Author Topic: Blackberry Q10  (Read 69011 times)

Offline brubinfeld

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Blackberry 10 Unveiled
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2013, 09:34:15 AM »
Besides the browser being faster, opening apps are also faster.

I saw on youtube video comparisons
it is very very strong operating system and I have yet to get a lag or a delay and I have been using this phone for over a month now

Offline Solomon

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2013, 10:57:25 PM »
Kevin O'Leary of Dragon's Den, Shark Tank and Lang & O'Leary Exchange has declared that he's "dumped his iPhone" in favour of the "absolutely amazing" Blackberry Z10. Also stating that, "this (Z10) is the BEST technology on the market today until somebody else surpasses it. I've switched. I always have the best."

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2013, 11:12:48 PM »
it is very very strong operating system and I have yet to get a lag or a delay and I have been using this phone for over a month now

I've used it today for a couple of hours, and found at least one thing to be extremely slow. When looking at recent calls, switching from All Calls to Missed Calls takes around 3(!) seconds. Worse,  if you "slide" the button (instead of clicking) from All Calls to Missed Calls, it takes around 5(!!! holy moly!) seconds to bring up missed calls. These are my experiences and I tried it about ten times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Let me know if you can replicate it.

Overall, the z10 doesn't feel like a polished, intuitive product. Email is 2 swipes away, and its mixed in a jumble of other apps. There is no application list, at least none I could find. I honestly have no idea why anyone would want this over an iphone. And for iphone haters, I can't see why anyone would take this over the galaxy, which is out of the z10s league.
Visibly Jewish

Offline springles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2013, 11:13:15 PM »
Kevin O'Leary of Dragon's Den, Shark Tank and Lang & O'Leary Exchange has declared that he's "dumped his iPhone" in favour of the "absolutely amazing" Blackberry Z10. Also stating that, "this (Z10) is the BEST technology on the market today until somebody else surpasses it. I've switched. I always have the best."

I dont know why we care what phone O'leary has.  I love shark tank but really who cares? But what he is alluding to is a decent point, this is unlike any other touch keyboard.
I went into a verizon store today and spent about 20 minutes with the z10 and was really impressed with the keyboard.  I have always said that I will wait for the q10 since I need a physical keyboard.  I have used the iphone, galaxy, and other android keyboards and i never liked any of them, no matter what swype of other typing feature they had.  But the predictive text and flicking the words up really works well and even if not using that I was able to type pretty quickly with no errors.  It definitely got me rethinking my stance on keyboards.
As a whole the phone seemed very good.  Like others have said it doesnt knock your socks off with any one thing (other than the keyboard) but I didnt feel it was lacking in any one feature either.  I see a lack of apps as their main issue and if they can get that solved then this OS and device far exceeded my expectations.  And in the meantime the idea of side loading android apps seems interesting.

Offline mena613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2013, 04:36:14 AM »

Does this new Blackberry offer "phonecalls recording ?

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2013, 12:17:47 PM »
Lets continue "technical" talk here...
ETA - Not a problem Mods?

Offline yehuda S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2013, 03:16:43 PM »
If I had time I'd sit down and write up the 15 really nice things about the Z10 and the 20 ridiculously annoying things which for sure outweigh the nice ones both in quality and quantity.

---as compared to the iphone 5
Work is what you do between vacations.

Offline Name Changed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »
I have used the Z10 for about a half an hour, and I was pretty impressed.

It wasn't in service, so I didn't get the full picture.

It feels pretty neat, as how it works with the icons, tiles, and hub.

The sliding to open, and navigation works well and makes sense. I found that they put a lot of hotkeys or items you would click in common places, like the phone and camera button on the main screen on the bottom.

I overall was really impressed that BB actually produced a device that is up to par to the iPhone 5

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2013, 04:04:12 PM »
When looking at recent calls, switching from All Calls to Missed Calls takes around 3(!) seconds. Worse,  if you "slide" the button (instead of clicking) from All Calls to Missed Calls, it takes around 5(!!! holy moly!) seconds to bring up missed calls. These are my experiences and I tried it about ten times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Let me know if you can replicate it.

Bump
Anyone else have this problem?
Visibly Jewish

Offline lfas25

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2013, 11:42:14 PM »
Bump
Anyone else have this problem?

I just tried several times, it went with no delay. I'm on a Verizon phone. (not sure if that makes a difference, though I know some carriers came out with an update already though not verizon)
I only paid 15% by switching to dansdeals

Offline lfas25

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2013, 11:43:57 PM »
Does this new Blackberry offer "phonecalls recording ?

If it does I did't notice it, not that I was looking for it..

Offline lfas25

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2013, 11:49:20 PM »
Ok. After testing the phone out for several days I'm going right back to my iPhone. If you are thinking of switching from the iphone to the blackberry I recommend that you don't.

I would love to hear what your issues are with the Z10, I have one for a couple of days already and I'm very happy with it.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2013, 11:59:55 PM »
I just tried several times, it went with no delay. I'm on a Verizon phone. (not sure if that makes a difference, though I know some carriers came out with an update already though not verizon)

It has the latest updates from Verizon. There are so many issues I can barely remember. My father in law synced all his contacts from his old phone with the new blackberry link, following all the instructions  and he lost many contacts, sometimes they don't even show up at all. Attachments on emails are a disaster, they weren't letting him download many of them and sometimes not showing up at all. QuickTime files weren't working nor were 3 different video formats. The phone is slow and it doesn't react quick to my touch. The OS does not make you feel naturally comfortable using it.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2013, 09:42:20 AM »
Anyone have any good recommendations on a case.

I have always hated phone cases, I rather by phone get a little banged up than be more bulkier, but with an all touch screen phone, I think I gotta put it in a case (I drop my phone often)

I want a slim skin.

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2013, 09:45:30 AM »
Anyone have any good recommendations on a case.

I have always hated phone cases, I rather by phone get a little banged up than be more bulkier, but with an all touch screen phone, I think I gotta put it in a case (I drop my phone often)

I want a slim skin.
I was wondering the same thing. Not sure if I want to get a case that works with a holster like the seidio surface case and holster or just a skin

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2013, 10:00:14 AM »
2 things crossed my mind

1. People are bashing BB that they kept the flimsy plastic back, I think they need to have that in order that the holster magnet works.

2. If the phone is in a Seidio type of clip (a skin, and then in the clip) - will the holster magnet work?

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2013, 10:14:59 AM »
2 things crossed my mind

1. People are bashing BB that they kept the flimsy plastic back, I think they need to have that in order that the holster magnet works.

2. If the phone is in a Seidio type of clip (a skin, and then in the clip) - will the holster magnet work?
I had a case and holster combo for my bold and the magnet worked

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2013, 10:36:57 AM »
Have a GNex with no case and dropped it many times. So far so good which is great as I also hate cases.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »
Have a GNex with no case and dropped it many times. So far so good which is great as I also hate cases.

That's why I like the Gnex. Not all phones can be dropped.

IMO the iPhone is the only phone that looks nice in a case. I think because of its shape.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2013, 11:07:06 AM »
I think I am going to go without the case for the z10, at least in the beginning.  Is a screen protector a must?