Author Topic: INTERNET(DSL or CABLE) AND PHONE LINE  (Read 10999 times)

Offline chaim

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
INTERNET(DSL or CABLE) AND PHONE LINE
« on: June 16, 2008, 01:07:16 AM »
My promo for Cablevision is up this week. I was paying $45 including tax for Unlimited voice(phone line) and Internet service(cable) with Optimum online. IT IS GREAT SERVICE. As of next week they will start charging me around $85 for the two services. Does anyone know of a good reliable home phone deal and Internet deal out there. I am very sceptical with these voip things bc first off I need a fax and secondly people say they arnt clear.  LOOKING FOR A DEAL

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: INTERNET(DSL or CABLE) AND PHONE LINE
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 01:34:38 AM »
Threaten to cancel.  Time warner roadrunner extended my 6 month promotional offer for another 6 months when I told them I was going to switch to DSL.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 04:43:26 PM »
Interesting.

I have Verizon and pay about $80 after all the junk fees (taxes etc..)
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline ydavis

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 11:14:06 AM »
I am very sceptical with these voip things bc first off I need a fax and secondly people say they arnt clear.
I have vonage VOIP which is perfectly clear (90Kbps if that means anything to you) and you can fax over it. It offers unlimited calls to US and Canada, and $.01/min to Israel.

Offline Mendel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 12:11:32 PM »
I have vonage VOIP which is perfectly clear (90Kbps if that means anything to you) and you can fax over it. It offers unlimited calls to US and Canada, and $.01/min to Israel.

yes but you have to pay for internet besides that... and that in itself could cost another $50 a month...

Offline gokartsrus

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 08:29:17 PM »
Threaten to cancel.  Time warner roadrunner extended my 6 month promotional offer for another 6 months when I told them I was going to switch to DSL.

Dan - I tried calling time warner and they refused to extend that 6 month promo....

Did you have the same thing as I did - I signed up for that 6 months promo of internet only for $29.99 a month - $150 rebate.... that you had posted once...

If you have the same as I do (No cable or phone service - just internet) maybe you could recommend what to do ?

I called them twice already...

Thanks.

Offline chillmaster

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 04:39:50 PM »
i just ordered cable vision and the rep told me to call back after 6 months and get the next promo    they are always running one!!

Offline Mendel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 06:55:15 PM »
i just ordered cable vision and the rep told me to call back after 6 months and get the next promo    they are always running one!!

that's not true (they just wanted to get you off the phone..)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 11:52:46 PM »
Dan - I tried calling time warner and they refused to extend that 6 month promo....

Did you have the same thing as I did - I signed up for that 6 months promo of internet only for $29.99 a month - $150 rebate.... that you had posted once...

If you have the same as I do (No cable or phone service - just internet) maybe you could recommend what to do ?

I called them twice already...

Thanks.
Call again?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chaim

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 06:07:55 PM »
I actually had them give me another six month promo on my cablevision at $45 total month for year but after that nothing,  I DID THREATEN to cancel but they basically told me they could give me $20 a month off for three months and thats it.

AGAIN I need a cable and phone line deal that I can fax on. Thanks in advance

Offline Mendel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 10:05:22 PM »
I got it they were giving it for 12 months (2.5 years ago) so I canceled after the year, and signed up again on my wife's name, then I was having issues with slow speeds which they never really solved, so I got them to extend it

but I have spoken to many many reps, and it's pretty much impossible

Offline chaim

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 10:25:01 AM »
so you cancelled and then you signed up again the same day with your wifes name and social using the same address? How were you a ble to keep your number? I would easily be able to do that If you could please explain how you did it.

1.did you do it same day?
2.Did you lose your original number?
3Im sssuming you had to return your modem and then they shipped you a new one, how long was your system down till you had new equipment and had it up and running?

Offline Mendel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 11:27:16 AM »
so you cancelled and then you signed up again the same day with your wifes name and social using the same address? How were you a ble to keep your number? I would easily be able to do that If you could please explain how you did it.

1.did you do it same day?
2.Did you lose your original number?
3Im sssuming you had to return your modem and then they shipped you a new one, how long was your system down till you had new equipment and had it up and running?

1. No
2. I have Vonage (besides Vonage being cheaper, I also got Vonage for this exact reason)
3. I did it before I left for Tishrei, and signed up again after Tishrei (so I saved a month of service as well)

Offline chaim

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 05:16:14 PM »
I need to be able to fax plus I need the internet, two things that vonage dosnt provide.

How did you keep your phone number if you signed up a month later?

Offline Mendel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 06:51:18 PM »
I need to be able to fax plus I need the internet, two things that vonage dosnt provide.

How did you keep your phone number if you signed up a month later?

I never canceled Vonage, (I had it forwarded while I was away) and then resigned up for Optimum Online when I came back

as far as I know Vonage has Fax as well (you can even send faxes free with V-Fax)

Offline kingsfan33

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 04:58:21 PM »
At&t U-verse recently started service in LA.
Since they are brand new they are bargaining on the phone when you start your service.
I just got the U400 plan for television, which includes all channels. For internet, I got the Elite package (6 Mbps downloads)
3 cable boxes (including a 4 tuner DVR), HD package. Total bill is $134. Time Warner for this package is at least 50 bucks more monthly.
Send me a PM if you want more details how to get a good price if you're serious about signing up...