested I call the rental tell them that I can take care of that myself so they should give some time.
called rental, they said the only way to take care of it myself would he to pay it within the two weeks.
how would you guys handle that ?
would it be smart to block this rental co. from charging myb[amex] CC ?
any other ideas?
I'm just say'in©®

Offline EliteMavin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Starwood Gold, Delta silver medallion, Hilton Gold
Re: ticket on rented car
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 01:07:44 AM »
I got a parking ticket in Montreal, while renting from Enterprise. Didn't pay the ticket, but was later charged by Enterprise, for the amount of the ticket...Don't recall of any additional fees...

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 02:25:59 PM »
would it be smart to block this rental co. from charging myb[amex] CC ?
any other ideas?

I would pay the ticket and be done with it.  If you legitimately committed a parking violation and got caught, it's not worth the hassle to do anything beyond that (unless you want to be unethical....which in that case we can move this to the ethics thread).  A couple of years ago I rented with Dollar in Florida and got a parking violation.  I ignored/forgot about it, and later my CC was charged the fine + administrative costs.

Offline creditor

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: ticket on rented car
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 02:45:22 PM »
I would pay the ticket and be done with it.  If you legitimately committed a parking violation and got caught, it's not worth the hassle to do anything beyond that (unless you want to be unethical....which in that case we can move this to the ethics thread).  A couple of years ago I rented with Dollar in Florida and got a parking violation.  I ignored/forgot about it, and later my CC was charged the fine + administrative costs.
if I received a parking vio. by parking at a hydrant which was totally covered by garbage [took pictures of it] I think its mr. Bloomberg and his workers, who are unethical.
besides, fighting a ticket via Court etc. is a legitimate process, every US citizen. is entitled to.

I wasn't trying to just dispute the charge etc. I was talking about preventing being double charged by the rental + my own payment.

how ethical is that, to charge you even if you pay the ticket?

if you had a bad experience it doesn't mean you should do t'shuvas ha'miskal and give me this 'tshh its unethical'
thanks for your advice anyway
I'm just say'in©®

Offline Bh101

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 06:05:53 PM »
this isnt knocking mayor blomberg he had nothing to do with it, how come when ever someone gets upset they just blame everybody else such as the mayor? as well as in my experience the rental company will refund the cost of the ticket if u ask them afterward while assuring them that u will take care of it.

Offline TC610

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 06:24:59 PM »
if I received a parking vio. by parking at a hydrant which was totally covered by garbage [took pictures of it] I think its mr. Bloomberg and his workers, who are unethical.
besides, fighting a ticket via Court etc. is a legitimate process, every US citizen. is entitled to.

I wasn't trying to just dispute the charge etc. I was talking about preventing being double charged by the rental + my own payment.

how ethical is that, to charge you even if you pay the ticket?

if you had a bad experience it doesn't mean you should do t'shuvas ha'miskal and give me this 'tshh its unethical'
thanks for your advice anyway

My apologies.  I would not have said the majority of that had you initially told the entire story.  You made it seem like you got a ticket and just wanted to find a way out of it.