Topic Wiki

This is the thread where you can ask any random question you have. Feel free to ask even the most basic questions that you otherwise might be embarrassed to ask. This is the thread for beginners, so veterans here will treat you nicely. Ask a beginner's Q in some other threads and no guarantee of that same treatment. ;)
People here want to help, so just have some patience, follow the tips below and hopefully someone will help you when they have a chance.

If you looking for a particular thread you once saw and can't find it, this is not the place to ask. Check out Help Me Find It and ask there.

How to ask a question in this thread:
Click the blue reply button at the top or bottom of the page, type your question, and click post!

Some helpful tips for eliciting answers from other members:
- Keep your question short and precise. No one wants to read a megillah.
- The more questions you ask in one post, the less likely any will be answered. People are willing to answer a question or two, but if you ask all the questions that apply to your particular issue, you're expecting to be spoonfed. Members don't like holding out the spoon, so ask accordingly.

If you Need Help booking Flights?
Need Help Finding a Paid Ticket
Need Help Finding a Award Ticket

« Last edited by DoreshEmes on April 11, 2019, 03:54:27 AM »

Author Topic: Questions and Help for BEGINNERS!  (Read 1738164 times)

Offline Shlomo1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Help for BEGINNERS!
« Reply #8880 on: September 11, 2019, 02:29:28 PM »
Please do elaborate :)
Only 1 mod is visible (unless things were changed or moved). Somebody messed up a thread of yours ?
My apologies. When you say visible, where would I see that?

Offline nirc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: September 11, 2019, 02:49:03 PM »
when pending charges actually post to a statement, do they carry a date of the actual swipe or merely the date when it posted even if few days after transaction?

I ask bec my Citi statement close date is tomorrow 9/12, and I have $600 in pending charges that must be posted to the current statement and not the one following.

a fellow user mentioned that in his experience, the date used is the swipe date regardless of length of time the charge sits in pending category. would just like to get some DP on this as it's quite important.

Offline Boruch Parnes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: September 11, 2019, 03:16:37 PM »
when pending charges actually post to a statement, do they carry a date of the actual swipe or merely the date when it posted even if few days after transaction?

I ask bec my Citi statement close date is tomorrow 9/12, and I have $600 in pending charges that must be posted to the current statement and not the one following.

a fellow user mentioned that in his experience, the date used is the swipe date regardless of length of time the charge sits in pending category. would just like to get some DP on this as it's quite important.
its only due on the following statement

Offline nirc

• View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: September 11, 2019, 03:36:10 PM »
its only due on the following statement

meaning that the statement will be using date when it went off the pending list and NOT when it was actually swiped/charged?

when its due doesn't really concern me. the statement/transaction date is all that matters.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 06:24:49 PM by nirc »

Offline yosefsv

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: September 11, 2019, 05:31:32 PM »
meaning that the statement will be using date when it went off the pending list and NOT when it was actually swiped/charged?
Correct. but it will still post with the 'transaction' date, even if it will be due on the next statement. 
If it benefits even just one fellow DDFer, its worth posting it.

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #8885 on: September 12, 2019, 02:11:51 PM »
How do I see who the MOD is for a certain thread?
Moderators:
AsherO
aaa
Chaikel
Something Fishy

Administrators:
Dan
jj1000
Eli
BAHayman
^^^

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #8886 on: September 12, 2019, 02:19:05 PM »
For the first 3 hours there’s an option to “remove” on top of your post, afterwards PM a mod.
Against forum rules

-Once a post is made it can't be deleted.
^^^

Offline yosefsv

• View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: September 13, 2019, 11:37:34 AM »

@nirc  On which date it doses it state that it posted?
If it benefits even just one fellow DDFer, its worth posting it.

Offline isabels55

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: September 21, 2019, 05:46:27 AM »
How do I see who the MOD is for a certain thread?

It should be written on each sub-forum I think.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: September 23, 2019, 08:06:11 AM »

Offline Dlan1234

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: September 23, 2019, 07:00:26 PM »
Hello All!

I am new to this forum and in need of some answers regarding my current situation. I work with a credit repair company and when clients complete their repair with us I go out and search for additional funding for them. Now, in the past or in my old office, this was not an issue I used to get many more approvals then I do today ( but, that could be I was catering only to my local NY market) Ever since we expanded our services I have been rarely getting APPROVALS for clients with exceptional scores. Now I have my ideas on why this might be happening, but it doesn't change the facts.

1. Applying for clients that live in other states. Banks are seeing applications come in for many different people under 1 IP address. does that make sense?

Also, very strange reasons for the denial and when trying to reconsider its not even an option. I have a client with an exceptional score and healthy standing that got denied for too many inquiries when he only had 5 on his report that was not from major banks.

If anyone has some advice I would be super grateful!

Offline Boruch Parnes

• View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: September 27, 2019, 02:43:54 AM »

1. Applying for clients that live in other states. Banks are seeing applications come in for many different people under 1 IP address. does that make sense?
Why dont you use VPN?

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: September 27, 2019, 02:45:03 AM »

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: September 27, 2019, 02:55:44 AM »
Hello All!

I am new to this forum and in need of some answers regarding my current situation. I work with a credit repair company and when clients complete their repair with us I go out and search for additional funding for them. Now, in the past or in my old office, this was not an issue I used to get many more approvals then I do today ( but, that could be I was catering only to my local NY market) Ever since we expanded our services I have been rarely getting APPROVALS for clients with exceptional scores. Now I have my ideas on why this might be happening, but it doesn't change the facts.

Also, very strange reasons for the denial and when trying to reconsider its not even an option. I have a client with an exceptional score and healthy standing that got denied for too many inquiries when he only had 5 on his report that was not from major banks.

If anyone has some advice I would be super grateful!
You've given no information about the banks you are applying for cards at and no actual information about any one of your clients CR's other than "their score is good." I'm not sure how much help you're expecting anyone to be able to be. As an aside, one would think that someone working at a credit repair company would know at least as much as the people here about many banks approval rules and keep up on the trends at different banks...There's a lot of information out there.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline nirc

• View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: October 08, 2019, 02:24:13 PM »
how can one apply for 2+ credit cards simultaneously but only have 1 credit pull? is the only way when applying for 1 bank and sticking to either all personal or all business apps?

Online ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8895 on: October 10, 2019, 01:00:38 AM »
how can one apply for 2+ credit cards simultaneously but only have 1 credit pull? is the only way when applying for 1 bank and sticking to either all personal or all business apps?
Pretty much.  Although some banks only pull once for both personal and biz.  Amex, I think.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline El Capitan

• View Profile
  • Programs: Haha I wish!
« Reply #8896 on: November 01, 2019, 01:23:38 AM »
I turned 18 in may and being that no one in my family has good credit I had to start from scratch and therefore got a discover. My card will be closing it's 6th statement on the 24th and I'd like to know how to proceed. I'd like to start accumulating Chase points and therefore am looking at the freedom cards. Is It worth doing a 2BM for both or just getting one and if yes which one do you recommend?
Still looking for a good MS method :)

Online Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #8897 on: November 01, 2019, 07:21:01 AM »
I turned 18 in may and being that no one in my family has good credit I had to start from scratch and therefore got a discover. My card will be closing it's 6th statement on the 24th and I'd like to know how to proceed. I'd like to start accumulating Chase points and therefore am looking at the freedom cards. Is It worth doing a 2BM for both or just getting one and if yes which one do you recommend?
Do you have a bank relationship with chase?
If not then open one asap it will help you get chase cards sooner.
IMO get first now a amex card then after having a year on credit history you can go after chase again having a bank relationship helps alot.

Offline El Capitan

• View Profile
  • Programs: Haha I wish!
« Reply #8898 on: November 01, 2019, 08:55:53 AM »
Do you have a bank relationship with chase?
If not then open one asap it will help you get chase cards sooner.
IMO get first now a amex card then after having a year on credit history you can go after chase again having a bank relationship helps alot.
I have a bank relationship with Chase since late 2016. I was going to close it as I switched my main banking to Ally but I read here that it helps to keep it open and therefore left 10 cents in it.
That being said,  should I still go first for the amex or can I go straight for the chase? If I should go for the amex which card should I get? I like the blue business plus but I probably shouldn't be getting business cards yet as my credit score should probably still have a few consumer cards first Am I right?
And if I should for the chase should I do a 2BM and if not which card should I get?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 09:01:33 AM by El Capitan »
Still looking for a good MS method :)

Online Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #8899 on: November 01, 2019, 09:13:19 AM »

I have a bank relationship with Chase since late 2016. I was going to close it as I switched my main banking to Ally but I read here that it helps to keep it open and therefore left 10 cents in it.
That being said,  should I still go first for the amex or can I go straight for the chase? If I should go for the amex which card should I get? I like the blue business plus but I probably shouldn't be getting business cards yet as my credit score should probably still have a few consumer cards first Am I right?
And if I should for the chase should I do a 2BM and if not which card should I get?

You should try a freedom with chase since you already have some credit history and a chase relationship. Try going in branch for a pre aproved offe.  (pre approved has a set APR.)
I wouldn't recommend doing 2BM at all reward is not worth the risk IMO.
Get your first chase card 90 days later you can apply for another one.
Not sure if it's a good idea to start off with a biz amex since it wont report to your credit report and you need some history
Get yourself one of the personal 0 AF cards to build some credit.