Topic Wiki

This is the thread where you can ask any random question you have. Feel free to ask even the most basic questions that you otherwise might be embarrassed to ask. This is the thread for beginners, so veterans here will treat you nicely. Ask a beginner's Q in some other threads and no guarantee of that same treatment. ;)
People here want to help, so just have some patience, follow the tips below and hopefully someone will help you when they have a chance.

If you looking for a particular thread you once saw and can't find it, this is not the place to ask. Check out Help Me Find It and ask there.

How to ask a question in this thread:
Click the blue reply button at the top or bottom of the page, type your question, and click post!

Some helpful tips for eliciting answers from other members:
- Keep your question short and precise. No one wants to read a megillah.
- The more questions you ask in one post, the less likely any will be answered. People are willing to answer a question or two, but if you ask all the questions that apply to your particular issue, you're expecting to be spoonfed. Members don't like holding out the spoon, so ask accordingly.

If you Need Help booking Flights?
Need Help Finding a Paid Ticket
Need Help Finding a Award Ticket

« Last edited by DoreshEmes on April 11, 2019, 03:54:27 AM »

Author Topic: Questions and Help for BEGINNERS!  (Read 1738075 times)

Offline flyerb

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: First Time Poster
« Reply #9280 on: January 18, 2022, 10:47:50 PM »
Been around and observing but just signed up....... how are you all doing?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: January 18, 2022, 10:49:05 PM »
hi everyone! my first time posting!

Been around and observing but just signed up....... how are you all doing?

Welcome to the forums!
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: January 18, 2022, 11:29:28 PM »
This thread holds a record that I gave two members their first likes here

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Ritz Carlton rooms for sale
« Reply #9283 on: January 18, 2022, 11:52:24 PM »
Who decided this was the right board for this?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline tg1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Best CC for living in Israel
« Reply #9284 on: January 19, 2022, 11:57:28 AM »
Hi,

I'm looking for the biggest bang for my buck. I live in Israel so it needs to not have foreign transaction fees. I hardly travel so ideally a cash back rewards system rather than mileage.  Travel perks aren't a pull. A good sign-up bonus would be nice.

I currently have Captial One Quicksilver with 1.5% cash back. Is there anything better?

I have a good credit rating, so not too worried about approval.

Thanks!

Offline david@netconnections.org

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Ritz Carlton rooms for sale
« Reply #9285 on: January 19, 2022, 09:41:07 PM »
price ?

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: January 27, 2022, 09:24:59 PM »
This thread holds a record that I gave three members their first likes here
FTFM

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: January 28, 2022, 02:49:04 AM »
FTFM
You forgot to say hi!

Hi everyone. I am new at this forum. Its my first post ;D
Hi welcome to the forum!
Get ready to see your time spent (wasted?) in days and hours ;D
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline Moshe Green

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: January 28, 2022, 03:36:14 AM »
"What do you call a first time a first time DDF poster?"

"A Poster Child!" ;D ;D ;D

::)

Offline lover of truth

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
flights from tel aviv to los angeles
« Reply #9289 on: February 07, 2022, 02:45:03 AM »
i am a frequent flyer between tlv-lax
i always look to book flight with stopover in us so during stopover can clear customs, but us carrier flights are always like $500 more than european, can anyone explain me why?
(can also  fly ac and stop in yyz and can clear customs there but there are no daily flights between yyz and tlv)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: flights from tel aviv to los angeles
« Reply #9290 on: February 07, 2022, 08:23:30 PM »
i always look to book flight with stopover in us so during stopover can clear customs, but us carrier flights are always like $500 more than european, can anyone explain me why?
Because people will pay more for that.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ymeyer@aish.com

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
where to book lifemiles
« Reply #9291 on: February 08, 2022, 10:50:19 AM »
I cannot find where to book (Avianca) lifemiles. Also, where is their award chart? Thanks

Offline luigler

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: February 22, 2022, 11:57:05 PM »
Another new poster here. I have been enjoying Dan's stuff for years, just signed up as a member. It's been more then 24 hours since I posted my first post in the CC forums & it still says "This message is awaiting approval by a moderator". Should I suspect that there is something wrong with the post or Is that how long it takes for every new poster.

Offline Y R

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
Amex Offer! Spend $13.99+/mo on The Disney Bundle, get $13.99 back
« Reply #9293 on: March 02, 2022, 05:15:21 PM »
Spend $13.99+/mo on The
Disney Bundle, get $13.99 back
each month thru 8/31/22

Terms and conditions
Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only eligible U.S.- issued Delta SkyMiles® Gold, Delta SkyMiles® Reserve, and Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid on any qualifying purchase purchased online at US websites DisneyPlus.com, Hulu.com and Plus.espn.com. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. “Qualifying purchases” include The Disney Bundle monthly subscription purchases of either $13.99 a month or $19.99 a month (excluding taxes) and any other monthly or annual subscription purchase or add-ons that amount to $13.99 (excluding taxes) or more in any one calendar month made with your enrolled Card on or before 8/31/2022. If you purchase a monthly subscription, unless you notify the merchant that you want to cancel, your subscription will automatically renew for another monthly subscription period (subject to applicable law). This means that the merchant will collect the then-applicable subscription fee and any taxes by charging a credit card the merchant has on record for you without notifying you unless notification is required by applicable law. Your purchase will not qualify if you purchase your subscription through a third party device or digital platform (unless the device or platform redirects to DisneyPlus.com or Hulu.com for purchase), or as a bundle with cable services or as another bundle. If you upgrade an already existing Disney+, Hulu or ESPN+ subscription to The Disney Bundle monthly subscription in the middle of a subscription month, your first month’s subscription purchase will be pro-rated and may be less than $13.99 and therefore may not qualify for a statement credit. Further, if you change an already existing Disney+ or ESPN+ annual subscription to The Disney Bundle and your ongoing monthly charge is less than $13.99, you may not qualify for a statement credit. A single purchase of an annual subscription also qualifies for the monthly $13.99 credit, but you would only be eligible for a one-time $13.99 statement credit for this purchase if purchased during the offer term. Must be 18+ to subscribe to Disney+ or The Disney Bundle. Offer is non-transferable. Once you add the offer to your eligible Card, you must spend a minimum of $13.99 in one or more qualifying US purchases by the last day of each calendar month to be considered eligible for a one-time statement credit in that month. You may receive the one-time monthly statement credit each month starting in the month you enroll and through 8/31/2022. Your ability to redeem will reset on the first day of each calendar month and end on the last day of the same calendar month until 8/31/2022. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member per monthly spend and one $13.99 statement credit per enrolled Card Member per month during the offer period. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/31/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all services from your qualifying purchase have been provided by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. The enrolled Card account must be active, not past due, canceled, or have a returned payment outstanding to receive a statement credit. Any statement credit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Amex Offers are dynamic and personalized. If you navigate away from the Amex Offers page, you may see different offers when you return. For questions regarding your Card Account, please call the number on the back of your Card. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K38Y:0001

Offline architect613

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Indochino suit did not fit at all
« Reply #9294 on: March 14, 2022, 12:08:14 PM »
I purchased a suit from Indochino and when it came in it  didn't fit at all so much so it needs to be replaced. I informed them within the 10 day window,  but I was not able to get to the store until months later. They said since I didn't ask for a extension and didn't actually come into the store within the 10 days they are not going to replace or tailor without cost.

I was under the impression from the initial correspondence with them as long as I informed them within the 10 day window it didn't matter when I came in.

Does anyone have any insight on how to get them to replace the suit?

Thank you,

Offline StartUpChossid

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: ANTIQUE SEFORIM
« Reply #9295 on: April 05, 2022, 09:50:42 PM »
IM INTERSTED IN BUYING SOME ANTIQUE SEFORIM AND LETTERS FROM RABONIM  ANY IDEA WHOM TO CALL
Really depends on your budget and what you looking to pick up and where you are based.
Kedem Auction House, VirtualJudaica etc

Offline 1avigrun

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: ANTIQUE SEFORIM
« Reply #9296 on: April 05, 2022, 10:19:36 PM »
Eli amsel (917) 863-8239

Offline LoveYidden

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Help for BEGINNERS!
« Reply #9297 on: April 10, 2022, 03:41:28 AM »
Real begginer here. Wondering how to post a trip report...

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: April 10, 2022, 08:41:37 AM »
Real begginer here. Wondering how to post a trip report...
For help with photos see here

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: April 10, 2022, 08:44:10 AM »
Real begginer here.
Welcome. I love your username!