Author Topic: 5 UR Points on All Spend  (Read 28936 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: 5 UR Points on All Spend
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2012, 02:44:39 PM »
That was a terrible post, although at least he disclosed they're paying him for it.
Sorry, but a disclosure like that doesn't exempt you from a terrible post.

Chase put heavy pressure on me to make a post on the Disney card but I stood my ground.  I'm not going to post something I don't believe in.  The cards I do make a post on are cards that I very likely have myself.
In fact what I think is one thing that differentiates me from the other bloggers is that I play the churning game at a much higher level than they do and can report my experience rather than hearsay and regurgitated incorrect info.

As an aside, now that most the bloggers caveat their cc links that they'll earn a referral fee, have you considered doing the same? If not, why?
FTG and I have been in the cc business years before everyone else came along.  Both of us have compensation disclosures on the sides of our sites and I don't think it's a secret that I earn my living from ad and referrals on the site.
Frankly I find the disclosure in every other post to be obnoxious.  I mean does anyone reading the blogs not know this information already that Gary and the gang need to post it every single day  ::)
I mean does that disclosure in every other post really matter to you that much?

It's not unusual for cards to change bonus terms.
Sure, offers can change.  But posts about nothing with no basis are just pointless IMHO.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:47:45 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2012, 02:52:40 PM »
Would be nice if that was done for all r@ppy posts like MR merchandise redemption, would be awesome IMHO.
Or to have a post explaining why selling MR points for 1cpm is a great deal.

Sorry, but a disclosure like that doesn't exempt you from a terrible post.

Chase put heavy pressure on me to make a post on the Disney card but I stood my ground.  I'm not going to post something I don't believe in.  The cards I do make a post on are cards that I very likely have myself.
In fact what I think is one thing that differentiates me from the other bloggers is that I play the churning game at a much higher level than they do and can report my experience rather than hearsay and regurgitated incorrect info.
FTG and I have been in the cc business years before everyone else came along.  Both of us have compensation disclosures on the sides of our sites and I don't think it's a secret that I earn my living from ad and referrals on the site.
Frankly I find the disclosure in every other post to be obnoxious.  I mean does anyone reading the blogs not know this information already that Gary and the gang need to post it every single day  ::)
I mean does that disclosure in every other post really matter to you that much?
Sure, offers can change.  But posts about nothing with no basis are just pointless IMHO.

Kol hakavod about the Disney card, although I believe FTG has posted about it in the past.

W/ regards to the referrals, most regulars know this. It's the ppl asking the noob questions (most of the comments) that probably wouldn't know it.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2012, 02:57:53 PM »
Or to have a post explaining why selling MR points for 1cpm is a great deal.

Kol hakavod about the Disney card, although I believe FTG has posted about it in the past.

W/ regards to the referrals, most regulars know this. It's the ppl asking the noob questions (most of the comments) that probably wouldn't know it.
Lots of bloggers posted about the Disney card and I know exactly why. IMHO it's one thing to push things you yourself believe in, it's another to start pushing out garbage, that's when you cross the line.
I do the same thing with many paid ad offers, if it's not something I believe in I turn it down.  This happens every day.

So it's worth having an annoying repetitive disclosure for the n00bs sake? Have 'em read it in the sidebar IMO :P
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2012, 03:06:36 PM »
Lots of bloggers posted about the Disney card and I know exactly why. IMHO it's one thing to push things you yourself believe in, it's another to start pushing out garbage, that's when you cross the line.

Not to open up a can of worms, but some people may (understandably) feel the same way about promoting an affiliate offer for a card instead of a more lucrative, publicly available, non-affiliate offer.

Credit must be given to those bloggers, even the annoying ones, that disclose that, IMHO.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »
Not to open up a can of worms, but some people may (understandably) feel the same way about promoting an affiliate offer for a card instead of a more lucrative, publicly available, non-affiliate offer.

Credit must be given to those bloggers, even the annoying ones, that disclose that, IMHO.
Fair enough. 
It's the reason I didn't make a post on the AA 50K for $10K offer like most bloggers did.  Personally it was a little awkward to read the reasons bloggers posted to apply with the aff link for that one so I didn't jump on that bandwagon.

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »

+100

One of my gripes. Many noobs arent going to remember, or push, to be matched up.

Another gripe I have are the links to shopping sites where you receive the cb kickback w/o disclosing it. While I'm all for supporting the site and your hard work, if I can get 10% cb by going through a portal, by golly, that's what I'm going to do.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2012, 03:17:31 PM »
+100

One of my gripes. Many noobs arent going to remember, or push, to be matched up.

Another gripe I have are the links to shopping sites where you receive the cb kickback w/o disclosing it. While I'm all for supporting the site and your hard work, if I can get 10% cb by going through a portal, by golly, that's what I'm going to do.
Sorry but it's not that hard to get matched to 55K+$50 on UA.  Don't underestimate the n00bs.  And it's also not that easy to get such an offer to show up anyway, you think a n00b will figure that one out? I think you have it backwards.

So you have a problem that I earn a living off commissions and that's why you're constantly at my throat?

If people know how to go get their % back then go right ahead, but I'm at fault for trying to make a living off providing a service for free (finding deals for 16 hours a day) and then not also shooting myself in the foot to make sure I make nothing for my work??

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »
Sorry but it's not that hard to get matched to 55K+$50 on UA.  Don't underestimate the n00bs.  And it's also not that easy to get such an offer to show up anyway, you think a n00b will figure that one out? I think you have it backwards.

So you have a problem that I earn a living off commissions and that's why you're constantly at my throat?

If people know how to go get their % back then go ahead, but I'm at fault for trying to make a living off providing a service for free (finding deals) and then not also shooting myself in the foot?
Usually, UA was available by logging into your account if you had miles. Not too difficult.

I don't mean to be 'constantly' at your throat, and if I am, I apologize.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2012, 03:21:09 PM »
Usually, UA was available by logging into your account if you had miles. Not too difficult.
-1.  I'm hardly a n00b and it never worked for me.
It also was usually not for 55K+$50 anyway, so an SM would be required for that.

Offline dirah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2012, 06:09:19 PM »
Chase put heavy pressure on me to make a post on the Disney card but I stood my ground.
What type of pressure can Chase apply?
Just curious, no need to reply if its none of my business.

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2012, 06:22:09 PM »
Why don’t you see blogs that push cash back cards? Is it because the referral money is not there? Let’s not make this into a CB vs. miles/points thing.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2012, 06:22:58 PM »
Why don’t you see blogs that push cash back cards? Is it because the referral money is not there? Let’s not make this into a CB vs. miles/points thing.
No, it's because the signup bonuses aren't there and that's what drives most people to open cards.

Offline robi

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2012, 07:44:59 PM »
-1.  I'm hardly a n00b and it never worked for me.
It also was usually not for 55K+$50 anyway, so an SM would be required for that.
+1. Have yet to see it, tried numerous times
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"

Offline chaimmayer

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »
No worries, MMS would spill the beans. W/ arrows and e/t.
Did you see where frquentmiler made fun of mms weraing a bowtie and then had a big yeelow arrow to show the bowtie ;D ;D ;D

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2012, 12:52:53 AM »
What type of pressure can Chase apply?
Just curious, no need to reply if its none of my business.
They pay out big bux to bloggers (and others) for referral fees.

Offline ye

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »
Does anyone know where I can get prepaids at an office supply store near Brooklyn, Lakewood, or Monsey in denominations of at least $500?
Do not need ability to cash out, they are for legit payments of $15k. Max I have been able to find is $200.

Thanks

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2012, 10:02:59 AM »
OD

Offline Kool Deals

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »
I just got delta AMEX and blue cash AMEX
I need to spend $1500 if I spend it only on vanilla reloadable will they close me down or not give me sighn up bonus???

Offline Kool Deals

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2012, 10:07:39 PM »
I just got delta AMEX and blue cash AMEX
I need to spend $1500 if I spend it only on vanilla reloadable then transfer to bluebird then pay off my blue cash and delta will they close me down or not give me sighn up bonus??? Or it's safe???

Offline ye

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2012, 02:54:16 PM »
OD
Was @ an OD that only had prepaids up to $50, and temporary amex prepaids with a big sign saying that max load with a CC is $200.
Another OD had no sign, and Visa & amex GC's loadable up to $500, but they had to ring up each card as a separate transaction, and would not allow me to combine office supplies in the same purchase.
Any chance this is to let the CC co. know that it's a GC and not issue bonus points?