Author Topic: For once and for all  (Read 3631 times)

Offline mac101

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
For once and for all
« on: May 15, 2012, 01:25:45 AM »
Okay. I have a great credit score [743], I pay all my bills on time [in full] and yet lately I keep on getting refused? I'm suspecting that the reason I'm getting refused may have to do with how I'm filling out the application, so I;m going to spell out how I generally fill out an application form:

How many years in business: 4 [it's actually 2]
Rent or buy? Rent
Revenue: $900,000+ [the truth]
Annual income? $95,000
Self Employed

Now, where am I going wrong? I applied today for a Chase Ink Bold and was told that I will be informed of the decision in a couple weeks [generally that means you're not accepted (from past experience)].

Am I making a mistake stating that my revenue is so high?

I have the numbers to the Chase reconsideration... What's best to tell them in order for them to indeed reconsider and except my application?

I would much appreciate all assistance.

L

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: For once and for all
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 02:15:31 AM »
If, indeed, the high revenue is the issue, apply for a personal credit card and you wont have that issue because they only ask for annual income.
Also if you want to push through your business card application, offer to show them proof of your revenue.

Another choice is not to state as much revenue on your business application.

Good luck.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 02:16:27 AM »
If you can prove such a high revenue then wht would you not report it. I would have to think they care about the income more and that is a not hard to believe.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 02:26:08 AM »
It is possible that the "self employed" is a flag. maybe combined with the high income.

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 08:45:39 AM »
the ink bold is not a starter card..... Its a continue the growth card. 4 years is in reality a short time for a business. They would have an easier time approved a start up card.

Footnote: I signed up someone for a cad also self employed annual revenue of 2.5 million. salary 75K as well as self employed. the only difference is the business was around 30 plus years. It also took chase 2 weeks to approve him.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 09:08:44 AM »
It is possible that the "self employed" is a flag. maybe combined with the high income.
if your right than it is only due to the higher income combo as you mention as I know a few people that put down self employed for starter cards and had no problems.

Offline Name Changed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 09:15:53 AM »
I think speak to recon, and tell them your business, and your business plans and how you have been functioning ....

I just got approved for the INK Bold a few months ago ... I spoke to recon and they approved me for a 10K CL, and 2 months later I got it upped to 15K

I told them my business ... I was doing it for 2 years, and I am self employed. I told them my revenue much less than your. I thinks its about convincing the rep that you are legit successful growing business.

Offline yitzf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
For once and for all
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 11:46:25 AM »
I applied today for a Chase Ink Bold and was told that I will be informed of the decision in a couple weeks [generally that means you're not accepted (from past experience)].
IME and from what I've read the ink bold card takes a lot longer to come than your average cc. Also the fact that they said a couple of weeks is not a bad sign at all. I would not write off an approval.

Offline MeToo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 04:26:24 PM »
When I applied for INK Bold, I was also told a few weeks.  Someone called me, asked a few questions about my business, and approved me.

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 04:38:16 PM »
I have a chase ink bold and ink cash for a legitimate corporation with much lower numbers than what you posted for gross. They called me for both and approved on the spot. Might help that I have 3 personal cards with them.
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline Name Changed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »
I think speak to recon, and tell them your business, and your business plans and how you have been functioning ....

I just got approved for the INK Bold a few months ago ... I spoke to recon and they approved me for a 10K CL, and 2 months later I got it upped to 15K

I told them my business ... I was doing it for 2 years, and I am self employed. I told them my revenue much less than your. I thinks its about convincing the rep that you are legit successful growing business.
I forgot to mention I did have personal cards with chase, and I has a Business bank for 2 months prior to my application, so that too could help.,

Offline smart brit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 08:26:59 PM »
First of all IMO the revenue is high compared to income and that would raise a red flag.
I have an idea for you open up a chase business checking account and keep in your account 10k+ for 3 months and then apply for the card if then you are denied again walk over to your bank and ask your personal banker to get u approved and u will be good once and for all  ;)

Offline mac101

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 08:45:24 PM »
Thank you guys for all your advice. I will let you know how things proceed.

Many thanks,
L

Offline mac101

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 08:46:33 PM »
First of all IMO the revenue is high compared to income and that would raise a red flag.
I have an idea for you open up a chase business checking account and keep in your account 10k+ for 3 months and then apply for the card if then you are denied again walk over to your bank and ask your personal banker to get u approved and u will be good once and for all  ;)

Sounds like a good idea. Will def give it a shot. Thanks

Offline mac101

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 08:47:59 PM »

Thanks for the info

Offline mac101

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 08:49:39 PM »
If you can prove such a high revenue then wht would you not report it. I would have to think they care about the income more and that is a not hard to believe.
That's been my thinking all along. But I'm starting to doubt that now.

Offline mac101

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 08:50:53 PM »
If, indeed, the high revenue is the issue, apply for a personal credit card and you wont have that issue because they only ask for annual income.
Also if you want to push through your business card application, offer to show them proof of your revenue.

Another choice is not to state as much revenue on your business application.

Good luck.

I've had a Chase personal card in great standing for about 5 years now. I'll just wait fir the decision to arrive and take it from there. Thanks for the input

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 08:54:11 PM »
I've had a Chase personal card in great standing for about 5 years now. I'll just wait fir the decision to arrive and take it from there. Thanks for the input

what reason does it say on the letter why you keep getting denied?

have you ever tried calling recon and moving over some credit from your personal card?

Offline smart brit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 08:58:49 PM »
Sounds like a good idea. Will def give it a shot. Thanks
I got approved this way