Author Topic: Salesforce Master thread  (Read 238 times)

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Salesforce Master thread
« on: May 17, 2020, 01:47:13 PM »
I donít believe this thread exists yet and its an amazing software (CRM really). It has a phenomenal (free) course fo learn everything it does (called trailhead). I work with it at work all day. Anyone here familiar-got certification ? To begin with a question Iím wondering if thereís an easy way to use import wizard when one of the fields I want to create is an auto number ?
Any and all salesforce talk goes here👍
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Online chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
Re: Salesforce Master thread
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 02:17:46 PM »
I have the admin certification, going for app builder hopefully by end of the month.
Don't believe you can get an auto-number for an import but saw this if it might help you

Set the field up as a text field first, import your data, then change the data type of the field to auto number. Start the auto number sequence at the next number you want and be sure to not backfill existing records. Your pre-existing values will stay in tact after converting the field type.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Salesforce Master thread
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 12:15:16 AM »
I have the admin certification, going for app builder hopefully by end of the month.
Don't believe you can get an auto-number for an import but saw this if it might help you

Set the field up as a text field first, import your data, then change the data type of the field to auto number. Start the auto number sequence at the next number you want and be sure to not backfill existing records. Your pre-existing values will stay in tact after converting the field type.
yep I saw that. The problem is Iím using a managed package so canít change the field.
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible