Topic Wiki

A very useful app loungebuddy.com

http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Main_Page

Lounges with Kosher food: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=10590.0
« Last edited by Novo on August 19, 2014, 09:29:58 PM »

Author Topic: Airport Lounges  (Read 615416 times)

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: airport lounges
« Reply #1620 on: October 20, 2016, 01:40:07 PM »
Only aa admirals club in 3.
i cancelled my Citi as executive 2 weeks ago. Will it still get me in?

Offline ual902

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 20, 2016, 02:09:20 PM »
1. Do I stand a chance if I flashed my fathers Amex Platinum  @ the Centurion SFO for entery? we share same last names, different first names.

Did not work

2. Has anyone ever asked nicely someone entering the Centurion  if they could guest them in?!!
I asked a nice Asian lady to let me in as her guest @The Amex Centurion SFO, she sent me flying, opted for the United Club SFO which is a pretty nice lounge.

Offline jsk173

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 20, 2016, 07:15:03 PM »
Good, and good.

(This guy tried to scam his way into the Centurion Lounge, got denied, and then planned to walk right back up to the lounge entry desk as the "guest" of some random lady? That's amazing, even by the standards of churner-board grifters.)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 09:06:09 PM by jsk173 »

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: October 20, 2016, 11:55:00 PM »
Good, and good.

(This guy tried to scam his way into the Centurion Lounge, got denied, and then planned to walk right back up to the lounge entry desk as the "guest" of some random lady? That's amazing, even by the standards of churner-board grifters.)

As far as briniging in a guest, I and many others would have no problem being a good samaritan and allowing a stranger as a guest in a lounge, its a freaking lounge not a bedroom.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: October 21, 2016, 12:24:03 AM »
As far as briniging in a guest, I and many others would have no problem being a good samaritan and allowing a stranger as a guest in a lounge, its a freaking lounge not a bedroom.
The guest policy is meant for traveling companions, not to give freebies to any two random people in the airport.

Engaging in the equivalent of panhandling outside an airport lounge is low-class behavior. (And trying to scam your way in with someone else's Amex card is even worse.)

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: October 22, 2016, 05:09:00 PM »
The guest policy is meant for traveling companions, not to give freebies to any two random people in the airport.

Engaging in the equivalent of panhandling outside an airport lounge is low-class behavior. (And trying to scam your way in with someone else's Amex card is even worse.)

Moral police...

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 22, 2016, 05:33:49 PM »
Moral police...
Scamming one's way into an airport lounge with someone else's credit card is theft, plain and simple. Morality has nothing to do with it.

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 22, 2016, 06:00:44 PM »
Scamming one's way into an airport lounge with someone else's credit card is theft, plain and simple. Morality has nothing to do with it.
It's not scam or theft, the cardholder is entitled to bring whomever they want as their guest.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 22, 2016, 06:17:42 PM »
It's not scam or theft, the cardholder is entitled to bring whomever they want as their guest.
Nonsense. The cardholder (the guy's father) wasn't there when he was trying to scam his way in.

Offline LoLo

• View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: October 23, 2016, 05:58:42 AM »
Nonsense. The cardholder (the guy's father) wasn't there when he was trying to scam his way in.
You quoted the wrong post than.

Offline ad120

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: October 23, 2016, 07:08:58 AM »
Regardless, who cares?

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 23, 2016, 08:11:41 AM »
Regardless, who cares?

Show me where it limits who someone can bring into the lounge as a guest. Then we can talk about theft if you'd like.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 23, 2016, 09:14:12 AM »
You quoted the wrong post than.
The post in question, re: this guy trying to use his father's Amex Plat, is no more than six or seven posts above.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: October 23, 2016, 09:16:47 AM »
Show me where it limits who someone can bring into the lounge as a guest. Then we can talk about theft if you'd like.
Are you being obtuse on purpose? I didn't say it was theft to enter as a guest. I said it was theft to scam one's way into a lounge using someone else's credit card/identity.

Also, quoting the terms re: guests is typical DD grifter nonsense. Anyone with 10 brain cells knows the intent of the guest policy is for traveling companions to have access, or maybe even someone the person met in the airport. It's certainly not for the cardholder to let any random two people into the lounge and then part ways as soon as they leave the check-in desk.

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: October 23, 2016, 12:00:09 PM »
It's certainly not for the cardholder to let any random two people into the lounge and then part ways as soon as they leave the check-in desk.

If the card holder meets someone at the airport even for 10 seconds at the airport he/she can guest them in, that is considerd a guest. And there is no rule they must be togther in the lounge.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: October 23, 2016, 01:05:05 PM »
Also, quoting the terms re: guests is typical DD grifter nonsense. Anyone with 10 brain cells knows the intent of the guest policy is for traveling companions to have access, or maybe even someone the person met in the airport. It's certainly not for the cardholder to let any random two people into the lounge and then part ways as soon as they leave the check-in desk.
If you believe that we must not only follow the actual T&C's but also what you believe to be the "intent" or "spirit" of the terms then I think you're on the wrong forum.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: October 23, 2016, 01:22:04 PM »
If the card holder meets someone at the airport even for 10 seconds at the airport he/she can guest them in, that is considerd a guest. And there is no rule they must be togther in the lounge.
I didn't say there was a rule — but, now that you mention it, most lounges do, in fact, have a rule requiring guests to leave the lounge as soon as the member/cardholder leaves.

Regardless, the point is, we all know that the guest policy isn't intended to be used in the way you tried to get that "nice Asian lady" to use it.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: October 23, 2016, 01:25:10 PM »
If you believe that we must not only follow the actual T&C's but also what you believe to be the "intent" or "spirit" of the terms then I think you're on the wrong forum.
LOL. Grifters like some of you people are why benefits are getting cut left and right.

Does anyone — anyone — think Amex wants people hanging outside their lounges hassling their cardholders to guest them in?

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: October 23, 2016, 05:03:46 PM »
LOL. Grifters like some of you people are why benefits are getting cut left and right.

Does anyone — anyone — think Amex wants people hanging outside their lounges hassling their cardholders to guest them in?

As long you are following the rules I dont see the issue. If your moral conscience doesn't allow you to do those types of things thats fine but don't start criticizing people for taking advantage of the rules amex created and could  modify at any time if they choose.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: October 23, 2016, 05:37:15 PM »
No, if things are done in the correct way, they don't get cut.
As long you are following the rules I dont see the issue. If your moral conscience doesn't allow you to do those types of things thats fine but don't start criticizing people for taking advantage of the rules amex created and could  modify at any time if they choose.
This
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy