Topic Wiki

This is the thread where you can ask any random question you have. Feel free to ask even the most basic questions that you otherwise might be embarrassed to ask. This is the thread for beginners, so veterans here will treat you nicely. Ask a beginner's Q in some other threads and no guarantee of that same treatment. ;)
People here want to help, so just have some patience, follow the tips below and hopefully someone will help you when they have a chance.

If you looking for a particular thread you once saw and can't find it, this is not the place to ask. Check out Help Me Find It and ask there.

How to ask a question in this thread:
Click the blue reply button at the top or bottom of the page, type your question, and click post!

Some helpful tips for eliciting answers from other members:
- Keep your question short and precise. No one wants to read a megillah.
- The more questions you ask in one post, the less likely any will be answered. People are willing to answer a question or two, but if you ask all the questions that apply to your particular issue, you're expecting to be spoonfed. Members don't like holding out the spoon, so ask accordingly.

If you Need Help booking Flights?
Need Help Finding a Paid Ticket
Need Help Finding a Award Ticket

« Last edited by DoreshEmes on April 11, 2019, 03:54:27 AM »

Author Topic: Questions and Help for BEGINNERS!  (Read 772225 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Help for BEGINNERS!
« Reply #8880 on: September 27, 2019, 02:55:44 AM »
Hello All!

I am new to this forum and in need of some answers regarding my current situation. I work with a credit repair company and when clients complete their repair with us I go out and search for additional funding for them. Now, in the past or in my old office, this was not an issue I used to get many more approvals then I do today ( but, that could be I was catering only to my local NY market) Ever since we expanded our services I have been rarely getting APPROVALS for clients with exceptional scores. Now I have my ideas on why this might be happening, but it doesn't change the facts.

1. Applying for clients that live in other states. Banks are seeing applications come in for many different people under 1 IP address. does that make sense?

Also, very strange reasons for the denial and when trying to reconsider its not even an option. I have a client with an exceptional score and healthy standing that got denied for too many inquiries when he only had 5 on his report that was not from major banks.

If anyone has some advice I would be super grateful!
You've given no information about the banks you are applying for cards at and no actual information about any one of your clients CR's other than "their score is good." I'm not sure how much help you're expecting anyone to be able to be. As an aside, one would think that someone working at a credit repair company would know at least as much as the people here about many banks approval rules and keep up on the trends at different banks...There's a lot of information out there.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline nirc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: October 08, 2019, 02:24:13 PM »
how can one apply for 2+ credit cards simultaneously but only have 1 credit pull? is the only way when applying for 1 bank and sticking to either all personal or all business apps?

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: October 10, 2019, 01:00:38 AM »
how can one apply for 2+ credit cards simultaneously but only have 1 credit pull? is the only way when applying for 1 bank and sticking to either all personal or all business apps?
Pretty much.  Although some banks only pull once for both personal and biz.  Amex, I think.