Author Topic: Shortening Sheraton reservation  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Shortening Sheraton reservation
« on: May 21, 2012, 10:37:41 PM »
I have a reservation using C and P in a Sheraton in Rio for 3 nights however I may take a Motsei Shabbos flight and shorten the reservation to 2 days. Is it possible to shorten such a reservation by a day or should I just make a second booking which is now avail for 2 nights and cancel one when I decide.
Also Shabbos ends around 6, I know as a gold member when avail I get 4pm checkout but what would be my options with a 6 pm? Is it possible to negotiate for a discounted rate to stay the extra hours?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Shortening Sheraton reservation
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 10:41:51 PM »
Make 2 stays to make life easier.
Email the hotel, explain shabbos and gold status, I'd be surprised if they wont accommodate you.

Enjoy the beautiful cidade maravilhosa and stay safe!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:48:50 PM »
Make 2 stays to make life easier.
Email the hotel, explain shabbos and gold status, I'd be surprised if they wont accommodate you.

Enjoy the beautiful cidade maravilhosa and stay safe!
This is good because all the hotels in Rio are a bloody fortune so decided with the Sheraton, although to get to Leblon I read it is a 5 min walk near a favela. What can they steal from me on Shabbos though.

I admit I had to google that term, guess that is something you would know only after you have been there!

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 12:21:14 AM »

I emailed the hotel and this was the response. I only had the email of the reservations not the manager. What do you make of this?

Dear Mr. Fan of Dan,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service. Due to our occupancy, unfortunately we can not confirm your request for a late check out on Aug. 11th. It will be taken into consideration according to our availability.

There is a remark on the reservation showing yourrequest and we are going to do our best to accommodate you as late as possible.Besides that we can offer you a Hospitality room & a storage room for yourluggage.

Please talk to the Front Desk staff upon arrival. 

We look forward to see you here in August.
Cordially,     
LuizClaudio Araujo

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:00:15 AM »
PUTPAC and ask for a manager.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 01:51:19 PM »
PUTPAC and ask for a manager.
Thanks for the good advice I got the club floor manager who told me he is in charge of Gold and Plat members and he will see to it before we come that we are taken care of. He added that he will get us an upgrade, perhaps a suite. Gave me his name and email to remind him before I come.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 01:55:08 PM »
Thanks for the good advice
De nada, Boa viagem! :)

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 04:11:24 PM »
I ended up booking the direct TACA flight from LIM to RIO with UA at 20k and am landing at 5 am. Any shot of getting a really early check in at the Sheraton? I am staying for 3 nights in the end (am only measly gold :'( ).