Author Topic: Chase travel cancellation/interruption insurance to Israel  (Read 465 times)

Offline cers4686

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase travel cancellation/interruption insurance to Israel
« on: November 21, 2023, 02:23:40 PM »
Most insurance companies are not selling trip cancellation policies on trips to Israel at the current time. I'm trying to figure out if I buy the tickets on my Chase Reserve, will I still be eligible for the trip cancellation benefit even though the trip is to Israel? I called Chase and the representative said he doesn't see any exclusions regarding Israel, but I'm doubtful he knows what he's talking about since these policies are underwritten by separate insurance companies, right? Does anyone have any more info on this?

Offline Freecountry

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
Re: Chase travel cancellation/interruption insurance to Israel
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 11:27:05 AM »
Does Chase sapphire preferred travel insurance, specifically trip Interruption/cancellation, apply on a one way ticket? Family member had a one way flight from MIA-ORD but just got sick and is in the hospital. The ticket was one way but in reality they live in Chicago and booked to MIA using Avios and the way back using UR points, in short their trip is round trip but tickets were booked as two separate one way’s.