Recommended Activities:

Trips Reports:
jj1000, Eli, Chapshnell, @Yehuda, @Mootkim
« Last edited by Mootkim on December 10, 2018, 02:57:07 PM »

DansDeals Forum > Destination Guides And Trip Planning

Florence Italy master thread

<< < (2/92) > >>

Mtl18:
I'm planning on taking an early Thursday morning train to Florence (from Rome) and getting in one day there before moving onto venice.

I'd like to see the Accademia, Uffize and the synagogue, and then probably do a rick steve self guided tour/walk.

Q) I'll be in Venice from Friday morning to Tuesday noon. Do you suggest staying overnight in Florence Thursday night or moving onto venice thursday night instead?

How does it work to see the shul? are there tours? about how long should I put aside for this?

Traveler718:
I would recommend staying overnight in Florence. It's a gorgeous city with a lot of charm and lots to see, and I wouldn't want to have to fly through it in order to make a train to Venice, especially if you're waking up that morning in Rome.

When we were there in the spring the shul didn't have guided tours. You just paid your admission fee and explored yourself. You don't need more than an hour to see it all, but also keep in mind that it's not in the same part of Florence as many of the other attractions and is a solid 10-15 minute walk each way from most everything else.

Ergel:

--- Quote from: Traveler718 on October 25, 2012, 12:04:00 PM ---I would recommend staying overnight in Florence. It's a gorgeous city with a lot of charm and lots to see, and I wouldn't want to have to fly through it in order to make a train to Venice, especially if you're waking up that morning in Rome.

When we were there in the spring the shul didn't have guided tours. You just paid your admission fee and explored yourself. You don't need more than an hour to see it all, but also keep in mind that it's not in the same part of Florence as many of the other attractions and is a solid 10-15 minute walk each way from most everything else.

--- End quote ---
+1, especially since as it is in think you have too much time in Venice
Keep in mind the shul is only open every other half hour (the other half hour you cash check out the museum but not that much to see)

Mtl18:
A stayover it is. Hotels are much cheaper in Florence, could find for <40$ a night :) I saw Ruths mentioned above. Is it reliable hechsher?

jj1000:

--- Quote from: Traveler718 on October 25, 2012, 12:04:00 PM ---I would recommend staying overnight in Florence. It's a gorgeous city with a lot of charm and lots to see, and I wouldn't want to have to fly through it in order to make a train to Venice, especially if you're waking up that morning in Rome.

--- End quote ---
+1

Also I like your plan for the city that's basically the most important stuff. I would suggest being on one of the bridges for sunset to watch it over the river I got some beautiful pictures there. If you plan on going to the leather market I posted in my trip report the name of a guy who loves Jews and will sell you at basically cost value if you shmooze with him.

--- Quote from: Mtl18 on October 25, 2012, 12:18:52 PM ---A stayover it is. Hotels are much cheaper in Florence, could find for <40$ a night :) I saw Ruths mentioned above. Is it reliable hechsher?

--- End quote ---
I saw many frum people eating there. Although I'm not sure who the hechsher is under.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version