Author Topic: Urgent help: Flights booked on LY via travel agent, and can't change now..  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I booked flights thru a travel agent here in USA. Passenger is not going to make the flight, which is inj 2 hours.
When I call ELAL to cancel in order it shouldn't show as a no show, they tell me I have to call the travel agent, as they can't touch this booking since it's made thru an agent.
Travel agent is sleeping very deeply...

Any way how to get around this?
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
I booked flights thru a travel agent here in USA. Passenger is not going to make the flight, which is inj 2 hours.
When I call ELAL to cancel in order it shouldn't show as a no show, they tell me I have to call the travel agent, as they can't touch this booking since it's made thru an agent.
Travel agent is sleeping very deeply...

Any way how to get around this?
Can you talk to an agent at the airport of departure or arrival IME they ultimately have the power to not mark someone as a no show, no one else (especially the travel agent)
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
Can you talk to an agent at the airport of departure or arrival IME they ultimately have the power to not mark someone as a no show, no one else (especially the travel agent)
Departing from HKG, how do i get threw to the desk in HKG?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Departing from HKG, how do i get threw to the desk in HKG?
el al general inquires- +852 2216 1088 el al reservations +852 2380 3362   http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/flight/airline-information/enquiry.html google voice is only 2cents per minute... And general airport inquires +852 2181 8888 I'd go with these numbers in order if no one picks up after 5 maybe 10 min. hang up and call the next one... Hopefully someone has a heart to help you. You can also try to call el al general inquires +972 3 977 1111    and ask them to connect you to their corespondent in HKG... GL!!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:09:13 AM by jj1000 »

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
Cannot offer advice but good luck I feel for you

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
el al general inquires- +852 2216 1088 el al reservations +852 2380 3362   http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/flight/airline-information/enquiry.html google voice is only 2cents per minute... And general airport inquires +852 2181 8888 I'd go with these numbers in order if no one picks up after 5 maybe 10 min. hang up and call the next one... Hopefully someone has a heart to help you. You can also try to call el al general inquires +972 3 977 1111    and ask them to connect you to their corespondent in HKG... GL!!!
Thanks a million

got threw in the end using this number 85223803362.
They helped me out all the way.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks a million

got threw in the end using this number 85223803362.
They helped me out all the way.
That's great news! Glad I could help :)