Author Topic: Verizon termintating unlimited data plans  (Read 5747 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Verizon termintating unlimited data plans
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 09:03:58 PM »
FTFY (I think!)

If it's implemented the way it was reported it'll be your way, if it's implemented the Sprint way, it'll be for any device change.

We'll have wait and see.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 02:25:03 PM »
http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/05/24/losing-unlimited-data-for-iphone-5/

According to this source you should be be grandfathered with the Unlimited data IF you buy the iPhone 5 full price. 

Offline WAM

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 10:47:18 PM »
If it's implemented the way it was reported it'll be your way, if it's implemented the Sprint way, it'll be for any device change.

We'll have wait and see.
Verizon informed their employees on their internal messaging system that the unlimited data plan will only be changed if you upgrade, i.e. use a Verizon subsidy. They will probably be coming out with shared data data plans as well. They have a "double the data" promotion on all 4G LTE phones which gives you 2x the data of the standard data plan (2gb becomes 4gb, 5gb becomes 10gb and 10gb becomes 20gb). This promotion will be ending June 5th, so if you want it, sign up by then!

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 01:36:56 PM »
Verizon informed their employees on their internal messaging system that the unlimited data plan will only be changed if you upgrade, i.e. use a Verizon subsidy. They will probably be coming out with shared data data plans as well. They have a "double the data" promotion on all 4G LTE phones which gives you 2x the data of the standard data plan (2gb becomes 4gb, 5gb becomes 10gb and 10gb becomes 20gb). This promotion will be ending June 5th, so if you want it, sign up by then!

Does that mean that if I have a friend who has a VZW plan and doesn't use his upgrade (he's happy with his Droid 2 years old), if he orders the iPhone 5 at subsidy price when released and doesn't activate it - instead I take it, in that case:
1. Will I be able to activate it on my grandfathered unlimitted plan and not lose the unlimitted data? (since I don't upgrade myself)?
2. Will it affect his plan?

Offline WAM

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 11:16:08 PM »
Does that mean that if I have a friend who has a VZW plan and doesn't use his upgrade (he's happy with his Droid 2 years old), if he orders the iPhone 5 at subsidy price when released and doesn't activate it - instead I take it, in that case:
1. Will I be able to activate it on my grandfathered unlimitted plan and not lose the unlimitted data? (since I don't upgrade myself)?
2. Will it affect his plan?

First of all, they have not yet implemented this upgrade "rule", so lets see when they come out with it.
Verizon said that it depends on whether or not you use your upgrade, which leads me to believe that only the one who uses the upgrade - whether or not they activate the phone -  will lose their unlimited data. And, they will also be hit with the new $30 upgrade fee.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:26:12 PM by WAM »