Author Topic: NBA Finals 2012  (Read 28113 times)

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Finals
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2012, 01:11:59 AM »
@ajk the way he left was stupid and arrogant. Can we get over that. It was 2 years ago. Mistreating an nba all timer isn't not loving him. It is not going out and giving him a supporting cast.
So MJ should have left the Bulls?
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2012, 01:12:44 AM »
What superstar would want to join a guy that clearly has no intention of sticking around to build a legacy there?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2012, 08:20:27 AM »
@helpme. Many sports writers put scottie Pippen in their top 50 all time nba list. And he also had dennis Rodman. @dan. Cleveland could have at least got him 2 of the top 100 players in the nba. Your excuse is lousy. Can you name of 1 superstar or even star that they chased and got turned down. These things have a way of getting out to the media.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline Shmelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2012, 10:18:10 AM »
It doesn't seem like Lamdan has followed basketball all that much ever.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »
@ajk the way he left was stupid and arrogant. Can we get over that. It was 2 years ago. Mistreating an nba all timer isn't not loving him. It is not going out and giving him a supporting cast.

2 years ago or 20, it takes a lifetime to build up trust and character, and, well, one nationally televised egocentric announcement to destroy it.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2012, 10:31:42 AM »
@helpme. Many sports writers put scottie Pippen in their top 50 all time nba list. And he also had dennis Rodman.
Pippen was good but top 50 of all time, not IMHO. So Rodman was brought to the Bulls to help Jordan. I think you are rewriting history. Rodman was not even there for the first three.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »
it wasnt that he left, it was how he left and also how he threw himself a coronation before he even started the season with Miami
a real man would have told cleveland right away that he was leaving and not made them a public spectacle and humiliation

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2012, 02:25:05 PM »
Pippen was good but top 50 of all time, not IMHO.
+1, but many respected sports anilysts believe he was. I believe he is extremely underrated.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »
It doesn't seem like Lamdan has followed basketball all that much ever.
I've followed basketball, I just beleive very strongly that you should think for yourself when it comes to sports, a lot of stuff most ppl think when it comes to sports is way off. The emotions of the game takeover. Have you ever noticed that pop wisdom always has great QB's and great WR's on the same team. And pop wisdom will say that an NBA player has to win a Finals to be a true great, and totally ignores the fact that it is impossible w/o a supporting cast. Pop wisdom in sports ain't logical, some like it like that, I don't.

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2012, 03:26:03 PM »
Can you name of 1 superstar or even star that they chased and got turned down. These things have a way of getting out to the media.
Amare, Ray Allen, Michael Redd, Shaq and Jamison (both of whom they ultimately did get).

Can you name 1 superstar that was brought in to help Iverson? 1 superstar that was brought in to help KG? Teams with superstars historically didn't bring in another superstar to help. Pierce/KG/Allen and Pau Gasol to the Lakers were the moves that set all these superstar pairings in place. Before then it was nearly unheard of. Yeah TMac and Grant Hill went to the Magic together, and yeah Shaq left Orlando. Those are the only times prior to the last few years that superstars either teamed up or left a city.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2012, 03:27:46 PM »
The Cavs were the best team in the NBA the last 2 years LBJ was in Cleveland (and the most fun team I've seen in my lifetime). His final year in Cleveland should have produced a championship, had he not visibly and obviously quit against the Celtics.

Offline dhalpern1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2012, 11:03:36 PM »
I think Ive moved on from hoping that the Heat dont win to hoping that they dont win again next year.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2012, 11:05:02 PM »
I think Ive moved on from hoping that the Heat dont win to hoping that they dont win again next year.
Lol, OKC is just getting schooled right now.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2012, 11:06:35 PM »
Lol, OKC is just getting schooled right now.

Hopefully they learned a lesson. With this experience and their team it could easily be them next year.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2012, 11:07:21 PM »
Hopefully they learned a lesson. With this experience and their team it could easily be them next year.
I don't think so, they're just flat-out outmatched.

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2012, 11:10:15 PM »
I don't think so, they're just flat-out outmatched.

Tonight absolutely they are, but I think thats because they have nothing left after losing 3 straight close games that went down to the wire. They might be one small piece away.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2012, 11:12:35 PM »
They may be but a piece away, though I'm not convinced that it's small.
And the other games didn't really go down to the wire, OKC has consistently collapsed when it has counted.

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2012, 11:14:09 PM »
They may be but a piece away, though I'm not convinced that it's small.
And the other games didn't really go down to the wire, OKC has consistently collapsed when it has counted.

Which was in the last 60 seconds. KD and Westbrook showed inexperience, hopefully that changes. Harden has just been very bad.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2012, 11:16:23 PM »
Harden and Westbrook have seemed ridiculously selfish in this series IMHO.

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2012, 11:18:09 PM »
Harden and Westbrook have seemed ridiculously selfish in this series IMHO.

Agreed. Durant needs to be more selfish.